+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

NikNikNik333

Dec 23, 2020
Hi
I have married on 26th Feb 2020 , and applied for PR through the Spousal Sponsorship category. I applied on June 26 2020, was hoping to hear from CIC on next steps... As the process got delayed I called in to CIC customer service and got to know that the Visa Application Package has been returned to my address on 12 Nov 2020 without unit number I have the immigration representative - I was expecting that they will receive any question pertaining my application, to my shock CIC have sent the application to me directly and to the address by not including the Unit 402. Have tried contacting the Canada Postal services and they told me that the package is not trackable as it is been sent in regular mail.
Can you please help on this please
Am very much frustrated with CIC

Dec 24, 2020
Hi everyone, I really need your help.
I came to Canada in May 2019 with a 2 years long Working Holiday Visa, during this time I have found my boyfriend (He's PR).
It's been more than a year now that we are living together in a common-law relationship, so we were thinking to apply for the family sponsorship program before my visa will expire.
He is a PR but he got the permanent status because he has been sponsored by his ex-girlfriend 4 years ago...
It seems like you can sponsor a partner only after 5 years that you've been sponsored.
Considering the processing time for the application that is more than 12 months (due to the covid it takes longer) is it possible for me to get the PR if I'm applying within the next few months (my visa will expire in May 2021)?
Or should I found another way to stay here?
I can't extend my visa because I can apply for it only once and at the moment I am unemployed, obviously I can't get a work permit without a job offer and I don't want to stay here 6 months with a travel visa because I want to work and help my boyfriend with the rent.
Any suggestion?
Thank you all!

Last edited:

Pashy24

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
All were accepted. Except I uploaded a few with postal addresses after getting XF00000 after you have XF file then if needed ask me how to?
Main diff while uploading you MUST click on "FILE BEING DEALT IN CANADA" OTHERWISE file goes to out of Canada
@singleman I got the XF number for my husband, should I upload the latest version of the forms I missed via webform? Any guidance is appreciated!

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
@singleman I got the XF number for my husband, should I upload the latest version of the forms I missed via webform? Any guidance is appreciated!
Not clear which forms u think u sent are older? I remember sending few with POSTAL CODES in those + PCC+PPT copies and yes I did right after XF file number. This is a benefit of having XF file no. Files will be linked and attached if they see XF no.

Amreen1

Oct 9, 2020
Hello family I have a question, does anyone knows if immigration offices are open in india and processing spousal applications? I linked my husband apllication with mine in Express enrty on August 2020 .Unfortunately did not hear anything back and yesterday I phoned my lawyer and he said in india offices are still closed and his background check would be done in india so only thi g I have to wait.Its weird to hear that its still close in india is it true? please let me know if anyone knows anything about it
Thankyou

Pashy24

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Not clear which forms u think u sent are older? I remember sending few with POSTAL CODES in those + PCC+PPT copies and yes I did right after XF file number. This is a benefit of having XF file no. Files will be linked and attached if they see XF no.
@singleman IMM5406 & IMM5476, these were updated towards the end of September but I missed the update and sent older versions in the initial application. It is possible that we may be well under the grace period but just to be safe, I thought of resending these since we have the XF number and UCI.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
@singleman IMM5406 & IMM5476, these were updated towards the end of September but I missed the update and sent older versions in the initial application. It is possible that we may be well under the grace period but just to be safe, I thought of resending these since we have the XF number and UCI.
Yes go ahead it is ok but send a LOE with it as to why you are resubmitting! If file is still in Canada chose in Canada from drop down menu on webform.. otherwise it will go to LVO of the applicant . It is so URGENT

Pashy24

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Yes go ahead it is ok but send a LOE with it as to why you are resubmitting! If file is still in Canada chose in Canada from drop down menu on webform.. otherwise it will go to LVO of the applicant . It is so URGENT
Thank you for your response. Should I simply mention we totally missed the updated forms or what should I mention as the reason for re-submission? any thoughts? @singleman

Last edited:

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Thank you for your response. Should I simply mention we totally missed the updated forms or what should I mention as the reason for re-submission? any thoughts? @singleman
I suggest you mention a reason for re-submitting in few lines and upload that .docx as well

Reactions: Pashy24