+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

jamesbond111

Oct 24, 2017
Hello, I submitted my spousal sponsorship form in July and haven’t received AOR yet, which is fine. Now my wife’s (Principal Applicant’s) passport is due to expire soon so can she renew her passport during the process? How will I let IRCC know of new details? Please advice thanks!!!

2plus2into2

Jul 17, 2020
My spouse indian passport got updated and now she carry 2 passport. Do i need send the both passport scan copies when i submit the spouse pr application.
Old PP doesn't have any visa or stamps.

2plus2into2

Jul 17, 2020
Hello, I submitted my spousal sponsorship form in July and haven’t received AOR yet, which is fine. Now my wife’s (Principal Applicant’s) passport is due to expire soon so can she renew her passport during the process? How will I let IRCC know of new details? Please advice thanks!!!
Wait for AOR and send update in cic website for future acknowledgment.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hey guys i wana ask you something i sent my application on 20th march 2020 and because of covid it received on 3 april but i cannt get the confirmation because they stopped signed the docs, are they received or not but had seen the delivery report. I didnt get any information yet even not AOR . Can any one suggest anything
OK U must phone IRCC they will definitely give you a temp no. like this;- XF000?????

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
JULY ? come on , we the MAY guys are lucky if we get any AOR1s by NOV or may be by the end of this year. It is all screwed up due to Covid-19

Jagaban kiv

May 21, 2020
I got this message from Canada visa office Accra Ghana today please I don't understand the message....

Please be advised that your application is still in queue for review. No further action is required by you at this moment. You will be contacted once a decision is made.

Jagaban kiv

May 21, 2020
Did you try emailing the Accra Ghana VO office for status update who are “treating” your file?
Yes and this is the message I got from them..
Please be advised that your application is still in queue for review. No further action is required by you at this moment. You will be contacted once a decision is made.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I got this message from Canada visa office Accra Ghana today please I don't understand the message....

It means more or less exactly what it says. It's sitting in a queue of files to be looked at, we'll get to it when we get to it.

2plus2into2

Jul 17, 2020
imm5562 - SUPPLEMENTARY INFO YOUR TRAVELS
b) Your spouse or common-law partner
My spouse is PR and in canada, Do i need to include his travel history here?

Please help

muscletech

May 26, 2020
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
imm5562 - SUPPLEMENTARY INFO YOUR TRAVELS
b) Your spouse or common-law partner
My spouse is PR and in canada, Do i need to include his travel history here?

Please help
No. Assuming it is for family class sponsorship.

bianxsalazar

Oct 15, 2020
Hello, I will be applying for Spouse Living in Canada Family Class, my husband is a citizen. I am confused on whether we have to pay a separate fee for an Open Work Permit. I tried accessing the application form applying for an open work permit and it just goes on an error page.

Hope someone could help me.

Wisco85

Oct 15, 2020
Hello and thank you for this wealth of information! I want to know...maybe I am overthinking this, but if I am a dual US/CAD citizen, and my wife is a US citizen, and we both live in the USA, should we just do the combination of spousal sponsor/permanent resident applications, and be done with it? Anything complicated about that?

We both reside in the US right now and have our hearts set on relocating to Canada in April of 2021 or slightly after. Is there a best practice of making sure she can come with me at that time (April timeframe), such as a temporary visa to get her, etc? She won't have an employer to get a work visa from. I will have a solid job already lined up, however. Or should we locate to Canada BEFORE our April timeframe, and get her to apply for some sort of temp visa from within Canada, even?

Thank you so much!

Last edited:

12singaa

Jan 1, 2020
I'm going to my home country to get married in January and plan to spend 3 months there, Can I apply for my wife's PR while I'm there or do I have to come back and apply?

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
I'm going to my home country to get married in January and plan to spend 3 months there, Can I apply for my wife's PR while I'm there or do I have to come back and apply?
You can apply from there if you are a Canadian citizen. Need to show that you will come back to Canada