17-04-2019
File Transfer...
23-05-2019
Med's Request
09-05-2019
Med's Done....
23-05-2019
Hello All,

I am a Permanent Resident of Canada and want to start the spousal sponsorship application for my wife in Outland Category. I have a question regarding the process.

I read about the process and it seems that we need to create two sets of documents , one for the sponsor and one for the applicant. Some forms need signatures from both of us and I will be in my Country before starting the application and hence get her signatures done .

I want to ask, could I put both the sets with respective checklists in one package and mail it together for both of us from here in Canada ?

I tried to scroll through some pages of this thread to get an answer but couldn't dare to go through all the pages. So please don't mind my ignorance.

Thanks!

Regards,
Gaurav
Yes. You must mail it as one package together.

Reactions: gauravmlal

gauravmlal

Jun 8, 2018
Category........
Yes. You must mail it as one package together.
Appreciate your response!
A couple of more questions , since I will be communicating with IRCC on my spouse's behalf , does that make me her " unpaid" representative ? If that is the case then she has to declare me as a representative and neither she nor I will be able to link the application to our respective GCkey accounts ?

Last edited:

lccliff

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Richmond, BC
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
19-03-2019
AOR Received.
17-04-2019
File Transfer...
23-05-2019
Med's Request
09-05-2019
Med's Done....
23-05-2019
Appreciate your response!
A couple of more questions , since I will be communicating with IRCC on my spouse's behalf , does that make me her " unpaid" representative ? If that is the case then she has to declare me as a representative and neither she nor I will be able to link the application to our respective GCkey accounts ?

Regards,
Gaurav
Not sure what you mean by "communicating for" your partner. There isn't much communication going on LOL. You file the papers and wait. I think the representative would be a lawyer for people who go that route. Someone else might want to chime in??

gauravmlal

Jun 8, 2018
Category........
Not sure what you mean by "communicating for" your partner. There isn't much communication going on LOL. You file the papers and wait. I think the representative would be a lawyer for people who go that route. Someone else might want to chime in??
No, I will be doing it for us, no lawyer. But there is a provision that we can link our applications to our CIC account so that we can get timely updates if any.
So my question should be like , do principal applicant have to declare the sponsor as a representative ? Since I will be sending the mail from my Canadian address and she is in home country, so should she declare that I can respond to any communication or query from IRCC (if any ) on her behalf ?

I hope my question make sense :|

Last edited:

lccliff

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Richmond, BC
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
19-03-2019
AOR Received.
17-04-2019
File Transfer...
23-05-2019
Med's Request
09-05-2019
Med's Done....
23-05-2019
No, I will be doing it for us, no lawyer. But there is a provision that we can link our applications to our CIC account so that we can get timely updates if any.
So my question should be like , do principal applicant have to declare the sponsor as a representative ? Since I will be sending the mail from my Canadian address and she is in home country, so should she declare that I can respond to any communication or query from IRCC (if any ) on her behalf ?

I hope my question make sense :|

Regards,
Gaurav
No not at all. Just send it in with your email addresses filled in so you get your messages...you'll login to your account on ecas and GcKey eventually and you'll see everything. No need to declare yourself a rep.

gauravmlal

Jun 8, 2018
Category........
No not at all. Just send it in with your email addresses filled in so you get your messages...you'll login to your account on ecas and GcKey eventually and you'll see everything. No need to declare yourself a rep.
You are Awesome!

Thank you!

Logged-in into this awesome forum after a while and re-lived those good old days when I used to help and get help from some awesome people in the days of my PR process :D
Just names change .. spirit remains the same :)

Last edited:

lccliff

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Richmond, BC
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
19-03-2019
AOR Received.
17-04-2019
File Transfer...
23-05-2019
Med's Request
09-05-2019
Med's Done....
23-05-2019
You are Awesome!

Thank you!

Logged-in into this awesome forum after a while and re-lived those good old days when I used to help and get help from some awesome people in the days of my PR process :D
Just names change .. spirit remains the same :)

Regards,
Gaurav
Cheers! We are all in this nightmare together LOL

gauravmlal

Jun 8, 2018
Category........
Cheers! We are all in this nightmare together LOL
Indeed , it is no comfort at all. Had an anxious second half of 2018 and early 2019 .... will have to go through the same endless race against time for another marathon process.
So yes, will be needing more of such comforting posts :D Cheers!

Reactions: lccliff

empress09

Aug 12, 2019
Hello all,
I have applied for spouse visa on July 11th and it reached immigration office on July 15th, but didn’t receive any update regarding the process.
Can any one please help me with the timeline like how long for file number, medicals ....
Thank you
You can check our timeline for your reference:

June 10
- Submitted Spouse Sponsorship application via Canadapost
June 13 - IRCC received the application (tracked via Canapost & with signature)
August 1 - My husband received an email from IRCC that they received our application last June 13 (has application # & UCI)
-Checked CAS tool - IN PROCESS for both Sponsorship & PR Application Status
August 9 - I received Biometrics Instruction Letter thru email from IRCC
- Checked CAS tool - DECISION MADE for Sponsorship & IN PROCESS for PR Application Status
August 12 - IRCC emailed my husband that he was eligible to sponsor
August 12 - IRCC emailed me the Medical Examination Instruction
August 13 - Biometrics Done!
August 16 - Medical Exam Done! (IOM Manila Health Center Makati)
August 25 - Medical Results have been received by IRCC and passed the medical exam.
August 30 - Checked CAS tool - IRCC started processing Principal Applicant's application (Permanent Residence)

atit

Jan 20, 2014
My received date is June 10 and haven’t received any AOR yet. I have called CIC 10 times but no luck. Anyone is waiting too?

gauravmlal

Jun 8, 2018
Category........
Hi All,
I have a question regarding original document submission for spousal sponsorship. For instance birth certificate , in case birth certificate was registered late , the original document has to be supported by other original documents. So if we send our original documents to IRCC , how do we get them back from them ?
Anybody has any insight or personal experience in this regard.

Last edited:

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Hi All,
I have a question regarding original document submission for spousal sponsorship. For instance birth certificate , in case birth certificate was registered late , the original document has to be supported by other original documents. So if we send our original documents to IRCC , how do we get them back from them ?
Anybody has any insight or personal experience in this regard.

Regards,
Gaurav
The only "original" document to submit is PCC. All others are photocopies.

JohnnyToronto

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
Can I ask how long to expect to receive notification of receipt of the application in Sydney to set up the account online? My & my wife's application was received July 18, 2019. I'm sponsoring her to come from Colombia.

Gracias!