Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
thank you, I am just looking for that tweet from IRCC, I swear I saw it but cannot find it now . does any anyone else knew about it
It's fine, you won't need the tweet. You would not be eligible to sponsor only if you were permanently residing outside of Canada.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi I am PR who recently visited India and got married , and cannot return to canada due to covid 19, can I still apply for sousal PR and declare that I am resident of canada ? I heard from other forms that we can declare country of residence as canada due to covid 19 situation
In other cases here it has been noted that you should only apply when _in_ Canada, i.e. only when you return. I would suggest looking into this carefully before applying as it would be a large waste of time and potentially a long wait before you find out if there is a problem. (Keep in mind, how will Canada know you have returned?) I would suggest not risking it unless you are 100% certain.

Comments that say it's okay 'as long as you have maintained residence in Canada' to me are not sufficiently grounded. There is a definition for tax purposes of what being resident means; I'm not aware of any other hard-rule that IRCC would be obliged to follow; meaning, it is possible IRCC could decide you are not resident just because you are not in Canada. (Remember, a tourist visa to Canada is called a 'temporary resident visa' - even if the person only is in Canada for a day; clearly under one interpretation 'resident' can mean exceedingly short periods.)

When you say you 'cannot return to Canada', what do you mean? As a PR you can return to Canada at any time. There must be some issue at the other end.

You say you 'recently visited' India - does that mean you arrived in India before Covid started, March roughly, and have been there ever since? If so, I strongly doubt IRCC would consider that you are/were resident at the time you applied if you apply now.

Note, I'm admitting openly don't know for certain about these points. But I don't see evidence to support the claim that you can apply from abroad or rely on the twitter statement you saw but can't find. (Frankly not sure Tiwtter statements can be relied on either)

I'd be cautious to check before applying from abroad because, as noted risk of it being returned or rejected is real. Either way potential large loss of time.

drfedora

Oct 23, 2020
Hi. my wife is sponsoring me to become PR in Canada. I am currently in Canada. I have recently submitted the biometric at Service Canada. how long after biometric do they ask for medical exam? as you know, you cannot take medical exam upfront for sponsorship applications.

Rayraygreen

Sep 1, 2018
Hi guys. Looking for advise here. I am a holder of an Single applicant expired CoPR.
Initially I was all set to travel to Canada, come back get married and then apply for outland. But looking at all these stories of having to stay apart from my future hubby for 12+ months o_O really scared me and I don’t know how I will be able to do that. What do you guys suggest? Should I get married now and add him to my application? Atleast we will be together during the process. What are the timelines on this ? Please advise...

Last edited:

felicialiu

Oct 20, 2019
Hi guys. Looking for advise here. I am a holder of an Single applicant expired CoPR.
Initially I was all set to travel to Canada, come back get married and then apply for outland. But looking at all these stories of having to stay apart from my future hubby for 12+ months o_O really scared me and I don’t know how I will be able to do that. What do you guys suggest? Should I get married now and add him to my application? Atleast we will be together during the process. Please please advise... Need your help.
I would suggest u to get married and add him as ur dependent so both of u can enter Canada together and become pr. U should know adding him now might delay ur application process. I'm not 100% sure whether u can add him now after getting copr but try to ask in different forums and get more insight. All the best

av180791

Dec 29, 2015
Hello Friends
I submitted my Spouse application on 31 August 2020 for Outland Sponsorship. Anyone over here knows how long it will take to get me my Application number? I heard they gonna clear their Backlog and clear around 48000 files in coming months until December 2020. What month are they working on currently? Can I expect my AOR in next month or it will take time?

doctor_lahore

Jan 4, 2013
I have few questions to ask
Do we have to submit police certificates with application. Application from pakistan
ch

kindly send me the check list
thanks

commonlawing

Jun 26, 2018
So I received my notice of elligibility passed (AIP), my wife's sponsorship had a decision made according to ECAS (although we haven't received any mail about it), and my medical exam was last week and I received notice from the doctor's office that they submitted the information to CIC this morning.

When should I see the medical exam was passed in my CIC dashboard?

Does all of this indicate I am only weeks away from becoming a permanent resident?

Thank you for all the help I've received on here over the years!! Almost there!!

drfedora

Oct 23, 2020
So I received my notice of elligibility passed (AIP), my wife's sponsorship had a decision made according to ECAS (although we haven't received any mail about it), and my medical exam was last week and I received notice from the doctor's office that they submitted the information to CIC this morning.

Does all of this indicate I am only weeks away from becoming a permanent resident?

Thank you for all the help I've received on here over the years!! Almost there!!
Hi.

congratulations. I have a question. how long after submitting your biometrics did you receive the medical exam letter to go to the doctor?

Tbrown

Apr 27, 2017

Congratulations !!!! If you don't mind, when was your application submitted ? Thanks

omatthews

Star Member
Oct 18, 2020
Hi guys. Already submitted our application back in March, but still haven't heard anything and am seconding guessing everything in our packet. Which leads to my question..

My husband is a Canadian citizen (sponsor) and I am a US citizen (applicant). I provided a photocopy of my original birth certificate in our packet (it is already in English). After reviewing the website, I am second guessing myself and wondering if I should have gotten a certified true copy? However, it looks like you only need this if it is in another language?

TIA!

Saru93

Oct 29, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ndvo
App. Filed.......
December 2019
Hey everyone! I had a doubt and would appreciate it if anyone could help me out. Do the DM and PPR come from the same VO? I am an Indian citizen and my file is at NDVO but i am a resident of Kuwait, I dont live in India. So if and when i do receive my ppr, will it be from NDVO itself? If so, where do i submit my passport since i cant travel to India. Has anyone been or is in a similar situation?
Thank you