+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
1. Until when can we expect some progress
2. Can he apply a visitor visa for me the sponsorship is still going on
3. If yes, what are the chances of me getting a visitor visa while the sponsorship is in process
1. Very uncertain and no-one knows, they seem to be now into applications received in March.
2. You have to apply, but yes.
3. Not good, but worth trying.

bian07

May 19, 2017
Yep yep, that's exactly what they did! They skipping files....I mentioned it last night too.
It makes sense only if they are cherry picking a few apps from each month since March to make it look like files are being processed and a backlog is not an issue, cause hey June applications are processed right on schedule! (not).... otherwise it is completely unfair that June applicants should be getting Medicals before March applicants.
My question has already been cleared up, they had applied in 2019, so...

adusafoa01

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Please I need help about the check list can someone give me the link to the most current or updated form of the checklist, please I want to ask if all family members mentioned on imm5669 thus the schedule A need to fill their own form write their names, sign and validate even if they are not Canadian citizens and also not going with principal applicant, my application has been ret8to me base on that.
Thank you.

bcakes

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
Please I need help about the check list can someone give me the link to the most current or updated form of the checklist, please I want to ask if all family members mentioned on imm5669 thus the schedule A need to fill their own form write their names, sign and validate even if they are not Canadian citizens and also not going with principal applicant, my application has been ret8to me base on that.
Thank you.
The instruction's definition of family member only includes spouse and dependents-- not parents, sisters, etc. So the PA needs to accomplish this form and if PA has dependent, whether they are accompanying PA or not. Please read the complete guide:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html

Reactions: LongBill

Nneoma.muna

Dec 13, 2018
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Nomination.....
Sk
AOR Received.
06-04-2019
Med's Request
10-09-2019
Med's Done....
26-10-2019
Passport Req..
26-04-2021
LANDED..........
30-04-2021
Hello all,
Presently my common-law wife and I are living in Newfoundland, I am a Canadian by birth, she is American. At the moment she is going through the Provincial Nominee (Paper Based) application process. The estimated completion is August 2021, so a ways out. My question to you all is, have any of you ever had two PR applications in the system at the same time? Is this even possible under IRCC guidelines?

If not a problem I would like to sponsor her as soon as possible. We rather not pull the near guarantee of the PNP process though. So dual processes is key here. Also once sponsored what is the timeframes for open work permits? A large reason for this change is a closed work permit and hostile work environment under the PNP Paper process.
You can sponsor her while her pnp application is ungoing. You can have 2 applications as long as they are different stream. Pnp and spousal sponsorship are two different streams so you are good.

adusafoa01

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
The instruction's definition of family member only includes spouse and dependents-- not parents, sisters, etc. So the PA needs to accomplish this form and if PA has dependent, whether they are accompanying PA or not. Please read the complete guide:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html
Thanks for ur response but I think there is a portion where you have to provide an information about the principal's family family members.

bcakes

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
Yes, that is a different form, not IMM 5669. Form IMM 5406 Additional Family Information, must be completed by principal applicant, spouse if applicable, and dependent/s.
Thanks for ur response but I think there is a portion where you have to provide an information about the principal's family family members.

Reactions: LongBill

adusafoa01

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Yes, that is a different form, not IMM 5669. Form IMM 5406 Additional Family Information, must be completed by principal applicant, spouse if applicable, and dependent/s.
But why would they take
10months just to request for this, and I filled out that document but I thought they don't need to sign. Thank you very much dear.

adusafoa01

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Thank you

bcakes

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
But why would they take
10months just to request for this, and I filled out that document but I thought they don't need to sign. Thank you very much dear.
I assumed you are the sponsor? You dont need to fill it out, only the principal applicant and if there are any dependent/s, then they have to sign their own copy of this form, IMM 5406 Additional Family Information.

Dinu_J

Star Member
May 30, 2017
Hi guys. I need your help here. We have made a mistake in family information form for my husband’s spousal sponsorship document package. Filled the spousal details as “married-not physically present” when it should have been “married-physically present”.
We have submitted the marriage certificate signed by both of us and the pictures showing that both of us were present during the ceremony. I’m panicking a little bit now. Anyone knows a way to resubmit the corrected form? We haven’t received an AOR yet

SKRPrince09

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
Hi guys. I need your help here. We have made a mistake in family information form for my husband’s spousal sponsorship document package. Filled the spousal details as “married-not physically present” when it should have been “married-physically present”.
We have submitted the marriage certificate signed by both of us and the pictures showing that both of us were present during the ceremony. I’m panicking a little bit now. Anyone knows a way to resubmit the corrected form? We haven’t received an AOR yet
I think you can raise a web form and mention the correction.. I have seen others do such corrections through web forms. But am not sure if it works for this situation.

Harmanharbhajan

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Hi, I am PR In Canada and my husband is on work permit. I want to apply for his PR. Is it mandatory to have my name on his passport? Or it’s ok without my name?