+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
what do you mean special permission .my spouse and child both citizen and i’m here still waiting for my outland sponsorship .can i apply for any visa to be with them in this type of crisis ? thankyou
The special permission is unrelated. You can apply for a visa. The new instructions do not mean you will automatically get one.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
what do you mean special permission .my spouse and child both citizen and i’m here still waiting for my outland sponsorship .can i apply for any visa to be with them in this type of crisis ? thankyou
This question has been answered previously. If you want to rejoin your family in Canada, you must apply for a TRV. There is no special visa.

Once again, you need to apply for a TRV.

Snowflakes0528

Feb 19, 2020
This question has been answered previously. If you want to rejoin your family in Canada, you must apply for a TRV. There is no special visa.

Once again, you need to apply for a TRV.
as a mother in desperate need i tend to ask a lot of question .thankyou bit of you feel you need not awnser my question anymore but thankyou .

Amit k

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
Hi Guys,

So I have a question and I am sure quite a few people are dealing with this right now.
I am a Canadian citizen and my wife in India just got her COPR and Visa stamp but the stamp is only valid till May 25/20. Now I was wondering if the ban is not lifted before May 25/20. Would she be able to extend her visa somehow? Is CIC going to do something about people who can't travel because of Covid19?
Also would she have to do medical (her original was done in May 2019) and everything again? I tried contacting them through webform but didn't get any clear reply.

Is anyone out there is same sort of situation?
Please reply.

Thanks,
Amit

unknowntoknown

Star Member
Jul 29, 2019
Hi Guys,

So I have a question and I am sure quite a few people are dealing with this right now.
I am a Canadian citizen and my wife in India just got her COPR and Visa stamp but the stamp is only valid till May 25/20. Now I was wondering if the ban is not lifted before May 25/20. Would she be able to extend her visa somehow? Is CIC going to do something about people who can't travel because of Covid19?
Also would she have to do medical (her original was done in May 2019) and everything again? I tried contacting them through webform but didn't get any clear reply.

Please reply.

Thanks,
Amit
Yes, they are extending the visa appointments.

Check this:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

Sarausman92

May 23, 2019
Bu
Hi Guys,

Please reply.

Thanks,
Amit
there’s no ban on immediate family of citizens and pr holder so your wife can travel now!

Amit k

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
Thanks for the link. It explains a lot but I still just wanted to clarify:
She needs to send a webform request saying she is unable to travel before her visa expires in May. What happens then? Are they going to ask to send the passport back and issue a new visa? Also do new medical?
In case after you send the webform saying you can't travel but the circumstances change and you can travel. what happens then? Is your visa no longer valid?
So many questions right. But i really appreciate all the help.

Thanks,

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
She needs to send a webform request saying she is unable to travel before her visa expires in May. What happens then? Are they going to ask to send the passport back and issue a new visa? Also do new medical?
In case after you send the webform saying you can't travel but the circumstances change and you can travel. what happens then? Is your visa no longer valid?

Thanks,
Read the text in the link. I do not know more than waht is there. It appears the visa is not canceled so if she can find a flight she should be fine.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Thanks,
As she is the spouse of a Canadian, India has not closed the border to people leaving and there are still flights available, she faces no restrictions in travelling to Canada.

Zikky

Jun 24, 2019
Hi guys just an update
So at the check in counter they looked at my passport and saw the immigrant visa, they ask for my Pr card I told them I don’t have it yet what I have is copr and also I’m an immediate family member of a Canadian citizen, that’s all, they never asked to see neither my copr document or my proof documents that I’m tied to a Canadian citizen, I guess they know the rule already and can’t be bothered, I got my two boarding passes and I’m waiting to board now.

caname91

Mar 20, 2020
Hi everyone......I need advice please.....I sponsored my spouse who has landed 1 year ago, she worked but has stopped working and wants to apply for employment insurance.....I remember as the sponsor I signed agreement that my spouse when sponsored will not get or ask for financial assistance or social assistance from the government during the 3 years after landing....and I don't want he to apply for EI as this will breach my sponsorship agreement.....but my spouse disagrees......please advice will IRCC consider EI as government financial or social assistance as my spouse just landed and the 3 years has not elapsed...

• Wow
Reactions: Belarusian

inshaAllah1day

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
Hi guys just an update
So at the check in counter they looked at my passport and saw the immigrant visa, they ask for my Pr card I told them I don’t have it yet what I have is copr and also I’m an immediate family member of a Canadian citizen, that’s all, they never asked to see neither my copr document or my proof documents that I’m tied to a Canadian citizen, I guess they know the rule already and can’t be bothered, I got my two boarding passes and I’m waiting to board now.
Safe travel

Reactions: Zikky

Stange

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
Hi everyone......I need advice please.....I sponsored my spouse who has landed 1 year ago, she worked but has stopped working and wants to apply for employment insurance.....I remember as the sponsor I signed agreement that my spouse when sponsored will not get or ask for financial assistance or social assistance from the government during the 3 years after landing....and I don't want he to apply for EI as this will breach my sponsorship agreement.....but my spouse disagrees......please advice will IRCC consider EI as government financial or social assistance as my spouse just landed and the 3 years has not elapsed...
EI is good just not social assistance