+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

akbarz

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
I've read a lot about Nikah only marriages, or marriages that differ from traditional norms being rejected. How do they determine a persons culture, opinion from a document? Would they give an interview to explain certain situations not clear in application or reject right away?

I did make it clear that we are not traditional, have different religious sects and other family circumstances that lead to having an elopement instead of a big wedding or a religious wedding. I feel that they should consider that not everyone with an ethnic name or family background has the same beliefs/culture. I received my AOR1 within 20 days so just need to control my anxiety i guess.

Tya

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
GOOD NEWS FRIENDS!

My spouse application got approved today :). Took total 106 days from start to finish! Timeline in signature below.

Goodluck to all those waiting in process.
That's very quick! Where did you apply from and did you use a representative? Also was there any child involved?

Reactions: lanka1204

Jsscwgn

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Hi guys, for IMM 5406 which is the Additional Family Information. What should I do if I have more siblings to put in. Is it okay if I print an extra sheet for that? Thanks

Sapphire Blue

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
The first question on the document checklist spouse (including dependent children) IMM 5533

*Information about Previous examination ( to be completed by the sponsor) - Me

The person I am sponsoring was declared as my spouse or partner and was already examined as no accompanying dependent when I applied for a Permanent Resident Visa, and did not receive an immigrant visa. (Note: of you have never applied for a permanent resident visa, answer no.)

Yes or no

I'm confused with this one especially the Note section, seem like a trick question, because I have applied for PR visa but at the time I wasn't married to my spouse we were just bf and gf so I saw no need to declare him. So if I choose the answer no does the statement in bracket affect me?

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
Hi guys, for IMM 5406 which is the Additional Family Information. What should I do if I have more siblings to put in. Is it okay if I print an extra sheet for that? Thanks
If you need more space for any section, use a separate sheet of paper. Make sure you label this sheet with your name and the question you are answering. - re-read the official instructions, this will help you fill out forms and prevent errors
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#forms

Reactions: Jsscwgn

Miladb

Aug 16, 2019
Hi, i want to know how long it takes to receive PPR after Decision made on Ecas?
No Idea but maybe maximum two weeks , but don't depend on what I said , but you are in the last step so it don't have to take a lot of time . Hope you get it soon

kylelowry

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
Hi Seniors,

Just curious; our sponsor was approved in December and our file moved to Singapore VO last week. On the GC Key profile, eligibility says "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." - Does this mean Singapore has received our application and started processing?

I never paid attention to that section, I really don't know if that changed or was the same through-out.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
The first question on the document checklist spouse (including dependent children) IMM 5533

*Information about Previous examination ( to be completed by the sponsor) - Me

The person I am sponsoring was declared as my spouse or partner and was already examined as no accompanying dependent when I applied for a Permanent Resident Visa, and did not receive an immigrant visa. (Note: of you have never applied for a permanent resident visa, answer no.)

Yes or no

I'm confused with this one especially the Note section, seem like a trick question, because I have applied for PR visa but at the time I wasn't married to my spouse we were just bf and gf so I saw no need to declare him. So if I choose the answer no does the statement in bracket affect me?
They weren't examined, so the answer is No.

mocomb

Aug 7, 2017
Hi all,

we have just sent over the documents to the Mississauga office last week (sponsorship inland). Wondering how long it usually takes for them to send an AOR and if they do that over email or on CIC.

Thank you.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hi all,

we have just sent over the documents to the Mississauga office last week (sponsorship inland). Wondering how long it usually takes for them to send an AOR and if they do that over email or on CIC.

Thank you.
Two to three months, by email if you provided one.

theafjioman

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
Myself and my Canadian partner will have been living together for a year in March and will be common-law and we are hoping she can sponsor me. We will also be going back to the UK at this time as my current visa also happens to run out then. Will I run into any issues with applying as an Outbound immigrant because of this? I read they put an emphasis on outbound applications because they don't want to split up families but we will already be together.. Just not in Canada.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Myself and my Canadian partner will have been living together for a year in March and will be common-law and we are hoping she can sponsor me. We will also be going back to the UK at this time as my current visa also happens to run out then. Will I run into any issues with applying as an Outbound immigrant because of this? I read they put an emphasis on outbound applications because they don't want to split up families but we will already be together.. Just not in Canada.
As long as you have proof of cohabitation for at least one year, being in the UK won't matter for common-law status.

You will need proof of intent to return to Canada, for your partner and yourself.

Reactions: theafjioman

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
Hi Seniors,

Just curious; our sponsor was approved in December and our file moved to Singapore VO last week. On the GC Key profile, eligibility says "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." - Does this mean Singapore has received our application and started processing?

I never paid attention to that section, I really don't know if that changed or was the same through-out.
in my account this text was before moved to VO