+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

slough

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hit reply to quickly and can't figure out how to edit. One quick question - you are able to ask for a 1 year visitor visa when you enter Canada as a US citizen? I am inferring that from you mentioning wishing you had asked for that. Also, has she had to leave the country while waiting for the visitor extension/the PR to come through?
Thanks!

And good
Yes, the border agents can provide a visitor record for a longer period than 6 months at their discretion (and actually can provide less than 6 months at their discretion as well).

No, she hasn't had to leave. When the extension is applied for prior to status expiring then you are on "implied status" until a decision is made and can remain in Canada legally.

Last edited:

sameera11

Jul 29, 2017
Hi members just have a question regarding Marriage Certificate do we have to send original with application package
OR just photocopy
OR Notarized true copy from notary Public In Canada.
What you guys sent with application
Please share for inland thanks

guruji010101

Sep 10, 2020
Hi,
Right now I am preparing for sending application to Sydney, NS for outland application for my spouse PR application. I am PR living in Canada and she is in India.

My questions are following:
#What is the right time to create online account for the spouse visa application?
#does any of the forms requires any application number we are filling right now beside sponsor UCI id that I have?
#How the authority at the immigration department will know this package belongs to this application?

Little bit confused

Please answer in order to understand the replies better. Thanks in advance.

Rani1820

Sep 19, 2020
Hi All,

My Outland sponsorship application got returned which was sent in June 2020 as we forgot one signature. Now my spouse is in Canada and still we would like to go for Outland because he has to travel back to home country. I’m confused with few questions..

Questions

IMM 1344 - sponsorship application - question 6 - The principal applicant is your?? Spouse living in Canada or Spouse living outside Canada

IMM5532 - sponsorship evaluation form : under employment - Do we mention present for end date or just enter the month for ongoing employment ?
Question 3 - Are you living together ? What should I mention. Currently we are as he came for our daughter’s birth

IMM0008 - Generic application for principal applicant:
Question 10. Current country of residence ? Canada or home country
Question 2 : Residential Address - what should be the resident address

Additional family information form :
Present address of principal applicant ? Canada or home country as currently in Canada but will leave in one month

Background/ declaration form :
Question 10 - what would be his ongoing address. Current address in Canada or back home address

Checklist:
Question 7a. Are you and your sponsor currently living together?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Sam.nanreh

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Hi members just have a question regarding Marriage Certificate do we have to send original with application package
OR just photocopy
OR Notarized true copy from notary Public In Canada.
What you guys sent with application
Please share for inland thanks
It will say in your checklist which documents have to be originals, and which can just be photocopies (It varies by country, which is why I can't give you an exact answer).

iazuelos

Jan 29, 2020
Hi,
Can outland applicants submit the biometrics within Canada? If so, will we be "called" as it is mentioned on the website for in-canada applicants?

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
I have no idea how to help this person, but here is his dilemma....

He is from India and married a Canadian girl. He was here on a study/work permit while attending univ., but unfortunately he has let his permit lapse and his passport has expired too (both almost a year ago!).

How do I even begin to help this person become legal to stay in Canada with his spouse? Should he renew passport first then go for PR? Help!

Ch@mp

Jul 29, 2020
Hello Friends, Recently my spouse came accross a situation regarding travelling to canada as an immediate family member as she was having visitor visa for canada. We changed her name on the passport according to the name on marriage certificate and the name on visa was her name before marriage but it was mentioned on the passport that the visa still remains valid. However, she faced issues at the airport for her boarding pass as air india told her that they cannot generate her boarding pass due to her name change in passport and travel visa even though she had all the documents as proof (Marriage certificate, PR card(spouse), birth certificate, IRCC temporary reference file number)
Can somebody provide an explanation to this and what should i do now as the processing times for her outland application (June) is very long.
Thanks, much apprecited

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have no idea how to help this person, but here is his dilemma....

He is from India and married a Canadian girl. He was here on a study/work permit while attending univ., but unfortunately he has let his permit lapse and his passport has expired too (both almost a year ago!).

How do I even begin to help this person become legal to stay in Canada with his spouse? Should he renew passport first then go for PR? Help!
He can't do much without getting a passport. May be difficult to do in Canada, but that's the first hurdle.

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
How do you check that?

• Or ECAS (Electronic Client Application Status): https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=ecas&lang=en
    • ECAS updates are fewer and more general than what is transmitted via CG Key
    • My tip is to log in as the Sponsor to ECAS; this way you can see both Sponsor and PA application statuses. If logging in as the PA, you'll only see the PA status.