+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

peace_lover

Star Member
Oct 14, 2018
Hello! Question about IMM 0008. On the signature box, you can type your name. Does that mean that we need to electronically sign it like IMM 5669 form? There's no instruction on the checklist (like IMM 5669) nor on the Complete Guide (IMM 5289).
Thank you!

Hi! You type the details, take a print out, sign wherever required, scan and again take a print out.

preciouscaitlin

Aug 7, 2013
oman
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Passport Req..
14/04/2017
Hi! It could be a tad longer because of the background checks involved for each individual mentioned in the application.
Thank you, im just wondering my appliation is not yet in their system, my applicatio was received march 4. Should i be concerned about this?

preciouscaitlin

Aug 7, 2013
oman
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Passport Req..
14/04/2017
Not at all! Sometimes they do take more than 45 days to send you the first correspondence. Our’s took a little bit more than 60 days.
Thank you, im just so worried if they received my application or not, or they throw away my file as i didnt write my name on the folder my stupid mistake.

Jmercieca26

Jan 15, 2019
My wife has been in Canada for about 4 months staying with me, can we apply outland/inland if she overstays her allotted 6 months here?

sms1982

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
My wife has been in Canada for about 4 months staying with me, can we apply outland/inland if she overstays her allotted 6 months here?
If you have applied in-land for permanent residency, you have implied status until a decision is made. So you should be ok.

I've applied for common-law sponsorship and my tourist visa extension is good anyway until the end of June 2019. But due to the application I'm good now until a PR decision is made.

lovelyece

Star Member
Nov 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have question about Sponsor's Employment History.

1. In the form imm5532, there is a table for filling Sponsor's Employment History. it has only 5 rows.
What if we cannot cover past 5 years employment history in 5 rows.
Can we add separate paper , having past 5 years employment history.

2. I just came back to Canada, after getting married in my home country and looking for job. Can I apply for Spouse sponsorship , being unemployed. (I mean is there any chance that my application will get rejected).

Thanks...

sms1982

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
I have question about Sponsor's Employment History.

1. In the form imm5532, there is a table for filling Sponsor's Employment History. it has only 5 rows.
What if we cannot cover past 5 years employment history in 5 rows.
Can we add separate paper , having past 5 years employment history.

2. I just came back to Canada, after getting married in my home country and looking for job. Can I apply for Spouse sponsorship , being unemployed. (I mean is there any chance that my application will get rejected).

Thanks...
Relationship Information and Sponsorship Evaluation Form (IMM 5532)
View form IMM 5532 (PDF, 2.21MB)

Use the following instructions to fill out the form. Most of the questions on the form are straightforward and extra instructions have only been given for some questions. You must answer all questions.

If you need more space for any question, attach a separate sheet of paper. Make sure you indicate the section and question you are answering (e.g. Part A, question 1).

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#obligations

I'm unemployed and we've applied to be Sponsored by my GF who's in stable employment. For me it's more about making sure the Sponsor can support the sponsored person financially and otherwise.

Sam1359

Apr 1, 2019
Hello Guys, i’m confused! Can anyone please help me?
I got an email from Fedex that there is a package is going to PR processing center in Sidney from my City! There is nothing mentioned about the package or it was sent from who!!! I checked with Fedex and they weren’t able to clarify it with me( which was very strange) last thing that came to my mind was maybe my husband application was sent to the local visa office where I am living( in Canada) or not and if it is something else? I tried to contact my REP but I think I’m not able to reach them as it’s long weekend! I appreciate in advance