Apr 25, 2019
Calgary, AB
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-08-2019
There's going to be no advantage. Since you're applying inland, inland processing times will apply. You'll need to provide PCCs for everywhere you've lived since 18 and security / background checks will apply to all of these countries.
I know in New Zealand the residency PCC requirement is for every country you've lived in for 1 year or longer in the past 7 years. Are you saying its every country since 18? What constitutes living in terms of time frame?

This is what I'm seeing on the sponsorship form

Police certificates
You (the principal applicant), and any family members 18 or older (who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents), must submit police certificates from the following country or countries with your application:

• The country where you (or they) currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more.
    and

• The country where you (or they) have spent most of your (their) life since the age of 18.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello Folks,

Can you please help me with this question:

I have received the Parents and Grandparents Program Invitation yesterday. My question is

If I put the application to sponsor my parents, will I be able to sponsor my spouse this year as well?

I was filling the form "Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344)" under Sponsor eligibility assessment

It says, "If you answer “Yes” to any question between 5 and 15
  • You are not eligible to be a sponsor. You should not submit an application.
Question 6:
Have you Submitted a previous application in respect of which a final decision has not been made for the person being sponsored and their family members?

Should I be checking YES if my parents' sponsor is still waiting for a final decision. or it should be NO as this is a Spousal Sponsorship. Please help

Thanks,
Note the words "person being sponsored", which is the Principal Applicant. If you are applying to sponsor your spouse, she is the PA and you have not applied to sponsor her before, so the answer would be no.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Note the words "person being sponsored", which is the Principal Applicant. If you are applying to sponsor your spouse, she is the PA and you have not applied to sponsor her before, so the answer would be no.

Thank you so much for clearing this out for me.

Disa

Apr 18, 2019
India
Category........
AOR Received.
28-03-2019
File Transfer...
05-04-2019
Med's Request
02-04-2019
Med's Done....
14-04-2019
I think they send the payment instruction first, you pay and you have to follow the instructions about how and where to send the receipt. This letter is not the biometrics instruction letter, you'll have to wait for it. I got the same.
Yes, but i m still waiting for 15days.no any emails for biometric instruction email☹

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
Does anyone know the wait time right now for Venezuela applicaiton? my wife is from Venezuela. its been 4 months now since medical results been received on January 12, 2019 and still no response from CIC. I'm concern cause my wife passport expires in April 2020 and she needs to be in Canada before November 2019 or even October just incase.

My wife also told me since her passport is expiring soon she might need to leave the country in June 2019 cause she won't be able to travel out of the country anytime after that. They received our application on September 2018.

amis

Star Member
Apr 26, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
Med's Request
23-11-2014
Med's Done....
29-11-2014
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi,
I am applying for TRV for my son who is 1.5 year old from India. Could you please let me know of he needs to get his biometric done.
Thanks.

SandySpence

Nov 6, 2018
My husband's out of country application was submitted by courier a month ago. Any idea how long it takes before we will receive a response and/or biometrics instructions?

Beatkedd

Apr 12, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney& Mexico
Hi,
I am applying for TRV for my son who is 1.5 year old from India. Could you please let me know of he needs to get his biometric done.
Thanks.
He won’t need to do biometrics, only need to be done between ages 14-79

gvalsa

Mar 22, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico VO
Hello, I have a Question. Once I start the process for spousal sponsorship (Outland), Does the communication addressed to the sponsor (Canadian Citizen) is delivered by regular mail or email? is there an option to choose from one or the other? Thanks

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hello, I have a Question. Once I start the process for spousal sponsorship (Outland), Does the communication addressed to the sponsor (Canadian Citizen) is delivered by regular mail or email? is there an option to choose from one or the other? Thanks
If you submit an email address on the form, communications will be by email.

Reactions: michyme

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Does anyone know the wait time right now for Venezuela applicaiton? my wife is from Venezuela. its been 4 months now since medical results been received on January 12, 2019 and still no response from CIC. I'm concern cause my wife passport expires in April 2020 and she needs to be in Canada before November 2019 or even October just incase.

My wife also told me since her passport is expiring soon she might need to leave the country in June 2019 cause she won't be able to travel out of the country anytime after that. They received our application on September 2018.
It takes approximately 12 months to process the application. It is normal that you don't hear from IRCC very often as there is no update.There is no need to concern, just be prepared to wait for some time.

Reactions: michyme

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
My husband's out of country application was submitted by courier a month ago. Any idea how long it takes before we will receive a response and/or biometrics instructions?
It takes approximately 2-3 months to get AOR1. It will take more time to get any further instructions.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hi Guys,

I am an Indian citizen with Canadian PR currently planning to sponsor my spouse under the Family Class.

My question is that do I need to provide photo copies of birth certificate or originals as stated in the document checklist form IMM-5533e under section IDENTITY DOCUMENTS, TRAVEL DOCUMENTS AND PASSPORTS which talks about birth certificates.

Thanks.
You need to send PCC in original. Rest certified copies of the originals to Delhi, please read this for INDIA :--
India – Instruction(s) for documents
  • Birth certificates issued in this country: If a birth is registered late, include the original baptism certificate and other original documents establishing identity such as:
    • Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), and
    • Voter's ID card.
  • For divorces obtained in this country, please submit a complete divorce petition, a judgement and a Final divorce decree.
  • Identity documents for adopted child with Indian passport: If any child on your application was adopted through customary law and not through courts, you must provide an explanation and proof of the adoption, such as:
    • Original adoption deed;
    • Photographs of the adoption ceremony;
    • Power of attorney documents, if applicable;
    • Evidence of contact and financial support with adoptive parents;
    • Letter of no objection from the Central Adoption Resource Agency (CARA), Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India. The guidelines which outline CARA requirements can be found at: www.cara.nic.in
    • For international adoptions, the competent authority of the child's residence and province of intended destination must declare in writing that they approve of the adoption as conforming to the Hague Convention.
  • SUPPLEMENTARY INFO FOR INDIA I had to use IE , NOT CHROME OR FIREFOX TO OPEN this pdf;--
  • https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5562e.pdf

Jeetkamal

May 1, 2019
I got my medical cleared 25 april 2019 , Family class sponsorship (Permanent Resident visa)
How long from here it may take to get Passport request and permanent residency.
TIA

Reactions: Dani2012

Dani2012

Apr 30, 2019
What if I started my application as outside Canada and my husband come to visit me in Canada and stay here? I this case can we change the status of application from outside Canada in to inside Canada or not