+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi All,

I and a PR holder and applying for Otland Spousal Sponsorship to my husband. I have some queries regarding the letters that we need to write. Could some one clarify the below please. Direct us to correct thread if posting in a wrong place.

1) Cover Letter : we wrote a letter with names, application type, where we met, friends and family and how our relationship turned to marriage etc., Anything special to write other than the relationship details?

2) IMM5532 Is there more information you wish to share to support your relationship? : Is this same a cover letter? if not can you list down things which we can include other than what was mentioned in cover letter.

3) Explanation Letter : Could you let us know what needs to be included here

Any help would be highly appreciated.
Short answer of how I approached: we included separate explanation letters - short - that we attached/sorted next to the nearest relevant part of the checklist. Our cover letter was not a cover letter, but a list of documents indicating what exactly was included in each section. In that 'cover letter' we indicated where the explanatory letters were attached.
Same with the 'imm5532', it was a short explanatory letter with a few related documents, no different from the other explnatory letters.

Hope this helps.

harvinder1234

Star Member
Mar 25, 2016
Okay so my wife called CBSA and was told I won’t be denied entry when I get to Canada because I fall under the “immediate family member of a citizen” which are exempt from the ban, but then I would have to prove to the airline at the airport that i fall under the category so they let me board So she advised going to the airport with some Kind of proof That my spouse is a Canadian citizen, which supports my initial plan of going to the airport with a copy of my wife’s Canadian passport bio data page, a copy of her drivers license (more i.d proof) and a copy of our marriage license, I’ll be updating along the process.
Hi
what about immediate family member of PR holder?
Thanks

Mariaont5119

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Okay so my wife called CBSA and was told I won’t be denied entry when I get to Canada because I fall under the “immediate family member of a citizen” which are exempt from the ban, but then I would have to prove to the airline at the airport that i fall under the category so they let me board So she advised going to the airport with some Kind of proof That my spouse is a Canadian citizen, which supports my initial plan of going to the airport with a copy of my wife’s Canadian passport bio data page, a copy of her drivers license (more i.d proof) and a copy of our marriage license, I’ll be updating along the process.
good luck! keep in touch and I hope that everything will work out for you!

Reactions: Zikky and armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
you might also consider speaking to/confirming with the airline in advance. Look forward to hearing how it works for you, good luck.

Reactions: Zikky

Zettty1980

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Pls keep us updated in this thread if you are allowed in

Reactions: Zikky

Zikky

Jun 24, 2019
you might also consider speaking to/confirming with the airline in advance. Look forward to hearing how it works for you, good luck.
Thanks and yes I already did confirm with Lufthansa and they agreed to letting me board as long as I have the right documents they even suggested contacting CBSA to know if I’ll be allowed entry which we already did before contacting them.

DSpartners

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Short answer of how I approached: we included separate explanation letters - short - that we attached/sorted next to the nearest relevant part of the checklist. Our cover letter was not a cover letter, but a list of documents indicating what exactly was included in each section. In that 'cover letter' we indicated where the explanatory letters were attached.
Same with the 'imm5532', it was a short explanatory letter with a few related documents, no different from the other explnatory letters.

Hope this helps.
Thank you @armoured for responding.

We wrote only one cover letter with our whole story. Yes better idea to list down the documents and the order to make it clear.
We will mention the short version of the same in imm5532 too.
Dint write separate explanation letters though. We will check and write short explanation letter wherever and to whichever document necessary.

Let us know if this is good enough or of any suggestions.