+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

ZainabAbbasA

Aug 17, 2019
Hi

I am currently 26 but living in Pakistan with my mother who is a Canadian PR. She is unable to leave me alone here because of cultural and political situation in the country. I just finished studies and still financially dependent on my mother. Two of my sisters are already Canadian and two are married but living in Pakistan separate from us two.
I would appreciate any suggestions. Please note that I’m having tough luck to get selected under express entry too.
When applying for my mother’s PR back in 2014 I was not made part of that application and at that time I was 22 and most probably qualified as dependent at that time.
Is there any way now that I can apply to be considered at the lockedin date as dependent.
Since I’m unmarried, and dependent and living alone with my mother!!?

Appreciate any help! Thanks

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
Hi

I am currently 26 but living in Pakistan with my mother who is a Canadian PR. She is unable to leave me alone here because of cultural and political situation in the country. I just finished studies and still financially dependent on my mother. Two of my sisters are already Canadian and two are married but living in Pakistan separate from us two.
I would appreciate any suggestions. Please note that I’m having tough luck to get selected under express entry too.
When applying for my mother’s PR back in 2014 I was not made part of that application and at that time I was 22 and most probably qualified as dependent at that time.
Is there any way now that I can apply to be considered at the lockedin date as dependent.
Since I’m unmarried, and dependent and living alone with my mother!!?

Appreciate any help! Thanks
So some of your family members who already have PR in canada are all living in Pakistan. You now want Canadian PR but was never included in your mother's original application as a dependent ? I dont think you can just arbitrarily 5 years later add your name as a dependent now but I could be wrong. Immigration will have many questions as to why your name was never included in the original submission.

empress09

Aug 12, 2019
Hi, did you send the original translated proof of contact or just a photocopy? Thanks!
Hi, we sent the screenshots of our messenger convo to docbase.ca then they after the translated it, they scanned the copy with seal and stamp (Certified Translation). We just printed what they sent us.

empress09

Aug 12, 2019
Hi, Does anyone here had their documents translated by Docbase? Is it legit?
Their rate is lesser compared to others so I am thinking of having my documents translated by them
Yes, it's legit. We asked them to translate our fb messenger convo since we used Tagalog to communicate. They included a certificate and stamp & seal in the document. It was accepted by IRCC.

empress09

Aug 12, 2019
Hi guys, can social media chats/messgaes be certified? I mean there’s really no original hard copy how can it be certified true copy? Thanks!
Yes, we used our fb messenger convo screenshots and have it translated by docbase.ca. They provided certificate, certified true copy seal and stamp.

empress09

Aug 12, 2019
Hi,
Your application is processed quite soon. If u can share the the documents and the format of letter of explanation it would be great helpful.Thanks in advance
Hi, yes we're blessed that it our application was processed quite soon. Here are the documents I submitted:

We submitted all requirements stated in the Checklist. But to be specific, here are the documents we submitted for Proof of Relationship:
-20 printed photographs (Wedding, Engagement, Family Vacation & Gatherings that we're together since we're bf/gf in 2013)
-Screenshots (Facebook posts with comments from friends/family that recognize our relationship, FB Profile with 'Married' Status
-Wedding Suppliers Receipts
-Church Membership Certificate
-Money Remittance Receipts (since we don't have children yet, did not co-habit & no joint bank account)
-FB Messenger Conversations (you need to have it translated if you converse in tagalog; docbase.ca)
-Love Letters I gave my husband when we're still bf/gf

Let me know if what part in the Checklist you have other questions.

empress09

Aug 12, 2019
[UPDATE]

Hi Everyone,

I'm from the Philippines and my husband is a Permanent Resident in Canada. Here's our timeline as of the moment:

June 10 - Submitted Spouse Sponsorship application via Canadapost
June 13 - IRCC received the application (tracked via Canapost & with signature)
August 1 - My husband received an email from IRCC that they received our application last June 13 (has application # & UCI)
-Checked CAS tool - IN PROCESS for both Sponsorship & PR Application Status​
August 9 - I received Biometrics Instruction Letter thru email from IRCC
- Checked CAS tool - DECISION MADE for Sponsorship & IN PROCESS for PR Application Status​
August 12 - IRCC emailed my husband that he was eligible to sponsor
August 12 - IRCC emailed me the Medical Examination Instruction
August 13 - Biometrics Done!
August 16 - Medical Exam Done! (IOM Manila Health Center Makati)

As of now, we're waiting for IRCC to receive the medical results. I believe if they receive this, CAS tool will change the status in Permanent Residency to DECISION MADE.

We're expecting an email from IRCC around August 27 or 29 that they received the medical results.

After 1 month, we're expecting that they will email us for the Visa Stamping instruction.

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
[UPDATE]

Hi Everyone,

I'm from the Philippines and my husband is a Permanent Resident in Canada. Here's our timeline as of the moment:

June 10 - Submitted Spouse Sponsorship application via Canadapost
June 13 - IRCC received the application (tracked via Canapost & with signature)
August 1 - My husband received an email from IRCC that they received our application last June 13 (has application # & UCI)
-Checked CAS tool - IN PROCESS for both Sponsorship & PR Application Status​
August 9 - I received Biometrics Instruction Letter thru email from IRCC
- Checked CAS tool - DECISION MADE for Sponsorship & IN PROCESS for PR Application Status​
August 12 - IRCC emailed my husband that he was eligible to sponsor
August 12 - IRCC emailed me the Medical Examination Instruction
August 13 - Biometrics Done!
August 16 - Medical Exam Done! (IOM Manila Health Center Makati)

As of now, we're waiting for IRCC to receive the medical results. I believe if they receive this, CAS tool will change the status in Permanent Residency to DECISION MADE.

We're expecting an email from IRCC around August 27 or 29 that they received the medical results.

After 1 month, we're expecting that they will email us for the Visa Stamping instruction.
The next update should say "medical results have been received" not to be negative but it can take up to 3 months to hear back from CIC for next step. You should hear back from them before that. Good luck with everything! You guys are on the right track!

empress09

Aug 12, 2019
The next update should say "medical results have been received" not to be negative but it can take up to 3 months to hear back from CIC for next step. You should hear back from them before that. Good luck with everything! You guys are on the right track!
It only took 1 month for our friend last May when they received the Visa stamping instruction after their medical. So we're expecting this September. Will give update again in this forum once we received email from IRCC.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Hi, yes we're blessed that it our application was processed quite soon. Here are the documents I submitted:

We submitted all requirements stated in the Checklist. But to be specific, here are the documents we submitted for Proof of Relationship:
-20 printed photographs (Wedding, Engagement, Family Vacation & Gatherings that we're together since we're bf/gf in 2013)
-Screenshots (Facebook posts with comments from friends/family that recognize our relationship, FB Profile with 'Married' Status
-Wedding Suppliers Receipts
-Church Membership Certificate
-Money Remittance Receipts (since we don't have children yet, did not co-habit & no joint bank account)
-FB Messenger Conversations (you need to have it translated if you converse in tagalog; docbase.ca)
-Love Letters I gave my husband when we're still bf/gf

Let me know if what part in the Checklist you have other questions.
Hi, quick questions
- Money Remittance Receipts: There is only one remittance post our marriage (we just got married 2 months back). Is that sufficient?
- FB Messenger Conversations: We have whatsapp chat. What I am confused about is - from what date to what date should this conversation be printed? We have been chatting on whatsapp since years now so should be most recent first? Secondly, can call logs history be sufficient instead of chat? 95% we are on facetime.

empress09

Aug 12, 2019
Hi, quick questions
- Money Remittance Receipts: There is only one remittance post our marriage (we just got married 2 months back). Is that sufficient?
- FB Messenger Conversations: We have whatsapp chat. What I am confused about is - from what date to what date should this conversation be printed? We have been chatting on whatsapp since years now so should be most recent first? Secondly, can call logs history be sufficient instead of chat? 95% we are on facetime.
Hi there!

For money remittance, I'm not sure if 1 remittance receipt would be enough. For us, even before we got married, he was sending money to me to pay for our Car loan that was in my name and also for our church wedding expenses. Maybe what you can do is inquire for insurance or if your husband can send you money remittances every cut off. That's what my husband did since 2017 until now (twice a month).

-For the proof of contact, we chose the first convo we had last 2013 when we became bf/gf then next 2014, 2015, and so on, so forth until recently when he went back to canada after our civil wedding. Make sure to choose sweet messages or conversations that talk about being together soon. Something like that.
We haven't used call logs in our application but I think you can include this as additional proof. You may refer to the checklist if they indicated call logs as part of proof of contact. I dont have a copy now so you can double check.

Reactions: DiNaV

lion.com

Jul 16, 2019
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
04-07-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-10-2019
Hi, quick questions
We attached 22 pages of chat from what’s up starting from 2013 and till now... also some screen shots of calls from face time since a couple years.

empress09

Aug 12, 2019
Anybody knows that how long CIC will take time after Medical in spous visa?
Our friend applied last March and her husband did the medical on April 16, IRCC received the medical results on April 25 then they received Visa Stamping Instructions by June 12. There was a bit delay because they did not pay the Biometrics Fee right away.

Poem

Aug 5, 2019
Hi

My husband has applied for my PR in Jan 2019. Medical, Police verification, bio metrics is done. After medical results received there is no update on the website. Received Pre-arrival services email on 15th August 2019, What does this mean? Is the PR approved? What will be next step? By when can I receive Visa.

It would be great if anyone could update me on this.