Spousal sponsorship

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have a query regarding signatures for forms that require signature for both the applicant as well as for the sponsor.
The applicant is in home-country. So when the applicant signs the forms , what date should an applicant type for the sponsor's signature ? As in the PDF , one should chose the signature date separately for each person. Sponsor would be receiving the printed forms to Canada, after one week or so. So the applicant should type the estimated future date ( in front of the sponsor's signature ), print them and then send them to the sponsor in Canada ? OR leave the Sponsor’s signatures date blank and once the forms are received by the sponsor, then the sponsor write the dates by hand ? Please advice..
Leave the date blank and let the sponsor fill it out when they actually sign. You don't know what date the sponsor will be signing.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello friends, I have a question regarding applying for CERB program due to Covid 19 outbreak.I have applied for spouse sponsorship recently and i really need to know if it is possible to receive this help while applying for spouse ?
Yes.

Reactions: shz86

Bushra1990

Mar 28, 2020
You don't need a job. You do need to show how you will support yourselves in Canada without welfare.
How do I show that, o am currently living with my parents and even when my husband comes we will still be staying with them initially till we both find jobs and move out, they will be supporting us till then and we have savings as well

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
How do I show that, o am currently living with my parents and even when my husband comes we will still be staying with them initially till we both find jobs and move out, they will be supporting us till then and we have savings as well
If your parents are supporting you and you have savings, that's what you show.

Ahmad1001

Star Member
Dec 8, 2019
Hello everyone,

Sharing my timeline with you all kindly help me what should i do?
myself living in Afghanistan
Wife living in canada
Its been more than 2 years since we started our case.... still no update its going really hard on us....
received application April 12, 2018.
started processing June 26, 2018.medical instructions on May 28, 2018.Medical results have been received.We sent you correspondence on May 9, 2019.We sent you a letter on July 16, 2019.We sent you a letter on October 21,2019
Got pre arrival service mail November
We sent you medical instructions on January 31, 2020.Medical passed
I dont know what to do now.... ARE THEY STILL WORKING OR IT ALL STOPPED DUE TO COVID 19

DirtyMelodies

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
I dont know what to do now.... ARE THEY STILL WORKING OR IT ALL STOPPED DUE TO COVID 19
Hi Ahmad, according to IRCC's website, they're still processing applications despite COVID-19. I would think they might just be slower than usual (if that's even possible! haha). The call center is closed, but the immigration agents are most likely working from home.

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
Hi Ahmad, according to IRCC's website, they're still processing applications despite COVID-19. I would think they might just be slower than usual (if that's even possible! haha). The call center is closed, but the immigration agents are most likely working from home.
It's impossible. They cannot work from home. They may remain less staffs in the office, and process is slowing down to be sure.

Ellaridge

Feb 15, 2020
Hi, I’m on a 2 year IEC visa that runs out in June. My common law partner is planning on sponsoring me for pr, we are going to send off the inland application as soon as possible with a work visa application. My partner has been laid off work due to Covid and has applied for the federal emergency fund. Can he still sponser me as he has now received social assistance for the next 4 weeks, can he ever sponsor me even after 4 weeks if he goes back to work? If I have to take time off work am I eligble to apply for the federal emergency fund on a work visa and would it effect my PR application?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Ella

unknowntoknown

Star Member
Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I’m on a 2 year IEC visa that runs out in June. My common law partner is planning on sponsoring me for pr, we are going to send off the inland application as soon as possible with a work visa application. My partner has been laid off work due to Covid and has applied for the federal emergency fund. Can he still sponser me as he has now received social assistance for the next 4 weeks, can he ever sponsor me even after 4 weeks if he goes back to work? If I have to take time off work am I eligble to apply for the federal emergency fund on a work visa and would it effect my PR application?
Ella
Yes, he can sponsor you once he's out of social assistance and has a proper job proving he can support you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Ella
CERB is not welfare. He can sponsor you.

You need to check the requirements to see what you are eligible for. Claiming the benefit would have no effect on your app.

Ellaridge

Feb 15, 2020
Yes, he can sponsor you once he's out of social assistance and has a proper job proving he can support you.
Thank you for your reply. Do you know if I am eligible to receive the covid money if I become ill and have to take time off work or will this just look bad on my part?