SHPAH

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Is it normal that i got aor august 16,
they started processing application august 15
biometrics request august 17
biometrics recieved august 19th

and i still did get medical request?
is the not getting medical request yet normal?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Is it normal that i got aor august 16,
they started processing application august 15
biometrics request august 17
biometrics recieved august 19th

and i still did get medical request?
is the not getting medical request yet normal?
This year? Which country is applicant in?

Short answer, practice seems to vary by country somewhat, and very important, in some countries the medical offices that do the clearance are not working. So what is normal is also changing.

SHPAH

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
This year? Which country is applicant in?

Short answer, practice seems to vary by country somewhat, and very important, in some countries the medical offices that do the clearance are not working. So what is normal is also changing.
Yes march 2nd 2020 they received my app

however here in kuwait i have checked and medical office for kuwait is opened and even i called just to get pricing and they told me they could book us in next day if we have the letter. so im not sure its because of the country regulations here or due to corona.... usually outland applications medical is done beginning and inland its near the end. this is why im confused to why i havent got it yet.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Friends, I have a family emergency and am required to visit my family. I have gone through some threads on this forum but I am seriously in need of many opinions.

Is it ok to visit my family for few months. Really not sure how many months. My mother is ill and want to be with her.

What is the best thing I should do so as to not affect my spousal sponsorship process ? Do I need to inform IRCC about this ? or is it ok not to ?. Please help.

Info on my timeline -
Received AOR1 and sponsorship approval in Dec 2019.
CSQ approved in July 2020. (Because im a quebec resident).
My GCMS notes state that the Sponsor eligibility is complete and passed. However, PA eligibility, security etc not started.
If you applied inland, leaving for several months may result in your application being cancelled. Applying inland requires you to be living in Canada and exceptions to this rule are not granted. There's really nothing you can do about this. You can try leaving for a few months and hope the application doesn't get cancelled. If the application is cancelled, you'll need to reapply from the start.

If you applied outland, no issues.

Reactions: SKRPrince09

SKRPrince09

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
If you applied inland, leaving for several months may result in your application being cancelled. Applying inland requires you to be living in Canada and exceptions to this rule are not granted. There's really nothing you can do about this. You can try leaving for a few months and hope the application doesn't get cancelled. If the application is cancelled, you'll need to reapply from the start.

If you applied outland, no issues.
Thank you so much. I have applied outland.

Do you suggest I raise a web form and provide medical certificates with a hope to get some sort of authorization from IRCC for my situation ? or is it best not to disclose IRCC about my travel. (I know being transparent and honest is the best thing to do. Just thinking, at times like this it may not be the right thing to do)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

Do you suggest I raise a web form and provide medical certificates with a hope to get some sort of authorization from IRCC for my situation ? or is it best not to disclose IRCC about my travel. (I know being transparent and honest is the best thing to do. Just thinking, at times like this it may not be the right thing to do)
Apologies if I've missed - are you the sponsor or the applicant?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

No - I don't suggest that. IRCC doesn't issue authorizations and there are no exceptions granted. You'll just have to travel and hope your application isn't cancelled.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Are you the sponsor or the applicant? Are you a PR?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Im the sponsor and applicant is outside Canada.
If you are a PR, then you cannot be leaving Canada for several months. If you do this, you won't meet the requriements to sponsor your spouse. You can leave for a few weeks without jeopardizing your application. If you leave for several months, there's a good chance the application will be cancelled. IRCC won't grant an exception or give you authorization to leave.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Im the sponsor and applicant is outside Canada.
Then if I'm not mistaken one or two comments above may have misunderstood on basis that understood you were the applicant and not the sponsor.

As PR-sponsor you are expected to reside in Canada. Short visits abroad have generally been considered normal. I think it's fair to say that "visits" abroad have generally (historically) been interpreted to mean less than one month abroad, continuous, the shorter the better, 2-3 weeks perhaps 'normal'. This is from reports here.

If IRCC decides you are not residing in Canada, they can cancel the app, on basis you are not resident.

There have been conflicting reports/comments here - e.g. from call centre employees, social media "comments" - that it's "okay" to travel abroad for longer. These second-hand reports are not consistent and do not provide specific criteria.

Those statements from a call centre employee cannot be relied upon. They are not a written permission, and there is no way to get a written permission.

As far as I'm aware, there is no published guideline that says longer is okay, or what recourse might be, or circumstances (covid-related or otherwise) that might serve to "exempt" a PR-sponsor who leaves for longer periods.

So unfortunately - again, as far as I can tell - there is no way to give solid advice.

As far as notifying IRCC - again, no solid way to say. It might cause them to look at your file. It may give them enough info to (compassionately) decide to ignore the issue.

One warning: do not assume that because you have not notified them, that they cannot find out if they wish to, or that they will not receive this info automatically (I don't think anyone knows). Assume they have access to border crossing info, whether by plane or otherwise.

Note: I've summarised what seems to be experiences from others here, and publicly-available info about the rules for PR-sponsors. I've purposefully avoided giving recommendations.

Because as far as I can tell no-one knows (I'm open to corrections), and believe no-one can give you solid answers or advice on the main parts of your question.

Unfortunately that means it's up to you to decide and take the risk. Personally I don't think it's even possible to even guess how big the risk is.

Probably the only relatively clear and positive thing that can be said is that if your current application should be cancelled for this reason, it should not negatively affect re-applying to sponsor your spouse (when your the PR are resident in Canada). Obviously this would still mean more delays.

Last edited:

Mpup87

Jan 7, 2017
I sent application in late august and I didn’t paid biometrics fee in mistake that already had biometrics done while applying for TRV but i came to kno that i need to again get biometrics done while applying for PR. How can i fix this mistake

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I sent application in late august and I didn’t paid biometrics fee in mistake that already had biometrics done while applying for TRV but i came to kno that i need to again get biometrics done while applying for PR. How can i fix this mistake
They usually seem to send a letter requesting you pay biometrics, and then will do the biometrics request letter afterwards.

In other words- based on recent history - it will be a modest additional delay but not derail the process.

Neymar

Jun 5, 2017
Hi

l have submittedan inland spouse applicationand it’s been 3 years counting and my application for my wife is still hold in Edmonton office since last year September. we have submitted all required documentation and my wife have two children now and l want to buy a house for my family but lm still waiting on the officers to grant my wife her PR status. What should l do so this application can be completed?