+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
It's impossible. They cannot work from home. They may remain less staffs in the office, and process is slowing down to be sure.
Do you have a source that has provided that information? I have a relative who works for the Federal Gov't who has been working remotely from home for the last few weeks. They have the ability to log into their department servers from home. I am not saying IRCC employees are working from home but I think the ability to do it is there if that is the mandate of IRCC. Everybody in the public and private sector are highly advised to work from home if possible.

Hopefully they are working from home!!

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Do you have a source that has provided that information? I have a relative who works for the Federal Gov't who has been working remotely from home for the last few weeks. They have the ability to log into their department servers from home. I am not saying IRCC employees are working from home but I think the ability to do it is there if that is the mandate of IRCC. Everybody in the public and private sector are highly advised to work from home if possible.

Each department is different . I have a friend as well working from home , and he’s with the Feds . As said , each department is different. If it’s paper applications, they would NOT be taking those home with them. As well some departments have put limitations; you must be alone , must be in a separate room, internet speeds must be a minimum upload/download, no access to protected information at home

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I think anyone that works with a computer can work from home, so to say it's impossible is nonsense. I've been working from home for over 3 weeks now. Not a government worker, but I know quite a lot are doing the same thing. The only thing that could get held up is background checks in my opinion from other countries (only my opinion and I hope they don't). The rest the officer could do on a computer (unless it's all paper has hasn't been entered into the system, but I would hope it would have been). May be in their pajamas, but it should be feasible nonetheless.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I think anyone that works with a computer can work from home, so to say it's impossible is nonsense. I've been working from home for over 3 weeks now. Not a government worker, but I know quite a lot are doing the same thing. The only thing that could get held up is background checks in my opinion from other countries (only my opinion and I hope they don't). The rest the officer could do on a computer (unless it's all paper has hasn't been entered into the system, but I would hope it would have been). May be in their pajamas, but it should be feasible nonetheless.
Of course , those of us that know the limitations are wrong . God speed
Btw,it’s pyjamas

Reactions: armoured

Rushie38

Star Member
Apr 3, 2020
What exactly is required during background check? It's been 2 months since i submitted my medicals...i guess my application is in that phase only. Gosh this is so frustrating.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
What exactly is required during background check? It's been 2 months since i submitted my medicals...i guess my application is in that phase only. Gosh this is so frustrating.
I think (may be wrong), it relies on other countries cooperation, eg UK with me. Maybe somebody can verify this.

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020

It depends on different job. If they work on your papers, definitely they cannot WFH.:) Just my thought, you don't have to believe it.

Asyakul

Apr 7, 2020
Ukraine
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
06-02-2020
Med's Request
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
03-03-2020
Hi guys!
Whose application were transferred to London, UK? How long did you wait for AOR2?
Thanks!

Fdroid

May 29, 2019
1. Is it a good idea to apply to sponsor a spouse while being unemployed temporarily and on CERB due to COVID-19?
2. Could it affect the sponsorship application in any way?

Thanks for the help!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
1. Is it a good idea to apply to sponsor a spouse while being unemployed temporarily and on CERB due to COVID-19?
2. Could it affect the sponsorship application in any way?

Thanks for the help!
You can sponsor your spouse while unemployed and on CERB. You need to show how you will support yourselves in Canada without welfare.

Fdroid

May 29, 2019
You can sponsor your spouse while unemployed and on CERB. You need to show how you will support yourselves in Canada without welfare.
To support myself (and my spouse after she's here),
- I am planning to get back on the job as soon this whole COVID situation is over
- I have around $7K in savings here in Canada
- Also, we have a joint account with around $28K CAD but the funds are overseas and can be transferred to Canada if and when needed

Do you think all of the above is enough proof that I can support myself and my wife or do I need to show more?

Thanks again

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
To support myself (and my spouse after she's here),
- I am planning to get back on the job as soon this whole COVID situation is over
- I have around $7K in savings here in Canada
- Also, we have a joint account with around $28K CAD but the funds are overseas and can be transferred to Canada if and when needed

Do you think all of the above is enough proof that I can support myself and my wife or do I need to show more?

Thanks again
Should be fine.

Fdroid

May 29, 2019
Should be fine.
I was going through the IRCC Operational instructions and guidelines for Family Class and found this
here's the link >> Applications under family classes: Assessing the sponsor
As a rule, financial resources must originate from Canadian sources. An officer can, however, consider income received from foreign sources if it was declared by the sponsor to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and appears on their Notice of Assessment (NOA). It is important to note that income abroad may not be a reliable indicator of future or stable employment in Canada. IRCC staff cannot easily verify if foreign income can be transferred to Canada and converting foreign income into Canadian dollars can be resource-intensive. In cases of default, collection and litigation, it is easier to recover income from Canadian sources.
Do I need to get the funds transferred from overseas (I would prefer not to though) to be able to use them as a means of support?