AOR Received.
15-01-2020
File Transfer...
09-03-2020
Med's Request
17-02-2020
Med's Done....
26-02-2020
Still no update yet. When I check ecas it says In process.
Likewise the status in my ecas is in process, But It is stated that they started processing our application and we received AOR2 as well. Whereas for my brother, He resigned from work here in UAE and went back home in Philippines, and we are assuming that his application will be transferred to Philippines since ita only biometrics that he has done here..

Abhinandhan7

Star Member
May 14, 2018
In IMM5532 Form for relationship evaluation, I made a typo. In the question regarding the visits between sponsor and spouse, I made a mistake. I visited my wife in India from Canada on Nov 9 2019. But by mistake, I entered November 8 2019. Similarly, second visit was on March 14th but I entered March 13th. I do have passport entry and exit stamps to prove that I visited India. However, is this a big issue? We both signed this form together when I was in India. Now, I am back to Canada and tired to just take a print of that one page which had this question with my revised dates. However, the paper print out material is different in Canada as compared to India and CIC officer will easily spot the difference. So, I am planning to just send the original singed form which has this error. I am not sure what to do. Is this a big mistake?
Hi Friends, could you help me with this question? Any clarification would really help me. Thank you!

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
In IMM5532 Form for relationship evaluation, I made a typo. In the question regarding the visits between sponsor and spouse, I made a mistake. I visited my wife in India from Canada on Nov 9 2019. But by mistake, I entered November 8 2019. Similarly, second visit was on March 14th but I entered March 13th. I do have passport entry and exit stamps to prove that I visited India. However, is this a big issue? We both signed this form together when I was in India. Now, I am back to Canada and tired to just take a print of that one page which had this question with my revised dates. However, the paper print out material is different in Canada as compared to India and CIC officer will easily spot the difference. So, I am planning to just send the original singed form which has this error. I am not sure what to do. Is this a big mistake?
No it's not a big mistake. Send it in with a Webform once you have AOR1 or a Temporary number. Rest easy

Reactions: armoured

Kunke Tee

Dec 22, 2019
Hello great people of this wonderful forum,

I really need you to help me clarify something. My wife is sponsoring me to come join her in join as she a pr holder in canada, she's pregnant and she currently lives with her sister in canada, could this be an issue for IRCC.

P.S she's also working.

Thanks in advance

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020

I really need you to help me clarify something. My wife is sponsoring me to come join her in join as she a pr holder in canada, she's pregnant and she currently lives with her sister in canada, could this be an issue for IRCC.

P.S she's also working.

Thanks in advance
Nope no problem

Reactions: Kunke Tee

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014

P.S she's also working.

Thanks in advance
She can sponsor you and there is no one who can stop her to do so and best wishes for the future. I hope the best for you.

DeanM90

Oct 14, 2020
Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help me out with this. My common-law spouse and I have created an express entry application and have been in the pool since March this year. She is listed as a secondary applicant and our combined points are currently 468

Due to the fact that she does not have a degree, If I had to apply on my own my CRS score would be 471.

Based on the recent draws, I believe it best to perhaps remove her from the application as a second applicant in order to stand a better chance of getting in.

My question is, am I correct in understanding that a common-law spouse can be included in an express entry application in two ways:

1) as the second applicant, whereby her profile will contribute points to our overall score (Max 40 points out of 1200 I believe?)
2) as a dependant, whereby our EE profile CRS score will be solely calculated on me alone (therefore boosting it to 471?)

Is this correct how I understand it?

Also, if this is correct and we want to go this route, is it possible to update an existing EE application to change my common-law spouse from the second applicant to dependant without withdrawing my current profile and creating a new one?

THanks so much,

Dean

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help me out with this. My common-law spouse and I have created an express entry application and have been in the pool since March this year. She is listed as a secondary applicant and our combined points are currently 468

Due to the fact that she does not have a degree, If I had to apply on my own my CRS score would be 471.

Based on the recent draws, I believe it best to perhaps remove her from the application as a second applicant in order to stand a better chance of getting in.

My question is, am I correct in understanding that a common-law spouse can be included in an express entry application in two ways:

1) as the second applicant, whereby her profile will contribute points to our overall score (Max 40 points out of 1200 I believe?)
2) as a dependant, whereby our EE profile CRS score will be solely calculated on me alone (therefore boosting it to 471?)

Is this correct how I understand it?

Also, if this is correct and we want to go this route, is it possible to update an existing EE application to change my common-law spouse from the second applicant to dependant without withdrawing my current profile and creating a new one?

THanks so much,

Dean
Best to ask in the Express Entry forum:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/express-entry-expression-of-interest.54/

Abhinandhan7

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Hi Friends, I am about to submit my documents tomorrow. I am a PR in Canada, sponsoring my wife in India. When reviewing it today, I suddenly have a doubt. In the checklist IMM5533, for supporting documents section, regarding regarding the question, "7a) Are you and your spouse currently living together?". we have selected no. We have given proof of contact (Whatsapp chats) & also proof of sponsor's visits. However, I see in the bottom of this question a check box, "I am unable to provide documents from a minimum of two of the above set of options. I am instead submitting a detailed written explanation of why these are not available. I am also providing any other evidence of cohabitation that I have". Does this apply only for those who selected and answered "Yes" for the question "7a) Are you and your spouse currently living together?". I am really confused as to whether I should provide a detail explanation even if I have selected "No". Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

MalekM

Jan 31, 2020
Good evening,

I apologize if this was answered already but does anyone know if I have received my COPR and decide to transit to a country like France before going to Canada, Will I be permitted to stop in France? I am coming from a visa required country and that's why I'm asking.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Good evening,

I apologize if this was answered already but does anyone know if I have received my COPR and decide to transit to a country like France before going to Canada, Will I be permitted to stop in France? I am coming from a visa required country and that's why I'm asking.
That would be up to the French.

Reactions: MalekM

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
You will have to check the requirements for France, whether you would require a visa to enter their country. You should also check for quarantine requirement there. It really has nothing to do with your landing in Canada. Personally I would avoid Europe all together if you are traveling soon. Over 42,000 cases reported in France yesterday.

Reactions: MalekM