+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Sam1359

Apr 1, 2019
Hello Guys,
We( my husband and I ) sent our application through our lawyer on Dec4/18 and they recived it on Dec5/18. We got my husband file number on Feb 1/19 and 2 days after they asked for medical as well as make a payment for his finger print. He did his medical on feb19/19 and they received it on feb 27/19. We have not heard anything after that for him doing his biometric! My questions is, is anyone here that had the same experience? Also, is it normal for them to take longer to send him for biometric after paying for it? Appreciate it if some one can give me an answer?

Beant04

Apr 1, 2019
Hi there, on my application for spouse sponsorship online status shows decision made on both side since 25th March, What this means and how long I should wait because I have applied via an agent and he is not giving me any information. Thanks

Sam1359

Apr 1, 2019
Hi there, on my application for spouse sponsorship online status shows decision made on both side since 25th March, What this means and how long I should wait because I have applied via an agent and he is not giving me any information. Thanks
Hey, thanks for replying to my question. Yes, that’s a problem because I called my lawyer to give me update on my online application status, but he said we still need to wait and we have at least another 3 or 4 months ahead to get the final result! Did you do biometric? I mean I know it is mandatory right now, but hoping they wouldn’t ask us for doing it! Lol

Beant04

Apr 1, 2019
Hey, thanks for replying to my question. Yes, that’s a problem because I called my lawyer to give me update on my online application status, but he said we still need to wait and we have at least another 3 or 4 months ahead to get the final result! Did you do biometric? I mean I know it is mandatory right now, but hoping they wouldn’t ask us for doing it! Lol
No I have not done any biometric yet

Beant04

Apr 1, 2019
Hi there, I need to give biometric but my partner is overseas and I need to travel to overseas as well. What should I do. Should I visit the immigration centre. Or how long I can wait

Avadh04

Dec 26, 2017
Hi Guys need help please.

My wife got ppr, now question is she got 2 passport. old one is cancelled as she made changes to birthplace and added my name. Now does she has to submit both old canceled passport or just new one.

Your update would be much appreciated.

Good Luck,
Avadh

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Hi Guys need help please.

My wife got ppr, now question is she got 2 passport. old one is cancelled as she made changes to birthplace and added my name. Now does she has to submit both old canceled passport or just new one.

Your update would be much appreciated.

Good Luck,
Avadh
She needs to submit her current valid passport.

Longroadtoimmigration

Sep 19, 2018
App. Filed.......
September 19th 2018
Interview........
I rebuke it ijn
LANDED..........
I shall testify
Guys,
i got email just 1 min ago. it says i have met eligibility as the applicant but in order to continue, they are requesting for a FBI certificate. i was only in the US for 2 months. i thought they will need this if i was there for over 6 months.
Anyway i am confused because i do not know how to go about this. like do i go to the police station to get this done.
i am in Edmonton. Any please help with suggestions.
thanks.
Edit : Copy of my letter
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class. In order to continue processing your application, further information is required. You must complete/submit the following to this office: Name and App Number > Passport/Travel Document: Please provide copy of a valid passport. > Police Certificate - USA: Please provide a copy of an FBI certificate. Please visithttp://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp or contact the Call Centre, toll free, at 1-888-242-2100 for further information on how to obtain a police certificate. If the police certificate indicates any charges and/or convictions, you must also provide court documents detailing the disposition of each charge and the sentence of each conviction. This must be received at this office by: 2019/05/03.

i went to that website but was not too clear

PrincessCRV

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-05-2018
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
Med's Request
20-06-2018
Med's Done....
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
21-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
Guys,
i got email just 1 min ago. it says i have met eligibility as the applicant but in order to continue, they are requesting for a FBI certificate. i was only in the US for 2 months. i thought they will need this if i was there for over 6 months.
Anyway i am confused because i do not know how to go about this. like do i go to the police station to get this done.
i am in Edmonton. Any please help with suggestions.
thanks.
Edit : Copy of my letter
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class. In order to continue processing your application, further information is required. You must complete/submit the following to this office: Name and App Number > Passport/Travel Document: Please provide copy of a valid passport. > Police Certificate - USA: Please provide a copy of an FBI certificate. Please visithttp://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp or contact the Call Centre, toll free, at 1-888-242-2100 for further information on how to obtain a police certificate. If the police certificate indicates any charges and/or convictions, you must also provide court documents detailing the disposition of each charge and the sentence of each conviction. This must be received at this office by: 2019/05/03.

i went to that website but was not too clear
Go to the FBI website https://www.edo.cjis.gov/#/ and complete the electronic application. You will then find someone in Canada (Just google who can do this in your area) who can take your fingerprints using the form provided on the website (printed on standard white card stock). Mail that in to them and they will process it within a few weeks and send you the certificate via email. The steps are explained in detail if you expand the arrows next to each step on the website.

Jackysekar

Apr 3, 2019
  1. We sent you correspondence on April 1, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline allinformation that is required.
Can you any one help out????
What does it mean...

Jfor Jayant

Jun 12, 2018
Hi All,

I got my PR Visa and will be moving to Ontario next month. I had applied for a non-accompanying spouse.

My objective is to sponsor my wife -
Once i move to canada, I am planning to apply for her visitor's visa. I guess it should be done in 1-2 months.

And when she is in Canada, we will apply for her INLAND spousal sponsorship, along with the application for Open Work Permit.

Can anyone please advise if the above approach is correct. What are the other points do I need to look after during this process.

Any better alternatives are welcome!

Thank you!!

Reactions: Pravallika Ravuri

ruanp28

Feb 24, 2016
Hi All,

I got my PR Visa and will be moving to Ontario next month. I had applied for a non-accompanying spouse.

My objective is to sponsor my wife -
Once i move to canada, I am planning to apply for her visitor's visa. I guess it should be done in 1-2 months.

And when she is in Canada, we will apply for her INLAND spousal sponsorship, along with the application for Open Work Permit.

Can anyone please advise if the above approach is correct. What are the other points do I need to look after during this process.

Any better alternatives are welcome!

Thank you!!
Hi, I might be wrong but I think you can do it like that yes. As long as you remain in Canada, since you are only PR and not a citizen yet. VIP members might have a better answer for you, so don't just go on what I say, but I think you can sponsor her from inside yes. Not sure whether the non-accompanying spouse might raise red flags since you did not mention her in your initial application. Then again, I am not an expert.

Judebebo32

Apr 4, 2019
Hello everyone,
Thansn for the insightful information please I need an explanation. We submitted application for spouse sponsor 3 days ago. However on my envelop the address I wrote was CPC Mississauga PO Box 5040,Station B Mississauga ON L5A3A4. But the lady at Canada post changed the postal code to LY4HY0. We got into an argument but she said she couldn’t find the other postal code.
Now I tracked online and it is saying “delivered to recipient delivery partner”
I am worried if it is the wrong address.
Also I would like to know the right time to link my application online.
Thanks everyone

Vicenzo

Nov 12, 2018
I have submitted my spouse outland application on July 26, 2018, and I got the file number and SA. They transferred the file to India by the end of January. We didn't receive the medical yet, but today when I check the application status its shows decision made. what does it mean? they didn't ask for the medical. Does Anyone have the same situation?
My wife applied for me outland application uhad medical done since 5 months I still waiting
It's a red flag that you can easily explain. Simply explain the situation on a separate sheet of paper and that's that. You're not the first or last couple that didn't have approval of their family or didn't have family at the wedding or where not everyone is even aware of the situation. As long as you explain it and you prove your relationship is genuine through other requirements, it'll be fine.
My wife older than me is that
Hello can anyone help me ,? I have interview yesterday and everything goes well.
Can anyone tell me about how many days i should wait until they ask me to send the passport because my medical expires on 30 april ?
are you sponsoring your husband or he sponsoring you ?