AOR Received.
17-04-2019
File Transfer...
23-05-2019
Med's Request
09-05-2019
Med's Done....
23-05-2019
Hi everyone! I am gathering docs to apply for Spousal Sponsorship and have a couple of questions, would be super grateful if someone can help.
1. I have heard that pictures cannot be photoshopped, I do love editing (filters etc.)and don't usually keep the original photo. Can I send photoshopped pictures?
2. We have 3 letters from his mom, a neighbor and from the best friend. We put their contact info and passport pages. But my friend's application (they applied under common law) was returned cause letters were not notarized. Should we do that to avoid possible delays?
Thank you so much for your help!
1. I think it stands to reason that "photoshopping" here refers more to doctoring photos to include or omit people for example. They would have no reason to be concerned with filters.
2. I sent letters not notarized and it was accepted. I think the need to have letters notarized may have been from an older application package. But...there are differing opinions on that throughout this site. Maybe you should contact IRCC to be sure.

Reactions: Anna007

Itza1979

Jan 20, 2019
hello everybody!
How long does it take for you to hear any news after submitting police checks?? I submitted mine back on July 8th and I don't know what to expect after that.
Any guidance will be highly appreciated.

Itza1979

Jan 20, 2019
Oh lol. This is where I heard about it. Just google the MP for the area you live. I just emailed (I suppose you could call too) mine on Friday so haven't heard back yet. People on here swear it takes 7 days and is free. We'll see ‍♀
what's MP?

lccliff

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Richmond, BC
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
19-03-2019
AOR Received.
17-04-2019
File Transfer...
23-05-2019
Med's Request
09-05-2019
Med's Done....
23-05-2019
hello everybody!
How long does it take for you to hear any news after submitting police checks?? I submitted mine back on July 8th and I don't know what to expect after that.
I'm sure if they now have everything they need from you, you are waiting for it to all be processed. Depends on your unique app and visa office. Anywhere from weeks to months before you hear from them next!

The Arsenal

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
hello everybody!
The complete process takes around 6 months on normal time without exceptions. I would think around two more months in your case. Refer to the spreadsheet where others have posted and track the timelines.

lccliff

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Richmond, BC
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
19-03-2019
AOR Received.
17-04-2019
File Transfer...
23-05-2019
Med's Request
09-05-2019
Med's Done....
23-05-2019
The complete process takes around 6 months on normal time without exceptions. I would think around two more months in your case. Refer to the spreadsheet where others have posted and track the timelines.
This would only be the case for Missisauga applicants. I WISH 6 months was the norm for everyone

Ori2314

Mar 4, 2019
Abu Dhabi
Category........
App. Filed.......
25-12-2018
Doc's Request.
28-02-2019
Med's Request
28-02-2019
Med's Done....
02-03-2019
Hi,

I have submitted my outland spousal application in January. Last update status since April from IRCC:
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Can you please explain what could be the reason for staying at the same status for approximately 5 months and when i can expect the PPR.

Thanks

lccliff

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Richmond, BC
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
19-03-2019
AOR Received.
17-04-2019
File Transfer...
23-05-2019
Med's Request
09-05-2019
Med's Done....
23-05-2019
Hi,

I have submitted my outland spousal application in January. Last update status since April from IRCC:
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Can you please explain what could be the reason for staying at the same status for approximately 5 months and when i can expect the PPR.

Thanks
What's your Visa office and did your file get transferred yet?

Ori2314

Mar 4, 2019
Abu Dhabi
Category........
App. Filed.......
25-12-2018
Doc's Request.
28-02-2019
Med's Request
28-02-2019
Med's Done....
02-03-2019
What's your Visa office and did your file get transferred yet?
To be honest I don't know my visa office. I just keep checking the application GCKEY online.

lccliff

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Richmond, BC
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
19-03-2019
AOR Received.
17-04-2019
File Transfer...
23-05-2019
Med's Request
09-05-2019
Med's Done....
23-05-2019
To be honest I don't know my visa office. I just keep checking the application GCKEY online.
Ecas is better for real time updates I think. GcKey is deceptively still. You'll need to know your visa office to get an accurate timeline. Check ecas and let us know what you see.

I.Jahan

Jul 20, 2019
Visa Office......
Singapore
Hi everyone. Greetings!
While checking my supporting documents i just noticed that in our original Marriage certificate and Marriage deed there are some spelling mistakes. Also in both of the documents there is a colon : in my husband’s name which he doesn’t use while writing his name. It's "MD" and in context of our culture ppl usually write a colon after "MD". Maybe that's why they wrote it like this. So my question is, are these spelling mistakes and style of writing his name any problem? As these are original docs, we cannot modify anything. So should we give an explanation for these or just leave as it is? My file's last update is AoR2 from local visa office. Your concrete suggestion is much appreciated.

Last edited:

Kavvi

Aug 6, 2019
Hello All,
Need your help!
My husband is a Canadian citizen and we married this year in India...I am an Indian. we had applied for an open work permit as soon as we were married which got rejected and the reason they stated was "Canadian govt is not convinced that I would return back to my country after the visa expires. We then consulted an immigration Lawyer who suggested to apply PR under spousal sponsorship and apply visitor visa while PR is in process. We submitted our application on 19th July but haven't got the file number yet (lawyer said we can apply for visitor visa only after we receive the file number) Any idea how long does it take to receive the file#? Also do we have anyone in this group who has applied for PR as well as the visitor visa...if yes, please share your experience? PS: we submitted application offline.

lion.com

Jul 16, 2019
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
04-07-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-10-2019
Hello All,
Need your help!
My husband is a Canadian citizen and we married this year in India...I am an Indian. we had applied for an open work permit as soon as we were married which got rejected and the reason they stated was "Canadian govt is not convinced that I would return back to my country after the visa expires. We then consulted an immigration Lawyer who suggested to apply PR under spousal sponsorship and apply visitor visa while PR is in process. We submitted our application on 19th July but haven't got the file number yet (lawyer said we can apply for visitor visa only after we receive the file number) Any idea how long does it take to receive the file#? Also do we have anyone in this group who has applied for PR as well as the visitor visa...if yes, please share your experience? PS: we submitted application offline.
for me personally to get file number it took 9 weeks. For some I read here up to 4 months... you are worrying too early. I think you can apply for visitor visa, but to me, it is high chances it may be refused. But there is always a chance, you just need to provide strong ties with your home country....

Kavvi

Aug 6, 2019
for me personally to get file number it took 9 weeks. For some I read here up to 4 months... you are worrying too early. I think you can apply for visitor visa, but to me, it is high chances it may be refused. But there is always a chance, you just need to provide strong ties with your home country....