+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

neerajthomas

Mar 22, 2014
Any idea what is the average processing time for Spousal PR sponsorship now during Covid? The CIC website says 12 month but wanted to hear from real experience.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Any idea what is the average processing time for Spousal PR sponsorship now during Covid? The CIC website says 12 month but wanted to hear from real experience.
It is WRONG time and is showing an average time for a simple application. Otherwise times do change subject to locations, workload and each file. Many factors !!

Reactions: Phalos

Ymazkh

May 14, 2019
Good Day,

I am a Canadian citizen currently residing in USA. My husband is American citizen. I had applied for his Canadian PR but recently got my denial letter specifically stating that IMM0008 Generic Application Form for Canada- Principal Applicant not properly identified.

My question is, I have corrected the form, should I send everything back in order of checklist or do I have to re-do things like FBI report. There's nothing else stated in the denial letter.
Also, do I have to make the payment again of $1100+?
In regards to the finances, I have been on maternity leave so not earning however, my husband has been our earning member. I have attached our American income taxes with the bundle of documents. Is that sufficient or what else should I provide?

Thanks & Regards
--

D&S

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Category........
FAM
Good Day,

I am a Canadian citizen currently residing in USA. My husband is American citizen. I had applied for his Canadian PR but recently got my denial letter specifically stating that IMM0008 Generic Application Form for Canada- Principal Applicant not properly identified.

My question is, I have corrected the form, should I send everything back in order of checklist or do I have to re-do things like FBI report. There's nothing else stated in the denial letter.
Also, do I have to make the payment again of $1100+?
In regards to the finances, I have been on maternity leave so not earning however, my husband has been our earning member. I have attached our American income taxes with the bundle of documents. Is that sufficient or what else should I provide?

Thanks & Regards
--
My husband's application was returned because his birth certificate was not translated into English. Thankfully, the letter which 'detailed' the reason for return, noted specifically it was the birth certificate that was the route of return. We had his birth certificate translated and sent the package back as it was originally with the corrected document and a copy of the return correspondence from CIC placed right on top. No other changes were made. Nothing else added.

And no, we did not repay the application fee(s)!

deepu2595

Feb 3, 2017
Hi i am new to this forum i have a two questions for the experts here
1 I applied for my wife yesterday as a outland but the pcc is expiring in two months will there be a problem.
2 I am on vacation in india for 4 months going back on feb 18 is that ok
Thanks

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Does anyone know what’s going on when the application status changed from “received to In Process” on ecas?
It means that the VO has started reviewing your app, it's a good thing. When it said received it meant it had just arrived at the VO but hadn't started to be processed yet.

Stephie@31

Aug 26, 2019
It means that the VO has started reviewing your app, it's a good thing. When it said received it meant it had just arrived at the VO but hadn't started to be processed yet.
Thank you! Just wanted to know when I should expect to get the medical instructions from them.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hi i am new to this forum i have a two questions for the experts here
1 I applied for my wife yesterday as a outland but the pcc is expiring in two months will there be a problem.
2 I am on vacation in india for 4 months going back on feb 18 is that ok
Thanks
During vacation apply for another PCC other source may be, 1 is SSP office , other is PPT office. Advisable to apply after you return to Canada with full papers.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
XF file no. is Good for uploading documents only and is sure that file has reached on a table, still an X will be removed after file has been checked for completeness. Then AOR 1 letter comes in the given e-mail of the sponsor. At this time GCkeys or ecas will be OK.

Zahraa91

Dec 22, 2020
Thank u for ur reply..they sent me an email about the biometric fee and i paid the fee i only have temporary file number that starts with XF but still not able to link my application

• Haha
Reactions: singleman