+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

eolofernes

Jul 23, 2019
Hi Jinkydo, I'm also from the Philippines and my husband is PR in Canada. We just submitted our Spouse Sponsorship last June. This is what we did:

1. After getting the marriage certificate from PSA, I renewed my passport in DFA to change my marital status and surname. For other IDs, like Driver's License and UMID, I didn't change it. I also created new Gmail account with my married name.

2. For the Proof of Relationship, we submitted all requirements stated in the Checklist. But to be specific, here are the documents we submitted:
-20 printed photographs (Wedding, Engagement, Family Vacation & Gatherings that we're together since we're bf/gf in 2013)
-Screenshots (Facebook posts with comments from friends/family that recognize our relationship, FB Profile with 'Married' Status
-Wedding Suppliers Receipts
-Church Membership Certificate
-Money Remittance Receipts (since we don't have children yet, did not co-habit & no joint bank account)
-FB Messenger Conversations (you need to have it translated if you converse in tagalog; docbase.ca)
-Love Letters I gave my husband when we're still bf/gf

3. For the forms, I printed the pages of the forms that needed my signature and I sent it to Canada via DHL. When my husband received it, he compiled it with all the forms we filled out thru pdf.

We submitted the application via Canadapost last June 10, then June 13, it was received by a representative from IRCC office.

As of the moment, we're still waiting for the email from IRCC if my husband is Eligible to Sponsor and Medical Instruction.

Hope this helps.
Hi, did you send the original translated proof of contact or just a photocopy? Thanks!

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
Hello I ordered my GCMS notes in july and its been over 31 days now. Is there a way I can track them with my tracking number? Or can I only email them ans ask the status?

revs_oo

Aug 13, 2019
Hi!

Anyone from here that would help me to decide which from common Law and or conjugal partnership we are in?

My boyfriend and I, had been together for almost 7 years (to be exact its 91st months in Long distance relationship). But in our 7 years in LDR he went home here in Philippines for Four Times. He stayed with me all his vacation. He's separated from his wife 11 years ago and they had their separation Impact from the Philippines and they went to Canada together with his three children as separated in all papers or documents.

And now he is planning to sponsor me here in Philippines but we don't know which category were in.

As much as possible we want to make it as DIY process because from the past 7 years we don't have any savings yet.

but still after the process when we successfully made this process we are planning to take an action like divorce by helping each other.

hope you understand and sorry for the wrong grammar.

anyway he is PR and been in Canada for 8 years.

Thank you in Advance

Pruthvi

Sep 17, 2017
Question, I am Permanent Resident(Canada) currently on a vacation i have been in India from last 3 months now i want to apply my Spouse PR under family class, can i send the documents to CPC - Sydney when i am staying in India or need to send these documents once i reach back to Canada. if i can mail it from India do the application is going to reject? or i can mail from India with Canadian address from india?

Siddharth07

Jul 21, 2015
I got my wife's TRV approved while her PR file is in process. And I'm a PR in Canada. I would recommend you should try for the TRV
HI Navbajaj, I'm going to apply for PR for my wife but she also wants to work in the meantime instead of sitting at home for 6-7 months. Can you share your process? Did you apply for PR after she arrived in Canada or from outside? How many months did you wait for TRV to come in?

Thanks and much appreciated
Sid

Siddharth07

Jul 21, 2015
The complete process takes around 6 months on normal time without exceptions. I would think around two more months in your case. Refer to the spreadsheet where others have posted and track the timelines.
Hi 'The Arsenal'
I am a Permanent Resident and applying for PR for my wife and I'm thinking of going in the same route as you:
Spousal Sponsorship (Work Permit and PR) - Inland

My wife is in India currently so I'm thinking of getting her on a visitor visa and then apply for Inland PR along with Work visa simultaneously. Can you please share your process? I can call you if that is more easier for you. Appreciate your guidance!

Best,
Sid

eolofernes

Jul 23, 2019
Hi, Does anyone here had their documents translated by Docbase? Is it legit?
Their rate is lesser compared to others so I am thinking of having my documents translated by them

vidya123222

Aug 13, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I'm from the Philippines and my husband is a Permanent Resident in Canada. Here's our timeline as of the moment:

June 10 - Submitted Spouse Sponsorship application via Canadapost
June 13 - IRCC received the application (tracked via Canapost & with signature)
August 1 - My husband received an email from IRCC that they received our application last June 13 (has application # & UCI)
-Checked CAS tool - IN PROCESS for both Sponsorship & PR Application Status​
August 9 - I received Biometrics Instruction Letter thru email from IRCC
- Checked CAS tool - DECISION MADE for Sponsorship & IN PROCESS for PR Application Status​

For now, we're still waiting for IRCC's email. Based from a friend in Canada who also submitted spouse sponsorship application, after she received the AoR, it only took a week then she received an email that she is eligible to sponsor and her husband also received the Medical Instruction letter.

Will update here once we received an email from IRCC. :)
Hi,
Your application is processed quite soon. If u can share the the documents and the format of letter of explanation it would be great helpful.Thanks in advance

vidya123222

Aug 13, 2019
Hello folks, my app reached 25th feb 2019 and i see "decision made" under application sponsorship status when i check the status of my app online.

Does it mean i got sponsorship approval or something wrong with my app?
Hi Gaurav,

So did you get your PPR request or still waiting.

Ander

Feb 18, 2019
Good day everyone thing to find out how long does it take to get a respond after doing biometric??