+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

isostar

Star Member
Feb 4, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
When the husband (PR holder) is sponsoring family class visa for his spouse, the application needs to be submitted through his IRCC account or a new account needs to be created for the spouse?

Appreciate your help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
When the husband (PR holder) is sponsoring family class visa for his spouse, the application needs to be submitted through his IRCC account or a new account needs to be created for the spouse?

Appreciate your help.
You cannot apply online. It's a paper-based application.

Vauguy

Star Member
Jan 24, 2021
At the current situation what is right , first visitor visa then spousal sponsorship or just direct sponsorship. I heard the dual intent is enforced hence visitor visa rejection forspouses is not the same as earlier.
Background: candian citizen sponsoring Indian spouse who is in govt job back there. So strong tie to the home countty can be shown in the visitor visa application.

andrew3081

Apr 6, 2018
Hi I wish everybody well. Happy New Year too. The thread has been very helpful, thank you for your updates. I hope you can shed a little information on my situation. Some of my questions might be too common but then Id still appreciate your advice since you have applied ahead :) I am getting married to my Canadian Citizen husband this February 2021. I have been here since 2017, came as a Student, finished school 2019, then got my PGWP which will expire Dec 2022.
Questions:
* What do I need to get from the Philippine Consulate here in Vancouver before we apply for Inland Sponsorship? I have been asking the Office of the Consulate through email but they always seem to give unrelated replies.
* Is it also advisable to change my last name first in my BC Id, SIN, bank account, and even Philippine Passport before we apply?
* Is it okay that we only have lived together for 2 months but have been in a relationship for 2 years?
Thank you in advance for your replies :))
Also look for Philippine specific requirements.
You need to get original PSA documents for your birth certificate and CENOMAR and maybe marriage certificate on the yellow paper.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
At the current situation what is right , first visitor visa then spousal sponsorship or just direct sponsorship. I heard the dual intent is enforced hence visitor visa rejection forspouses is not the same as earlier.
Background: candian citizen sponsoring Indian spouse who is in govt job back there. So strong tie to the home countty can be shown in the visitor visa application.
Spouses are still being refused TRVs.

My recommendation would be to submit both the outland sponsorship application and the TRV application. TRV processing times are very long right now and you may be waiting a long time only to be refused. I would get the outland application underway now.

iamerickson

Dec 20, 2019
Im November 2019 applicant but till now the medical was expired since January 31st and still no news from Manila visa office nor any updates to anything. Pre-Arrival was sent September of 2020 but other than that no updates..

Ziya K

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
we got a decision made status for my husband saying he is elig to sponsor me, I’ve submitted my medical and pcc, what’s next after this?

Anshika Gupta

Feb 3, 2021
Hi, I have a question, I submitted my husbands application in January, I have not received an AOR yet. He is in India. I (Sponsor) am currently in a full time permanent job. Can I leave my job before he gets his PR or when is the right time that I can leave my job? If I change or leave my job do I need to inform CIC?

Stephen2021

Jan 26, 2021
Oct 2019 applicant, my wife sent her medical March 2020 and no response since then; Mexico office is really slow and it’s frustrating; last update when I checked is that they received medical. Anyone else in similar situation ?

aasraful

Star Member
Apr 20, 2018
Oct 2019 applicant, my wife sent her medical March 2020 and no response since then; Mexico office is really slow and it’s frustrating; last update when I checked is that they received medical. Anyone else in similar situation ?
I am applicant May 2019. My wife waiting for an interview. no update from Singapur visa office since Nov 2019. :( :( :(