+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

afsheen khan

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
I don't know what it says. If you explain what they are asking for you may get some guidance.
Your divorce does not appear to be in accordance with the MFLO because, by your own admission, you did not notify the Union Council of a divorce and a 90 day period of reconciliation did not take place. I have also given consideration to the fact you state that this was a divorce of mutual consent and therefore arbitration was not required in your case. In this regard, I note that your ex-spouse did not sign the notice of divorce on file and it does not appear to be a mutual consent declaration. Regardless, a divorce by mutual consent would also have to have been communicated to the Union Council at the time it had taken place and whilst arbitration may not take place, the divorce would still not become effective until after the 90 day period and a certificate would be issued to you. I therefore have concerns that you were not free to marry the sponsor and that at the time of your marriage you were the spouse of another person and excluded from the family class as per

afsheen khan

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
Just describe what it says.
this is their concerns below
In addition to the above, based on the assessment of your information, including your application and the supporting documentation, I also have some concerns regarding your relationship to your sponsor. The match between you and your sponsor does appear unusual in the cultural context given that you are 11 years older than the sponsor and previously married with two children. I also note you met for the first time in September 2016 yet it appears unusual you would not have been known to one another before this time given you have both always lived in the same village. I also note that you appear to have only held one marriage ceremony and it does not appear that other traditional ceremonies such as Mehndi and Rukhsati took place. There is also limited evidence of your communication with one another when apart.

There is also limited evidence to establish the relationship between you and your accompanying children given that the birth certificates on file were issued in 2017 and therefore some years after your children were born.

Before I make a final decision, I would like to give you an opportunity to please submit further evidence you wish in support of your application in order to address the above concerns. With specific regard to the relationship with your children please submit any records of the children’s births when they took place such as hospital records and any other evidence to establish the relationship, such as educational documents/certificates.

Shehzad.P

May 2, 2019
Your divorce does not appear to be in accordance with the MFLO because, by your own admission, you did not notify the Union Council of a divorce and a 90 day period of reconciliation did not take place. I have also given consideration to the fact you state that this was a divorce of mutual consent and therefore arbitration was not required in your case. In this regard, I note that your ex-spouse did not sign the notice of divorce on file and it does not appear to be a mutual consent declaration. Regardless, a divorce by mutual consent would also have to have been communicated to the Union Council at the time it had taken place and whilst arbitration may not take place, the divorce would still not become effective until after the 90 day period and a certificate would be issued to you. I therefore have concerns that you were not free to marry the sponsor and that at the time of your marriage you were the spouse of another person and excluded from the family class as per
Weren't you issued a divorce registration certificate by Union Council? What proof did you include of your divorce?

afsheen khan

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
but whoever made the divorce dead they said there is no need for the wife signature so that's why the signature is missing there.
thank you so much for your response

Shehzad.P

May 2, 2019
I did included but it was from Nadra registration certificate and also divorce dead form both side.
So the certificate from union council actually shows the date of notice of divorce and date of failure of conciliation which is of after 90 days which is also the date of effectiveness of divorce.
I'm not sure how you're gonna prove that without this certificate from union council. Strongly suggest that you get in touch with a professional lawyer on this.

Prishe

Jun 19, 2019
Hello guys I am planning to apply for my student visa from Nepal..I want you to help me. So the thing is my consultants have told me to apply for spouse visa after my student visa gets approved but we want to go together. Is it possible if he can accompany me in visit visa and after we reach Canada can he apply for open work Permit?

ticainland

Jun 5, 2019
Hello everybody!

My husband is Canadian citizenship by birth. I'm applying as her spouse through the Sponsorship in land (Canada Class). I submitted my application on June 6th, 2019 and was received on June 7th, 2019 (still waiting). I know that through that category you SHOULD NOT leave Canada.

Now, my husband will have to leave the country in September for the matter of work but only for 5 days. And here are my questions:

1. Does he (as the sponsor) could leave the country for 5 days and come back without any issues?
2. Since he is leaving for work, could I accompanying him or that would risk application?
3. I came on April 29th and my visitor visa will expire on October 29. Should I apply for an extension?
4. If everything goes ok, I should receive the OWP before September:
a. Does that allow me to go with him and come back?
b. Should I still apply for an extension of my visitor visa?
3. Is there any way to check my paper application online? or it is too early to do that? I was expecting an email.
My husband is Canadian citizenship by birth. I'm applying as her spouse through the Sponsorship in land (Canada Class). I submitted my application on June 6th, 2019 and was received on June 7th, 2019 (still waiting). I know that through that category you SHOULD NOT leave Canada.

Now, my husband will have to leave the country in September for the matter of work but only for 5 days. And here are my questions:

1. Does he (as the sponsor) could leave the country for 5 days and come back without any issues?
2. Since he is leaving for work, could I accompanying him or that would risk application?
3. I came on April 29th and my visitor visa will expire on October 29. Should I apply for an extension?
4. If everything goes ok, I should receive the OWP before September:
a. Does that allow me to go with him and come back?
b. Should I still apply for an extension of my visitor visa?
3. Is there any way to check my paper application online? or it is too early to do that? I was expecting an email.

Thank you!!

PradipSaha

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Toronto, Canada
App. Filed.......
08-11-2018
Doc's Request.
02-05-2019
AOR Received.
08-11-2018
IELTS Request
24-05-2018
File Transfer...
12-12-2018
Med's Request
07-05-2019
Med's Done....
10-05-2019
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
LANDED..........
10-07-2019
No.

Yes.

Depends on where she is and when she applies.

You can write but typing is better, as it is easier to read.
Hi @canuck_in_uk My wife was a initially a non accompanying spouse for my PR application and she had got a UCI, so do we need to quote that UCI in her TRV and in the forms which she needs to submit as the PA for the respective outland spousal sponsorship application?

Kindly suggest