File Transfer...
30-10-2019
Med's Request
26-09-2019
Med's Done....
02-10-2019
Interview........
06/10/2020
Does anyone know how long the medical exam takes? Just curious because of the appointment times we were given and my husband works a second job in the evening so just trying to decide. Thanks :)

Jeannyfam

May 4, 2019
Hi everybody
I received my AOR in Sep 5th,but now I didn't receive my letter request my CSQ.How long can I receive it?Thanks a lot.It almost 1 month I didn't receive anything

annjo

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila Visa Office
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2019
Doc's Request.
Sept 16, 2019
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2019
File Transfer...
Sept 19
Med's Request
Sept 13
Med's Done....
Oct 03
Hi,

Anyone here have the same experience. I’m sponsoring my partner under conjugal sponsorship and our papers already in ManilaVisa Office for processing. I am planning to travel in the Philippines with our son this October until my mat leave ends. Is it ok to travel while our papers is on process? My plan is to leave my baby back home as we are not sure if when we’ll get result from our application. TIA

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

Anyone here have the same experience. I’m sponsoring my partner under conjugal sponsorship and our papers already in ManilaVisa Office for processing. I am planning to travel in the Philippines with our son this October until my mat leave ends. Is it ok to travel while our papers is on process? My plan is to leave my baby back home as we are not sure if when we’ll get result from our application. TIA
Are you a Canadian citizen or a PR? How long are you planning to be away?

annjo

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila Visa Office
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2019
Doc's Request.
Sept 16, 2019
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2019
File Transfer...
Sept 19
Med's Request
Sept 13
Med's Done....
Oct 03

racer46

Aug 2, 2017
Hi, would appreciate some help, I read the opening post and need clarification on some points.

So I am a PR, have been so for the last 2 years and working for almost all of them. My potential spouse (marriage partner) lives abroad in the Middle East (home country for both of us) and I want to know the best/quickest way to bring her to Canada on a permanent basis if everything goes as planned and we end up marrying in our home country. This would be a full fledged marriage not common-law/conjugal.

Appreciate the support ladies and gents.

annjo

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila Visa Office
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2019
Doc's Request.
Sept 16, 2019
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2019
File Transfer...
Sept 19
Med's Request
Sept 13
Med's Done....
Oct 03
As a PR, you are required to live in Canada throughout the process. 2 months outside of Canada risks your
Thank you. Do you have a reference on that from CIC website so I can see the reason why? I’m trying to look on the website and it only says if you’re PR living outside Canada you can’t sponsor which doesn’t apply to us since i was here when i apply the sponsorship and got the Sponsor Approval.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you. Do you have a reference on that from CIC website so I can see the reason why? I’m trying to look on the website and it only says if you’re PR living outside Canada you can’t sponsor which doesn’t apply to us since i was here when i apply the sponsorship and got the Sponsor Approval.
It certainly does apply, through the entire process. 2 months outside of Canada is long enough for IRCC to decide that you are living outside of Canada and therefore no longer qualify as a sponsor. This is very well known and apps have been refused for this.

annjo

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila Visa Office
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2019
Doc's Request.
Sept 16, 2019
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2019
File Transfer...
Sept 19
Med's Request
Sept 13
Med's Done....
Oct 03
It certainly does apply, through the entire process. 2 months outside of Canada is long enough for IRCC to decide that you are living outside of Canada and therefore no longer qualify as a sponsor. This is very well known and apps have been refused for this.
You mean even if I got the SA letter they can revoke it?

annjo

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila Visa Office
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2019
Doc's Request.
Sept 16, 2019
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2019
File Transfer...
Sept 19
Med's Request
Sept 13
Med's Done....
Oct 03
They don't "revoke" sponsor approval. They simply refuse the app because the sponsor is no longer living in Canada.
Ok, thank you i’ll confirm it with CIC on Monday coz in other forum says it’s ok so I’ll confirm it. At least I have lots of info now thank you.

kmandhar

Jun 3, 2019
Hello, I have a question regarding my file. It has been moved from CIC Mississauga to my local city CIC Hamilton for further processing. Any idea what the reason might be or what this means?

Shanghai911

Star Member
May 19, 2019
I sent my application Friday, and made the mistake of setting me (the sponsor) as my spouse's representative. I miss read the following paragraph of the complete guide:

Note to sponsors: If the person you’re sponsoring is living outside Canada and is 18 years of age or older, and your address in Canada is provided as their mailing address on the application for permanent residence (IMM 0008), the principal applicant (person you’re sponsoring) must complete a Use of Representative form listing you as their representative.

Now because of this we cannot use the online account to link our application. I still can't believe i not read carefully the word OUTSIDE for 5 times. We do an Inland application, my spouse live with me in Canada. Now should we:

-Keep it like this and just follow the updates through my email as the representative
-Wait until we receive the AOR and complete the request to cancel me as representative ..
-Any other options