+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Zikky

Jun 24, 2019
What else did they check on the airport? Are they checking temperatures? is it vigilant?
Oh not at all I was surprised too, I was only asked to isolate for for 14 days and they asked the regular if u got any symptoms questions.both at Germany and Toronto, temperature Weren’t checked.

• Wow
Reactions: Belarusian

unknowntoknown

Star Member
Jul 29, 2019
Oh not at all I was surprised too, I was only asked to isolate for for 14 days and they asked the regular if u got any symptoms questions.both at Germany and Toronto, temperature Weren’t checked.
I'll be carrying my husband's PR card copy and our marriage certificate. Is there anything else i should carry?

Zikky

Jun 24, 2019
I'll be carrying my husband's PR card copy and our marriage certificate. Is there anything else i should carry?
U should be fine but If he has a drivers license u can Make a copy of that too, more Id proof, it’s good to have more than enough in this kind of situation.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello all, Looking for confirmation on my situation. We are outland application, I am Canadian citizen living with my spouse and son in the Philippines. Both of them have TRV's, we were planning to move to Canada mid April and use dual intent since no PR's yet. With everything happening in the world we are trying to get there ASAP. Please confirm they are included in the exemption. Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello all, Looking for confirmation on my situation. We are outland application, I am Canadian citizen living with my spouse and son in the Philippines. Both of them have TRV's, we were planning to move to Canada mid April and use dual intent since no PR's yet. With everything happening in the world we are trying to get there ASAP. Please confirm they are included in the exemption. Thanks
They are.

caname91

Mar 20, 2020
@canuck_in_uk
I need advice please.....I sponsored my spouse who has landed 1 year ago, my spouse worked but has stopped working and wants to apply for employment insurance (EI).....I remember as the sponsor I signed IRCC sponsor agreement to support my spouse after landing will not get or ask for government financial assistance or social assistance during the 3 years after landing as PR....and I don't want my spouse to apply for EI as this will breach my sponsor agreement and don't want any IRCC problems as the sponsor.....but my spouse disagrees and wants to apply for EI......please advice will IRCC consider EI as government financial or social assistance as my spouse just landed and the 3 years has not elapsed......and will spouse receiving EI create any problems

Reactions: aashu241

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
@canuck_in_uk
I need advice please.....I sponsored my spouse who has landed 1 year ago, my spouse worked but has stopped working and wants to apply for employment insurance (EI).....I remember as the sponsor I signed IRCC sponsor agreement to support my spouse after landing will not get or ask for government financial assistance or social assistance during the 3 years after landing as PR....and I don't want my spouse to apply for EI as this will breach my sponsor agreement and don't want any IRCC problems as the sponsor.....but my spouse disagrees and wants to apply for EI......please advice will IRCC consider EI as government financial or social assistance as my spouse just landed and the 3 years has not elapsed......and will spouse receiving EI create any problems
Your spouse is right, you are wrong. EI is not welfare.

Reactions: caname91

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
QUESTION re: IMM 5708e - Application to extend my stay in Canada

My PR and OWP are still being processed, and I'm ~30 days away from being out of [Visitor] status. I am planning on submitting an IMM 5708e form ASAP. I do have a few questions that I was hoping I could get some help on:
  • Section: COMING INTO CANADA
    • Question 2 : The original purpose coming into Canada
      • The last time I crossed into Canada (right before submitting my PR & OWP apps) I was already married to my husband/sponsor. Would I choose "Family Visit," "Tourism," or "Other" (with explanation that I have PR & OWP apps pending) for this question? I'm assuming this choice would also be the same for the next section DETAILS OF VISIT TO CANADA, correct?
  • Section: DETAILS OF VISIT TO CANADA
    • Question 2: Indicate how long you plan to stay
      • "From" date would be my first day out of status, but what do I put for "To" date? I plan on staying until my PR is approved, ECD pre-Coronavirus October 30, 2020. Should I list that date, or something else?
  • Biometrics fee
    • Guide 5551 - Applying to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada - online application
      • The Application fee and Biometrics fee are both listed and seem to be mandatory. However, I submitted $85 for my biometrics fee with my PR app (and even then it is questionable that I will have to give biometrics since my Inland app was received before the law change on Dec. 3, 2019); do I need to pay another $85 with my IMM 5708e application? I don't want to over pay, but also don't want the app returned due to missing payment.
Thank you to all that are able to provide guidance!

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
QUESTION re: IMM 5708e - Application to extend my stay in Canada

My PR and OWP are still being processed, and I'm ~30 days away from being out of [Visitor] status. I am planning on submitting an IMM 5708e form ASAP. I do have a few questions that I was hoping I could get some help on:
  • Section: COMING INTO CANADA
    • Question 2 : The original purpose coming into Canada
      • The last time I crossed into Canada (right before submitting my PR & OWP apps) I was already married to my husband/sponsor. Would I choose "Family Visit," "Tourism," or "Other" (with explanation that I have PR & OWP apps pending) for this question? I'm assuming this choice would also be the same for the next section DETAILS OF VISIT TO CANADA, correct?
  • Section: DETAILS OF VISIT TO CANADA
    • Question 2: Indicate how long you plan to stay
      • "From" date would be my first day out of status, but what do I put for "To" date? I plan on staying until my PR is approved, ECD pre-Coronavirus October 30, 2020. Should I list that date, or something else?
  • Biometrics fee
    • Guide 5551 - Applying to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada - online application
      • The Application fee and Biometrics fee are both listed and seem to be mandatory. However, I submitted $85 for my biometrics fee with my PR app (and even then it is questionable that I will have to give biometrics since my Inland app was received before the law change on Dec. 3, 2019); do I need to pay another $85 with my IMM 5708e application? I don't want to over pay, but also don't want the app returned due to missing payment.
Thank you to all that are able to provide guidance!
Wait to apply until a couple of days before your visitor status expires to see if your OWP arrives.

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

DSpartners

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Thank you @armoured for responding.

We wrote only one cover letter with our whole story. Yes better idea to list down the documents and the order to make it clear.
We will mention the short version of the same in imm5532 too.
Dint write separate explanation letters though. We will check and write short explanation letter wherever and to whichever document necessary.

Let us know if this is good enough or of any suggestions.
Hi @armoured , we are planning to keep chat & call logs. Chat logs are of 155 pages...

BCbobby

Dec 3, 2019
Hello Diplomet07, would you mind sending something to my email as well? I've got a similar question too.
What is you email? I can send you something.

I would really Appreciate some sample letters as well, its one of the last things I need to do before submitting my application. Would it be possible for me to get this emailed as well. Bobbyfun15@yahoo.com, Thank you so much !