+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Jyotika_kumar

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hello there. Can someone please guide me . Before i ask a question,i will share my timeline.
App rec: 15/10/2019
Police clearance: 15/01/2020
Biometrics: 17/01/2020
AOR2: 10/02/2020
Additional doc: 10/02/2020

On 2nd april,i got an email stating that app under initial review and i am in queue for an interview. On 20th sept, i got medical requests. Application has 22days left to mark one year. Whats happening.. please help

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I dont think its accurate for all cases. My husband had biomatrics done for his Canada visitor visa and it was valid until 2029 but we had received biomatrics collection letter still and had to get it done again. So you might want to confirm with them rather than guessing that they will waive it.
I think you have perhaps not understood - this is a new official government policy announced yesterday. It was official policy before that all permanent residency applicants had to give new biometrics even if they already had valid ones in the system.

So yes, we also had previously valid ones and still had to do anew. But the change means precisely what it says, and applies to all cases (going forward), until changed again.

Reactions: DiiDii

Neha255

May 22, 2018
I think you have perhaps not understood - this is a new official government policy announced yesterday. It was official policy before that all permanent residency applicants had to give new biometrics even if they already had valid ones in the system.

So yes, we also had previously valid ones and still had to do anew. But the change means precisely what it says, and applies to all cases (going forward), until changed again.
Great news!

Reactions: armoured

maxayma

May 11, 2020
I dont think its accurate for all cases. My husband had biomatrics done for his Canada visitor visa and it was valid until 2029 but we had received biomatrics collection letter still and had to get it done again. So you might want to confirm with them rather than guessing that they will waive it.
It became operational September 22 2020 as per the news release

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/general-measures/biometric-exemption-permanent-residence.html

Nneoma.muna

Dec 13, 2018
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Nomination.....
Sk
AOR Received.
06-04-2019
Med's Request
10-09-2019
Med's Done....
26-10-2019
Passport Req..
26-04-2021
LANDED..........
30-04-2021
the exemption was made on the 22nd of this month.

akreviews

Jun 21, 2017
Hi Guys.

My Status: I'm a Canadian PR since July 2018 but made my permanent move Aug, 2020, and currently living in GTA (Ontario). I got married in 2019 and now my wife is in India. I wish to Sponsor my wife under Spousal Sponsorship.

Question: While I'm still collecting documents for submitting Spousal Sponsorship, can I apply for Visitor visa for my wife in the interim? What are the changes of the application getting approved. Additional info: My wife is currently working and has more than 6 years of experience in Digital Marketing field.

I'll really appreciate if any of you have tried this approach, or not tried, and can share their experience.

Thanks!

mansiparikh

Sep 24, 2020
Hello Members,
Anyone help me..

My spousal file received to CIC on 22nd january 2020. after that file open on 18 th august and its return back due to one mistake in generic form.we submitted again file to CIC.

So anyone have idea that my file continue with old date or continue with the latest date?

Thanks in advance..

Last edited:

Nneoma.muna

Dec 13, 2018
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Nomination.....
Sk
AOR Received.
06-04-2019
Med's Request
10-09-2019
Med's Done....
26-10-2019
Passport Req..
26-04-2021
LANDED..........
30-04-2021
Hello Members,
Anyone help me..

My spousal file received to CPC on 22nd january 2020. after that file open on 18 th august and its return back due to one mistake in generic form.we submitted again file to CPC.

So anyone have idea that my file continue with old date or continue with the latest date?

Thanks in advance..
change all the dates and submit with correction

Reactions: mansiparikh

Jyotika_kumar

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hello Members,
Anyone help me..

My spousal file received to CIC on 22nd january 2020. after that file open on 18 th august and its return back due to one mistake in generic form.we submitted again file to CIC.

Thanks in advance..
I had a similar issue. Application was returned because of outdated form. And after sending, file continues with new date. Not old

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
It will be a new file unfortunately. What was the mistake made?
Fully agree , a new file behind the line up . But it should not be that way! They could have asked that form to be uploaded with corrections

Reactions: rrss13

Abhinandhan7

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Hi Friends, I have a couple questions regarding spousal sponsorship forms. I am a Canada PR sponsoring my wife. We got married recently this year and I am currently living in India since March this year and will be returning to Canada on October and send PR files to Nova scotia.

1. IMM0008 Form: There is a section for 'Dependents' in this form which the principal applicant has to fill. Am I a dependent here? Since I am sponsor, I do not think we have to enter my information here. But, they have mentioned "You must provide following details on each of your family members, whether they will be accompanying you to Canada or not. You must include your spouse or common law partner, if applicable, and all of your dependent children, and those of your spouse and or common-law-partner, who are not already permanent residents or citizens of Canada." I am really confused about this.

2. IMM5406 (Family information form): Here we are supposed to enter marital status. There are two options "Married - physically present" and "Married -not physically present". What should we select here? At this moment, we are together in India but this is temporary since I will be returning to Canada next month and wife will be in India till her PR gets approved. She has to sign the documents this week and so am really confused whether we should select "Married - physically present" since when the form is signed, we are together. What should I put my address as? Indian address where I am staying now temporarily or Canadian address where I will be staying in October?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.