+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

eolofernes

Jul 23, 2019
Hi, I am trying to renew my PR card into my married name. In the Philippines, our maiden surname becomes married middle name.

My passport is on my married name. I wanted to match my names on IDs.

Now, IRCC is asking for a copy of Provincial ID on my married name. However, as far as I know I can’t renew my provincial IDs in my married name as well without my new PR card.

Any married Filipinas out here who have successfully renewed their PR card? Please advise me on how I should proceed.

thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone, just want to ask about your opinion and advices on these. I’m a Canadian citizen who recently got married in the philippines. It was a secret marriage, both of our parents didn’t know about it. What are the important id’s I will have to update? Is there any chance that I could keep my last name as our parent’s doesn’t have any idea that we had our civil wedding.
Why don't your parents know? That is a red flag and you will need to explain in the app. Do any other family members know?

Reactions: Belarusian

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Seems like two to three months is the AOR for inland. Links for tracking sheets are in the threads for each month's submissions generally.
Thanks

I am totally unaware of this process. Have another question spouse is in Canada on PGWP expiring in July / Aug 2020. Now Application for spousal sponsorship has been sent can one apply for bridge visa now ? because chances of Decision till July are low or have to wait by June / July 2020 ?

@canuck_in_uk for your thoughts as well

Thanks in advance

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks

I am totally unaware of this process. Have another question spouse is in Canada on PGWP expiring in July / Aug 2020. Now Application for spousal sponsorship has been sent can one apply for bridge visa now ? because chances of Decision till July are low or have to wait by June / July 2020 ?

@canuck_in_uk for your thoughts as well

Thanks in advance
If it's an inland app, an OWP can be applied for.

lanka1204

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
London visa office
App. Filed.......
09-08-2019
Doc's Request.
13-01-2020 Military service
AOR Received.
21-10-2019
Med's Request
18-10-2019
Med's Done....
29-10-2019
HI , someone could help me to explain how link application. i try do this at my and my husband account nothing!!! whats my mistake?

andrew3081

Apr 6, 2018
Hi everyone, just want to ask about your opinion and advices on these. I’m a Canadian citizen who recently got married in the philippines. It was a secret marriage, both of our parents didn’t know about it. What are the important id’s I will have to update? Is there any chance that I could keep my last name as our parent’s doesn’t have any idea that we had our civil wedding.
does your other family members or friends know about the marriage?
theres a section on the application forms that specifically ask about this.

Jan 10, 2020
Yes, that is absolutely true but as we know, immigration sometimes refuses cases based on bogus reasons. If the PR in question had sponsored his spouse for PR and immigration finds out, possibly when trying to contact him that he has actually been outside Canada for the last few months, they will likely deny his application based on him not residing in Canada. Legally he might still be residing in Canada and of course he can appeal but I'm only saying, maybe you are better off trying to avoid having to appeal. It is safer to make short trips only so that the visa officer will have no doubt that the person is residing in Canada and not leave it up to the visa officers definition of how long you can be away to still be considered a resident.
This brings up a question regarding my current situation with my partner & myself. I am a US citizen living in Washington, I've been dating a Canadain living in Vancouver, BC for over 1 year. I am trying to move up to Vancouver full time to live with my partner and obtain my PR there. Now I know that I can stay for 6 months & apply to expend for another 6 to be legally living in Canda for the 1-year requirement. This is where my issue arises, I am a freelance travel photographer meaning that I travel consistently for my work, in 2019 I was travelling for over 150+ days out of the year. Would this impact my ability to receive my PR for living in Canada over that year due to my frequency of travel even though it is strictly for work? I do not work in Canada, all my clients are US based and I would not be able to slow my travel as its the primary money-making means for me as a freelancer. Generally, I will be out of the country travelling for work for a week or two at a time every month, with 2 months out of the year with no travel at all.

canadavisa19

Dec 12, 2019
Need Advice & Suggestion Please:
Married 6 months before. Applied for TRV once and rejected. Now planning to apply for TRV again.
Not my question: If the TRV is rejected again for the second times then is their any bad impact if I want to sponsor my wife in future?

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
This brings up a question regarding my current situation with my partner & myself. I am a US citizen living in Washington, I've been dating a Canadain living in Vancouver, BC for over 1 year. I am trying to move up to Vancouver full time to live with my partner and obtain my PR there. Now I know that I can stay for 6 months & apply to expend for another 6 to be legally living in Canda for the 1-year requirement. This is where my issue arises, I am a freelance travel photographer meaning that I travel consistently for my work, in 2019 I was travelling for over 150+ days out of the year. Would this impact my ability to receive my PR for living in Canada over that year due to my frequency of travel even though it is strictly for work? I do not work in Canada, all my clients are US based and I would not be able to slow my travel as its the primary money-making means for me as a freelancer. Generally, I will be out of the country travelling for work for a week or two at a time every month, with 2 months out of the year with no travel at all.
You can travel freely before you get your PR status. But after you get PR, there is restriction that you have to live in Canada for a number of days within 5 years time frame to maintain the PR status. Otherwise, your PR may be revoked.

Arjun2412

Dec 14, 2019
Hello friends.
I've one question about my spousal base PR file with open work permit. I submitted my Spousal base file in one envelop (both PR + Open Work permit) from Canada before my previous work permit status expired and also I got my file confirmation number as well and I'm waiting for my Work permit but still after 5 months I didn’t receive any work permit so I called to CIC for my status so they said we didn't received your work permit file we've just your PR file and that is in In process status so now what should I do? please help me. And also my medical for PR was done few weeks before but no response for work permit.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Get married. You have pretty much no chance of approval as common-law with that much time apart during the 1 year AND your frequent exits and entries would likely result in you being refused re-entry before you even hit the one year mark. CBSA doesn't like people living in Canada as visitors.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Need Advice & Suggestion Please:
Married 6 months before. Applied for TRV once and rejected. Now planning to apply for TRV again.
Not my question: If the TRV is rejected again for the second times then is their any bad impact if I want to sponsor my wife in future?
No.