+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Canada<3India

Dec 22, 2019
For the document IMM 5562 SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION YOUR TRAVELS
It is to be completed by the principal applicant.

in Q#2 it asks:
List all the trips you, and if applicable, your family members have taken outside your country of origin or of residence in the last ten years.

My wife had listed down all of hers in the first table.
There is an additional table titled
b) Your spouse or common-law partner

We were recently married at the beginning of December. I am from Canada and she is from India.
Since we do not share the same 'country of origin or of residence' would I still put down my travels?
OR Is this section meant for if the principal applicant's spouse is also from the 'country of origin or of residence' in which case I would leave it blank.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
For the document IMM 5562 SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION YOUR TRAVELS
It is to be completed by the principal applicant.

in Q#2 it asks:
List all the trips you, and if applicable, your family members have taken outside your country of origin or of residence in the last ten years.

My wife had listed down all of hers in the first table.
There is an additional table titled
b) Your spouse or common-law partner

We were recently married at the beginning of December. I am from Canada and she is from India.
Since we do not share the same 'country of origin or of residence' would I still put down my travels?
OR Is this section meant for if the principal applicant's spouse is also from the 'country of origin or of residence' in which case I would leave it blank.
You do not need to provide your travel info.

I think (but I'm not sure) this is primarily for other types of applications (non-spousal) where for example both spouses may be applicants.

Reactions: Belarusian

Canada<3India

Dec 22, 2019
You do not need to provide your travel info.

I think (but I'm not sure) this is primarily for other types of applications (non-spousal) where for example both spouses may be applicants.
Hey thanks, It seems like it is for both spouses that may be applicants.
If anyone else can weigh in on it that would great.

Canada<3India

Dec 22, 2019
I'm doing a last review of my documents before I submit PR for my wife. :D

On each of the pages can we handwrite some context on the documents.
Like which receipts, plane tickets, extra supporting documents are for what?

Ex: Biometrics receipt
Ex: Marriage venue receipt
Ex: Boarding passes for our most recent trip together
EX: Public Facebook status of our marriage

Reactions: Anthonymarshall

gspunia

Jan 13, 2020
Hello Members,

I need help making a decision about my marriage and filing PR for my "Would Be". I am on PR and my Would Be has multiple entry visitor visa. She has visited my twice since last year and now planning to visit again next month and this time we are planning to get married in here in Canada and file Inland PR and OWP. As she is pursuing MBA back in India which will get over in June, she has to travel back after a month.

Not sure if her travel back to India will cause any issue. Will she be allowed to come back ? Does she need to be in Canada till she get OWP ? Is it advisable to get married in June once so that she does not travel back or for that sake apply for PR application in June.

We are so confused :S

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hello Members,

I need help making a decision about my marriage and filing PR for my "Would Be". I am on PR and my Would Be has multiple entry visitor visa. She has visited my twice since last year and now planning to visit again next month and this time we are planning to get married in here in Canada and file Inland PR and OWP. As she is pursuing MBA back in India which will get over in June, she has to travel back after a month.

Not sure if her travel back to India will cause any issue. Will she be allowed to come back ? Does she need to be in Canada till she get OWP ? Is it advisable to get married in June once so that she does not travel back or for that sake apply for PR application in June.

We are so confused :S
If June is after you will apply, and she will be gone for more than 2-3 weeks, it's a larger risk. There is always some risk she will not be allowed back into Canada.

Kanrav56

Jan 6, 2020
Hi I have a question. I applied for spousal PR in oct 2019 they received file in nov 2019
Got a letter saying the sponsor part of the application is approved on Jan 04 2020. Got biometrics request on Jan 05 2020 got medical request on Jan 06 2020 they received medical on Jan 09 2020. Jan 13 2020 I got a letter saying file is transferred to CPC Mississauga. What does this mean? Does it mean they will re-evaluate the sponsor eligibility and everything? And how long does it usually take to get PR after it’s sent to CPC Mississauga?

Jsscwgn

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
T
If you need more space for any section, use a separate sheet of paper. Make sure you label this sheet with your name and the question you are answering. - re-read the official instructions, this will help you fill out forms and prevent errors
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#forms
Thank you so much.

theafjioman

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
Myself and my Canadian partner will have been living together for a year in March and will be common-law and we are hoping she can sponsor me. We will also be going back to the UK at this time as my current visa also happens to run out then. Will I run into any issues with applying as an Outbound immigrant because of this? I read they put an emphasis on outbound applications because they don't want to split up families but we will already be together.. Just not in Canada.
As long as you have proof of cohabitation for at least one year, being in the UK won't matter for common-law status.

You will need proof of intent to return to Canada, for your partner and yourself.
Thanks for getting back. What would constitute proof? We're both young and don't have a house or anything out here so I'm not sure what I can use to prove this. Would a letter from my current Canadian employer stating that they plan on employing me dependent on my visa successfully coming through be a good way to show this? I will also be keeping a bank account open here and a bunch of my possessions are being stored with my partner's family.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Thanks for getting back. What would constitute proof? We're both young and don't have a house or anything out here so I'm not sure what I can use to prove this. Would a letter from my current Canadian employer stating that they plan on employing me dependent on my visa successfully coming through be a good way to show this? I will also be keeping a bank account open here and a bunch of my possessions are being stored with my partner's family.
Letters to employers informing them you plan to quit, apartment searches or documented plans to live with family, and more. Search the forums for "proof of intent to return" and you'll see other examples.

Reactions: theafjioman

peedvar

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Hi,

I am applying for my wife's spouse PR. I am hiring a representative for the application. Could you please let me know whether me or my wife would be the applicant in the Use of representative form?

Thanks

Reneekay

Feb 9, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
Hello guys, I need your help!
Getting married to my partner who is a Canadian PR towards the middle of this year.
I'm trying to find what the things we need and need to do are....but I don't know where to start from.
We are going to apply outland as I live in Nigeria.
Any advice would be appreciated

Reactions: Ahami

Bahon

May 22, 2018
I need urgent help please
My husband is a swedish citizen, he is landing in Canada on feb 4, i bought tickets to cuba on feb.12, can he enter canada (From cuba) with his swedish passport since he doesn’t have a PR card yet?

lanka1204

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
London visa office
App. Filed.......
09-08-2019
Doc's Request.
13-01-2020 Military service
AOR Received.
21-10-2019
Med's Request
18-10-2019
Med's Done....
29-10-2019
hi everyone... tell me please only i have problem whis linking application? i read already all topic here... tried everything!! nothing... how link???????? your suggestion... thank you!!