+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Ahmed yar

Apr 17, 2020
Hi everyone,
I submit my spousal case in April 2020, my wife is living in Canada and I m from Pakistan but I m working in Saudi Arabia. I m new here, can someone please tell me the total procedure, and the time line approximately.
Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone,
I submit my spousal case in April 2020, my wife is living in Canada and I m from Pakistan but I m working in Saudi Arabia. I m new here, can someone please tell me the total procedure, and the time line approximately.
Thanks
No one can give timelines due to the pandemic delays.

oondun

Dec 7, 2019
Would application for visitor's visa interfere with spousal application and make thing complication?
We are in the process of family class sponsorship. Is there a general rule like visitor visa applications are rejected automatically if your application is still being processed under family class sponsorship? Thank you!

NaineshPatel

Apr 15, 2020
Would application for visitor's visa interfere with spousal application and make thing complication?
We are in the process of family class sponsorship. Is there a general rule like visitor visa applications are rejected automatically if your application is still being processed under family class sponsorship? Thank you!
They will not automatically reject your application for Visitor visa because they have not mentioned that you can not apply.

You have to convince IO that you will leave Canada after your visit.

Rejection rate for Visitor Visa with Sponsorship Application is high

Reactions: oondun

kittyhawk

Feb 27, 2020

should not. i have ongoing PR spousal application and applied for tourist Visa and was approved visited Canada last August.

Reactions: oondun

Minian

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Hi guys!

I wonder if anyone has ever had a PR with an expired medical exam?

Or do they ALWAYS ask for another one?

My husband's medical expired in September 2019. We received AIP in December with a medical form for his Son but not for my husband. (It was his son's first medical form). I don't see anywhere in our notes that they've given an "extension" ...

(qc inland application march 2018 )

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hi guys!

My husband's medical expired in September 2019. We received AIP in December with a medical form for his Son but not for my husband. (It was his son's first medical form). I don't see anywhere in our notes that they've given an "extension" ...

they don't always ask for medical exam if it is expired before approval, especially under current situation. But they normally do. So it is a case by case thing. If IRCC thinks it needs it, it will tell you.

Reactions: Minian

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi guys!

As your husband is in Canada, it would be unusual for IRCC to request a new medical instead of just extending the previous one. You will just have to wait and see.

Reactions: Minian