+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Zikky

Jun 24, 2019
Reactions: russ6970

Zikky

Jun 24, 2019
Hi guys just an update
So at the check in counter they looked at my passport and saw the immigrant visa, they ask for my Pr card I told them I don’t have it yet what I have is copr and also I’m an immediate family member of a Canadian citizen, that’s all, they never asked to see neither my copr document or my proof documents that I’m tied to a Canadian citizen, I guess they know the rule already and can’t be bothered, I got my two boarding passes and I’m waiting to board now.
More update
So my connecting flight is air Canada and I just want to advise they’re a bit more strict to making sure you meet the requirement in order to board they’re plane, a lot of people are being refused boarding due to the fact that they didn’t come with the required documents to show enough proof of ties with an immediate family member who is a citizen or pr
My documents were went through thoroughly and with caution, it was smooth tho cause I travelled prepared for any fuss ( more than enough proof)..I’m successfully Checked in, waiting to board. So any one travelling should make sure they have all the required documentation for proof.

unknowntoknown

Star Member
Jul 29, 2019
More update
So my connecting flight is air Canada and I just want to advise they’re a bit more strict to making sure you meet the requirement in order to board they’re plane, a lot of people are being refused boarding due to the fact that they didn’t come with the required documents to show enough proof of ties with an immediate family member who is a citizen or pr
My documents were went through thoroughly and with caution, it was smooth tho cause I travelled prepared for any fuss ( more than enough proof)..I’m successfully Checked in, waiting to board. So any one travelling should make sure they have all the required documentation for proof.
Thank you for constant updates.

Reactions: Zikky

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I think there’s a new update on the travel ban

IRCC
✔@CitImmCanada

To safeguard the continuity of trade, commerce, health and food security for all Canadians, we will be updating exemptions to travel restrictions to include foreign nationals who have already committed to working, studying or making Canada their home. THREAD
1:57 AM - Mar 21, 2020
Yeah seen that announced. Good news for Students and Workers.

Reactions: Zikky

kylelowry

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
Hi Seniors,

My wife completed her medical test in Singapore and received an e-medical Information sheet. The Clinic confirmed that the medical results have been sent to IRCC and also instructed her to upload the Information sheet.

Can someone advice me if I should actually send this sheet (i have not seen anyone sending this, i may be wrong), if so how should I upload this sheet.

Thanks in advance

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
Hi Seniors,

My wife completed her medical test in Singapore and received an e-medical Information sheet. The Clinic confirmed that the medical results have been sent to IRCC and also instructed her to upload the Information sheet.

Can someone advice me if I should actually send this sheet (i have not seen anyone sending this, i may be wrong), if so how should I upload this sheet.

Thanks in advance
you don`t must send something now

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Hello friends,

Landed yesterday on YYZ with COPR as new immigrant.

My spouse was supposed to fly out from India (BOM) directly to Toronto on August 24th but we took a decision to prepone the trip and got a ticket for March 19th and flew out. Main reason to do this was not delay before any more bans are implemented at either end. And good we took this decision because in few hours came to know that India has restricted all International travel from March 22nd onward.

At India immigration they asked questions like - what was the purpose of visit and checked COPR, our marriage certificate + my PR card at India immigration. YYZ immigration was easier. They were just surprised the flight allowed to board but other than that - normal questions and said was very lucky! Which I believe we are!!! In these troubled times globally and I have been reading this forum a lot where I see all the problems everyone is facing in context to COPR - this was sheer miracle!

My advice to all - what worked for us was the fact that this was a spouse sponsorship COPR and my MOP had already told me "close relatives of Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents” there will be no problem. We took a risk and it worked for us. I wish everyone the BEST !

Jyotika_kumar

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hi there all. I have read the new travel exceptions . It says about immediate relations of canadian citizens. My application under family class for spouse and dependent child is in process from Oct 2019. Still didnt get approval or copr.
Is there any way to go to my husband while application still in process?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi there all. I have read the new travel exceptions . It says about immediate relations of canadian citizens. My application under family class for spouse and dependent child is in process from Oct 2019. Still didnt get approval or copr.
Is there any way to go to my husband while application still in process?
You can apply for a TRV, but with a sponsorship app in process, chances of approval are quite low.

Zikky

Jun 24, 2019
hi guys, final update
So I got to immigration and was asked why am I landing by this time, technically he’s referring to the ban, then I presented him with the documents that proof I’m exempt from the ban, that’s all, he then asked the regular question of where I want my Pr card to be mailed, wasn’t a big deal after all, just have your correct documents ready, it’s the law and both the airline and immigration will abide by it. Landing was a success, thanks to all for the positive messages.

unknowntoknown

Star Member
Jul 29, 2019
hi guys, final update
So I got to immigration and was asked why am I landing by this time, technically he’s referring to the ban, then I presented him with the documents that proof I’m exempt from the ban, that’s all, he then asked the regular question of where I want my Pr card to be mailed, wasn’t a big deal after all, just have your correct documents ready, it’s the law and both the airline and immigration will abide by it. Landing was a success, thanks to all for the positive messages.
What else did they check on the airport? Are they checking temperatures? is it vigilant?

unknowntoknown

Star Member
Jul 29, 2019
Hello friends,

Landed yesterday on YYZ with COPR as new immigrant.

My spouse was supposed to fly out from India (BOM) directly to Toronto on August 24th but we took a decision to prepone the trip and got a ticket for March 19th and flew out. Main reason to do this was not delay before any more bans are implemented at either end. And good we took this decision because in few hours came to know that India has restricted all International travel from March 22nd onward.

At India immigration they asked questions like - what was the purpose of visit and checked COPR, our marriage certificate + my PR card at India immigration. YYZ immigration was easier. They were just surprised the flight allowed to board but other than that - normal questions and said was very lucky! Which I believe we are!!! In these troubled times globally and I have been reading this forum a lot where I see all the problems everyone is facing in context to COPR - this was sheer miracle!

My advice to all - what worked for us was the fact that this was a spouse sponsorship COPR and my MOP had already told me "close relatives of Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents” there will be no problem. We took a risk and it worked for us. I wish everyone the BEST !
Is it true that they're checking for body temperatures on the airport? Also, where was the layover for your spouse?