AOR Received.
17-04-2019
File Transfer...
23-05-2019
Med's Request
09-05-2019
Med's Done....
23-05-2019
Kinda confusing, sorry. What classification are gonna apply? Spousal sponsorship in canada class? Or spousal sponsorship under family class? Just want to qoute, my husband and i are both here in Canada, but not living together yet since i am still in contract with my employer
Never heard of the first option...don't think that's a thing lol. As I said, it's family/spousal sponsorship. You can apply either inland or outland regardless of where PA lives. There are benefits and drawbacks to each.
Definitely odd you've never lived together in the same country. They might heavily scrutinize that.

Angelo25

Jun 6, 2017
Never heard of the first option...don't think that's a thing lol. As I said, it's family/spousal sponsorship. You can apply either inland or outland regardless of where PA lives. There are benefits and drawbacks to each.
Definitely odd you've never lived together in the same country. They might heavily scrutinize that.

Its also confusing to us.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Its also confusing to us.
Iccliff seems to being doing their best to make it more confusing.

As you don't live together, you CANNOT apply under the Spouse in Canada class, which is also called inland. You will 100% be refused.

You must apply under the Family Class, which is also called outland. It is perfectly fine for you to be in Canada while applying outland.

lccliff

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Richmond, BC
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
19-03-2019
AOR Received.
17-04-2019
File Transfer...
23-05-2019
Med's Request
09-05-2019
Med's Done....
23-05-2019
Iccliff seems to being doing their best to make it more confusing.

As you don't live together, you CANNOT apply under the Spouse in Canada class, which is also called inland. You will 100% be refused.

You must apply under the Family Class, which is also called outland. It is perfectly fine for you to be in Canada while applying outland.
Some people might call it trying to help. But not all of us make it a hobby to hang out here and know everything...if in fact you do :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Some people might call it trying to help. But not all of us make it a hobby to hang out here and know everything...if in fact you do :)
If you want to help, you should make sure you are commenting about stuff you know. For spousal sponsorship, the in Canada class is a fairly basic thing to know and you told that poster it isn't a thing. S/he just kept getting more confused.

I don't claim to know everything but I do spend time helping people on this forum and do know more than average.

Roxy c

Apr 19, 2019
There is no biometrics place in canada. Inland applicants don't do biometrics. But you also aren't allowed to leave Canada so....going to Romania is dangerous for your app if you are. Unless you are the Sponsor or applied outland from canada???? Sponsors don't do biometrics...It's for the PA. You would be able to do biometrics in Romania if there's a visa office there. Otherwise go to the closest one. If in canada, you have to cross the border to do it.
I just need to go to sign some important documents. I am the principal applicant and my visitor visa is going to expire in 2024. Should I call Immigration and let them know that i have to travel to romania? Thank you so much.

lccliff

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Richmond, BC
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
19-03-2019
AOR Received.
17-04-2019
File Transfer...
23-05-2019
Med's Request
09-05-2019
Med's Done....
23-05-2019
If you want to help, you should make sure you are commenting about stuff you know. For spousal sponsorship, the in Canada class is a fairly basic thing to know and you told that poster it isn't a thing. S/he just kept getting more confused.

I don't claim to know everything but I do spend time helping people on this forum and do know more than average.
I literally said I'd never heard of it so no one would consider me an authority on it, would they? You are just consistently a jerk to people on here and it makes the environment uncomfortable. It's unfortunate since this is a place we come to support one another during a stressful time. I'll keep doing me though, despite the less charming posters like yourself.

Nneoma.muna

Dec 13, 2018
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Nomination.....
Sk
AOR Received.
06-04-2019
Med's Request
10-09-2019
Med's Done....
26-10-2019
Passport Req..
26-04-2021
LANDED..........
30-04-2021
So you are in the situation that you want to sponsor your foreign spouse for permanent residency of Canada and don't know where to start. Here are some tips:

Married, common law or conjugal partners

First you need to pick an application class. There are three of them: married, common-law and conjugal. For all of them, you need to prove the genuineity of your relationship. For common-law, you need to prove that you have lived together for 12 months or longer. For conjugal, you need to prove that you have combined your affairs as much as possible but there are real immigration barriers or other barriers preventing you from living together or getting married. Conjugal is the hardest to prove. For example, if your partner could get a visit visa to come to Canada for 6 months and then apply for an extension to get the full year, even though they will not be allowed to work, that is not considered an immigration barrier. An immigration barrier is if your partner tries to get a visit visa to come to Canada and is repeatedly refused. Some people have had luck with the conjugal class but try to avoid it if possible.

Outland or inland?

Now you need to decide if to apply outland or inland. If your spouse is not in Canada and can not get a visa to go to Canada, you must apply outland. That means that you will send your application to Mississauga and they will approve you as a sponsor. The time that takes is usually 1-2 months to but current processing times can be seen here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#sponsorship After that, the application is forwarded to your local visa office. If your spouse is residing in a country other than the country of their nationality, you can pick which of the two visa offices you want. Otherwise it will be processed in their country of nationality. You can see the processing times here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp

If your spouse is staying in Canada as a visitor or on some other visa, you can pick whether you want to apply outland or inland. Outland is generally faster and has appeal rights but a downside to outland is that if an interview is required, your spouse will have to travel to the visa office in the country where it's being processed. Inland has the downside that it's generally not advised that your spouse travels while you are waiting for your processing because it is a requirement of inland that they reside in Canada and if they are denied entry at the border for some reason, your application is gone. If an interview is required for inland, you may also have to wait a long time for it. The inland application would be sent to Vegreville and if all goes well, you would get a first stage approval, usually in 6 to 8 months. The current processing times can be seen here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#perm_res Then the file is forwarded to your local CIC office where you live and they will contact you for a landing appointment. Getting the PR with inland usually takes 12-18 months. If an interview is required for inland, Vegreville will not give first stage approval but instead will forward the application to the local CIC office without it and you will have to wait for them to have time for your interview. In some cases that can take a year or two. If you do get the first stage approval, your spouse will usually be eligible for health care and an open work permit. It is actually a good idea when applying inland to send an application form for a visit visa extension as well as the open work permit to be given at first stage approval all in one package so it's tied together.

Which method to pick depends on your situation. If your spouses country of nationality has a long processing time or your spouse does not want to have to travel there for a possible interview, then inland is the way to go. For faster processing and freedom of travel during the processing time, outland would be better. You can find the application forms for inland at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp and the application forms for outland at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

Avoiding potential problems with your application

The most common reason for people to be called for an interview is that the visa officer has doubts about the relationship being genuine. It is up to you to send immigration some quality data, emails, chat logs, phone records, photos, letters and other material to prove to them that your relationship is the real thing. Other reasons you might have problems with is eligibility of the sponsor. The sponsor can not be on social assistance, can not be bankrupt and can not have a record of violent crimes or crimes against family members. If that is the case, better talk to a lawyer and get that cleared up before attempting to apply.

Dependent children

If your spouse has dependent children, they must be included in the PR application, even if they are not coming to Canada. They will need to have medicals as well to keep the option open to sponsor them later. The only way that immigration will accept the application without those medicals is if the children are no longer minors and refuse to have it or if the children are in the full custody of their other parent who refuses to make them available for medicals. In that case, your spouse needs to sign a statement stating that they know that they will never be able to sponsor these children to Canada in the future.

Dependent children are classified as single and either under 22 years of age or if they are older, they must have been full time students since before age 22 or dependent on their parent due to a disability or medical problem.

Refusals due to income and medicals

You will be asked to provide information about your income but you will not be denied to sponsor your spouse and dependent children because you do not make enough money. It is possible though that if you make absolutely no money at all that immigration may ask you how you plan to support yourselves.

Spouses and dependent children are also exempt from the clause about excessive demand on health care so you do not have to worry about them being refused for that reason.

Sponsoring your spouse while living in another country

If you are a Canadian citizen, you can sponsor your spouse without being in Canada but you do then have to prove that you are planning on moving to Canada when your spouse gets approved for permanent residency. Such proof can include having arranged jobs, being accepted to college, having arranged housing or letters from friends & relatives stating that they know of your plans and that you can stay with them while you look for housing etc.

If you are a PR, you must reside in Canada in order to sponsor your spouse. You can chance short vacations (remember that a Canadian vacation is generally no longer than 2 weeks) but if immigration finds out that you are not in Canada, you risk getting your application refused.

Reactions: lccliff

Nneoma.muna

Dec 13, 2018
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Nomination.....
Sk
AOR Received.
06-04-2019
Med's Request
10-09-2019
Med's Done....
26-10-2019
Passport Req..
26-04-2021
LANDED..........
30-04-2021
So CIC received my pnp (SINP) in Jan 31st 2019, I got AOR in April and I got medical request 7months later sept 10th 2019.
My issue is I sent add-on documents for my spouse to be included in my application since 27th of Aug, but until now he hasn’t been included in my application and I already got medical request. Has anyone experienced something like this and what is the solution?

lccliff

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Richmond, BC
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
19-03-2019
AOR Received.
17-04-2019
File Transfer...
23-05-2019
Med's Request
09-05-2019
Med's Done....
23-05-2019
I just need to go to sign some important documents. I am the principal applicant and my visitor visa is going to expire in 2024. Should I call Immigration and let them know that i have to travel to romania? Thank you so much.
It's a complicated answer. Technically inland applicants must remain in canada. However, others have been ok to leave for short periods of time and return. The problem will occur when you return. Even with a valid TRV/visitor visa you are not GUARANTEED reentry. You can be denied for various reasons. If you get denied, your application is considered abandoned. If you make it through, you're ok. It's risky. I don't imagine calling them makes any difference. Personally, I wouldn't risk it.

Make sure you search forums for more info. I'm just repeating what I've read.

Roxy c

Apr 19, 2019
I really need to go to Romania because i m selling my apartment and i have to be there. I will probably call and let them know that i will travel to romania. Thank you again for taking the time to help me!

lccliff

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Richmond, BC
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
19-03-2019
AOR Received.
17-04-2019
File Transfer...
23-05-2019
Med's Request
09-05-2019
Med's Done....
23-05-2019
I really need to go to Romania because i m selling my apartment and i have to be there. I will probably call and let them know that i will travel to romania. Thank you again for taking the time to help me!
Good luck! I hope it works out. Please post about your experience when you return to add to the information database!

Reactions: Roxy c

Roxy c

Apr 19, 2019
Good luck! I hope it works out. Please post about your experience when you return to add to the information database!
Of course. It only took 40 days to get an AOR so we are very happy with that. I also included an OWP with my app so i hope i get to work soon. Have a great day!