+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

eunisgreen

Jun 5, 2013
Hi guys,

My partner and I are considering going with Spousal Sponsorship for my PR, I am currently on PGWP that expires in July 2020.

Do most people get the OWP before their PR decision? and if so am I allowed to continue working once I receive the WP approval? or are there any complications?

CIC says Spousal Work Permit takes about 4-5 months to process, is that an accurate representation of the wait time?

Prabhu369

Mar 1, 2019
Hello everyone,
I have condition where I need help.
I came to canada as PR based on spousal sponsorship before 8 months. Where, I came to know I did provide false information in pr application that previously married "NO" instead of "YES".
That was totally by mistake and in hurry.
How, can I update to CIC about it? What can be consequences and procedures!
Thanks.

Ajvayani

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
My wife has a Canadian PR. She will sponsor me in August 2020 once she finishes her education as at the moment she is living with me outside Canada for study purpose.

Right now, I have two options. First, I wait until my wife finishes her studies and sponsor me. Second, I apply immigration through PNP or Express Entry Program.

Which option is better and easy?

Regards.

Star Member
Apr 29, 2018
Hi,

Anyone here have the same experience. I’m sponsoring my partner under conjugal sponsorship and our papers already in ManilaVisa Office for processing. I am planning to travel in the Philippines with our son this October until my mat leave ends. Is it ok to travel while our papers is on process? My plan is to leave my baby back home as we are not sure if when we’ll get result from our application. TIA
Please tell me how many days it take to receive account id for your application???

parminderk

Star Member
Sep 7, 2014
Hi all,
my inquiry is not related to spousal visa. i m asking question in this forum as i found this forum very active.
i am PR in here for our 3 years. i recently realized that I provided wrong birth date for my sister when applied for PR. month and year are correct but day is wrong. can someone pls guide me how i can get it corrected?
thanks

frisbee2017

Star Member
May 23, 2017
For Proof of relationship, I am attaching whatsapp conversations with my wife. The conversation is in english except the greetings and few other courtesies. Ex: Salam, Allah Hafiz etc. Do I still need to get the chat translated? Anybody with this experience?

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
Hi. I previously applied for a visitor visa. I have an account on gckey. Can I also see My immigration process in the same account or will a new number be created? Thank.

Last edited:
Reactions: aababuji

dayanaraquin18

Sep 3, 2019
Colombia
Visa Office......
VO Bogotá
what do you mean buy rental supplement ?
for Spouse sponsorship you have to use KIT A ( Non financial )
My wife is applying for a Québec program called Supplément au loyer, I don't know if that affects the application of the csq since it was sent in August: / what social assistance programs affect the csq process? She has no social assistance of last resort or the Solidarity Program, she was approved to sponsor since May.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
My wife is applying for a Québec program called Supplément au loyer, I don't know if that affects the application of the csq since it was sent in August: / what social assistance programs affect the csq process? She has no social assistance of last resort or the Solidarity Program, she was approved to sponsor since May.
Que 1: is your application for Spouse sponsorship in Quebec? if yes means you are using
Undertaking application – Kit A – without financial requirements

Reactions: dayanaraquin18

dayanaraquin18

Sep 3, 2019
Colombia
Visa Office......
VO Bogotá
so why you worried for Financial issue as your wife using KIT A ( Without financial requirements).
because I read on the Quebec page that you should not receive social assistance, and I don't know if this is considered social assistance and leads to a rejection of the csq