+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

I.Jahan

Jul 20, 2019
Visa Office......
Singapore
Hello experts
I just found out i have done a mistake in my education history at Schedule A/Background Declaration form. My application is in last stage after medical passed on 2nd October. After that i didn’t hear anything from them till now. I guess my BGC is going on. Do i still have the time to rectify the error via webform? I am panicking big time. Any concrete suggestion is highly appreciated

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello experts
I just found out i have done a mistake in my education history at Schedule A/Background Declaration form. My application is in last stage after medical passed on 2nd October. After that i didn’t hear anything from them till now. I guess my BGC is going on. Do i still have the time to rectify the error via webform? I am panicking big time. Any concrete suggestion is highly appreciated
Yes, send a Webform.

Ina2018

Oct 23, 2019
APPICATION RECVD: DEC 13,2019
AOR1: APRIL 10TH, 2019
AOR2: APRIL 20TH, 2019
SENT CSQ: MAY 08,2019
CSQ ACKNKLED: MAY 29th,2019
CSQ RECVD: JULY 19TH, 2019
MEDICAL EXAM RQST: JULY 19th, 2019
MEDICAL EXAM: AUG 08,2019
BIOMETRIC PAYMENT REQUEST: OCT 29TH, 2019

I was wondering if anyone has a similar timeline as me? Has anyone been requested Biometrics later in the process? Everyone seems to have them early on in the application

let me know :(

hk1910

Oct 29, 2019
Hi all
my wifes file was sent off to delhi last week. does anyone kno how long will be waiting time after file sent of to delhi. medical and biometric was done month ago

Prabhjotmona

Mar 26, 2018
Hi all,
I’m sponsoring my husband and yesterday we received the final step email from Dakar Visa office.

This is what it says about police certificate:
Recent original police certificate from your current country of residence for you, and all country where you have lived for more than six (6) months consecutive if the police certificate have not been previously submitted.

We already sent police certificate at the beginning of the application and immigration also sent us another email in January 2019 requesting police certificate from another country where my husband spent 6 months between (2016-2017). Now my question is should we send another certificate from his country again ? And what about the country where he lived for 6months?
You send the pcc from where he is living now. Rite... you can resend the pcc again with the pcc from where your patner lived for 6 months or so .. if you havent send it the pcc for the 6 month b4 hand .. they might have misplace it ..

Arisha Azib

Nov 6, 2018
Hi All,

Any Nov 2018 applicant's who got pre arrival did any of them recieve passport request ? We received our on 30 Sep . Any Update ??

And another question our background check was in process from Nov 2018 from the time we submitted our application but then suddenly couple of days back on GcKey the status of the BGC changed to: your application is in process and we I'll let you know once we start the BGC.
So I'm confused that earlier the whole year it was showing that BGC is in process and than now suddenly when our time is almost coming to an end its showing this??

Any idea?

Thanks,
Arisha

Vishal A

Apr 9, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I need help on spouse PR.

I am a PR holder and done my soft landing last year. Currently, I am in India. I am getting married soon and would like to take my spouse along with me early next year to Canada.
Please guide me if I can start her application process as Inland/outland from India. Or should i apply for Visit Visa and apply for her PR once we are in Canada.

Thank you.

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello Everyone,

I need help on spouse PR.

I am a PR holder and done my soft landing last year. Currently, I am in India. I am getting married soon and would like to take my spouse along with me early next year to Canada.
Please guide me if I can start her application process as Inland/outland from India. Or should i apply for Visit Visa and apply for her PR once we are in Canada.

Thank you.
No, you can't apply from India. As a PR, you are required to live in Canada throughout the entire sponsorship process.

She can try for a TRV but chances are low.

kylelowry

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
Hello Seniors,

This is regarding the following question in IMM 5669.

Question 4: Have you or, if you are the principal applicant, any of your family members listed in your application for permanent residence in Canada ever;

d. Been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent residence visa (including a Certificat de selection du Quebec (CSQ) or application to the provincial nomination programme) or visitor or temporary resident visa to Canada or any other country? YES

My wife who is the PA applied for a student’s visa last year and was refused for unknown reasons. She re-applied immediately and was granted the visa in less than two weeks. However, she was not happy about the Master’s programme due to various reasons and returned to the home country after a month. She immediately notified IRCC and cancelled the visa.

So, now the question is do answer ‘Yes’ to the above question and give an explanation or just say ‘No’ because they do not mention “student Visa” anywhere in the question.

Thanking you in advance. Your assistance would be of great value.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello Seniors,

This is regarding the following question in IMM 5669.

Question 4: Have you or, if you are the principal applicant, any of your family members listed in your application for permanent residence in Canada ever;

d. Been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent residence visa (including a Certificat de selection du Quebec (CSQ) or application to the provincial nomination programme) or visitor or temporary resident visa to Canada or any other country? YES

My wife who is the PA applied for a student’s visa last year and was refused for unknown reasons. She re-applied immediately and was granted the visa in less than two weeks. However, she was not happy about the Master’s programme due to various reasons and returned to the home country after a month. She immediately notified IRCC and cancelled the visa.

So, now the question is do answer ‘Yes’ to the above question and give an explanation or just say ‘No’ because they do not mention “student Visa” anywhere in the question.

Thanking you in advance. Your assistance would be of great value.
Answer Yes and explain.

Reactions: kylelowry

ulka0410

Star Member
Dec 3, 2018
AOR Received.
20-01-2019
Hi guys,

I am new to this forum. I am a Canadian PR and would like to sponsor my spouse who is currently in India. We have been married for more than 7 years so that is a non issue. I wish to get him here on a Visitor Visa and then apply for an Inland Sponsorship along with Open Work Permit.

1) Would this be the right way to go?
2) I would also like to know the general time lines for receiving OWP for inland visa and receiving sponsorship through outland?

@k.h.p. @canuck_in_uk Can you guys please help?

Last edited:

sherayn

Jun 9, 2019
We finally got our PR (spouse) package accepted after the third try!
We are trying to link our application to our online accounts, and have tried every combination of answers for the submission page. When it asks for family members included to the application, do we count sponsor and applicant, &/or dependent child ( not coming to Canada but included on application), &/or every family member mentioned on the additional family member pages?

The only other possibilty is that they haven't uploaded it into the system yet..it has been 2 days.

I also applied for the work permit but havn't received anything corresponding to that.

The letter my husband (sponsor) received stated that his application was accepted Ocy 29th, but that min was accepted 09/19/19. Will we have separate UCI numbers and separate application numbers or are they referring to the work permit. I haven't received anything regarding the Sept acceptance.

So confused, anyone have insight???