App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
this happnz wen u appoint a representative weithr paid or unpaid i m on the same boat 21 march 2019 applicant yet no app transfer neithr can link my application to gckey online account
my wife is my unpaid representative .
and the hide nd seek is going on frm june 3rd aftr medical recived notification
Hey, no. I was making a mistake of entering "1" in the question "Number of applicants" when trying to link paper application to the online account I created for my spouse therefore I was getting that error message. I got info from other thread on this forum on how to fill out those fields and was successful. Last Friday I received email of file transferred to VO too. So all good now. Touch-wood!

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
guys share your experience how quickly a request for biometrics comes after a request for payment of biometrics (I paid the same day).

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
guys share your experience how quickly a request for biometrics comes after a request for payment of biometrics (I paid the same day).
For me after a week of paying it ... for others it really depends sometimes weeks months

Reactions: Belarusian

inshaAllah1day

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
Hey.
Have anyone ever had to send in additional documents to confirm their address?.
I forgot to add an address to my address history. And now im worried it might cause some problem or delay in my application.
This particular address is not where i live currently but its on my drivers license still. I am the sponsor and I reside in Ontario specifically the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
My application is currently at the Visa office in the country my husband reside and they already started processing.
Ill probably just have to wait and see if they will request for additional documents or not.

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
Guys, maybe someone had a similar situation. I can not connect gсkey, maybe because I had an account on the cic but there I registered an maiden surname. Now I have my husband’s surname so I’m trying add another surname in gckey. Is it possible that this is a problem because 2 different surnames on cic-account and gckey?! :confused: Your assumptions?

Zikky

Jun 24, 2019
Hi guys, if the sponsor status changes from pr to citizen, does it affect an ongoing spousal sponsorship application ( considering the fact that the sponsor status was stated as pr In the beginning of the application) ?

uno111

Nov 13, 2019
1. If your partner is approved for a TRv, yes, they can apply for PR here in Canada. If they apply inland, they can include a work permit app.

2. No.

3. Canada doesn't care if it isn't recognized in your country.
Thank you for replying.

Another dumb question: can we get married in Canada, then my partner return to the home country and apply for outland spousal sponsorship? Will that be a problem to IRCC, like suspecting we marry only for the visa?

We discussed and agreed to be separated for one year or more, because waiting on a visitor visa and hoping for a work permit is a invitation to depression for my partner.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you for replying.

Another dumb question: can we get married in Canada, then my partner return to the home country and apply for outland spousal sponsorship? Will that be a problem to IRCC, like suspecting we marry only for the visa?

We discussed and agreed to be separated for one year or more, because waiting on a visitor visa and hoping for a work permit is a invitation to depression for my partner.
You can do that.

The work permit takes 3-4 months after applying. Honestly, for a genuine couple, it would generally be far more preferable to wait together than to be apart for up to a year.