Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
AOR Received.
2018-03-09
Ask the applicant to have a list of items he/she is getting into the country. COPR is a must to carry.
The experience is quite friendly. If there are more goods to follow, please have them declared at this point too.

All the Best!!
Applicant will enter the country almost empty handed. Personel effects mostly. Will leave everything behind.

The Arsenal

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
Applicant will enter the country almost empty handed. Personel effects mostly. Will leave everything behind.
For personal effects too, if he/she is landing with two luggage (for example), just have a list of whats being carried. This is helpful as they will allow the items to be brought in tax-free on the initial landing. This helps them to understand if anything needs to be reported further. Just a way to ease the process for the CBSA which they appreciate.

Reactions: bergy2018

Enxhi

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Hello, Hope everyone is doing well.
My husband, who lives in Canada, made the spousal sponsorship to me on the end of May, 2018. On July, 19th, they started with my documents. On 26 of July I received an email of acknowledgment, my file was to the embassy of Rome ( I am from Albania ). I am still waiting for my answer... Is it going to long?
Any update?

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Our relationship interview is coming up,
Last year, despite being inland, we took our chances and went abroad to see spouse parents & family.

Should I volunteer this information? Because it might help to prove genuineness of our relationship? We also have photos to prove our meeting

rajafaran

May 14, 2017
Hi Guys! I am in process of applying for Outland Spousal Visa for my wife. I was told that it is good to collect testimonial from friends and family about the marriage and that they attended the wedding etc.

Would any of you have a format that I can use?

Thanks in advance!

rajafaran

May 14, 2017
Use a couple letters from both sides. Your friends and his. Maybe a common friend too. All the Best
I saw your reply. I had a question on those lines. Is there a set format for the support letters? If there is can you please share!

Also if not, then can you please let me know what should I include in the letter? should I ask for the letter from close family members, friends or immediate family?

thanks

LeahSam

Star Member
Feb 5, 2019
We have received our PPR Letter today.

Expiry date will be the one of the medical check .... May 9th 2019 .... This is awfully close ...

Is the applicant can enter canada before the expiry date, stay a week or so and then go back to his homeland in order to complet his business ?
How long is a Medical valid for?

Jicks

Jul 19, 2018
I have submitted my spouse outland application on July 26, 2018, and I got the file number and SA. They transferred the file to India by the end of January. We didn't receive the medical yet, but today when I check the application status its shows decision made. what does it mean? they didn't ask for the medical. Does Anyone have the same situation?

The Arsenal

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
I saw your reply. I had a question on those lines. Is there a set format for the support letters? If there is can you please share!

Also if not, then can you please let me know what should I include in the letter? should I ask for the letter from close family members, friends or immediate family?

thanks
Not Family members. Just friends and colleagues if applicable.
The letter should mention how long this person has known each one of you. Also, if its your friend then when did he/she meet your other half and how. Ill try to find my sample letter and PM you.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Not Family members. Just friends and colleagues if applicable.
The letter should mention how long this person has known each one of you. Also, if its your friend then when did he/she meet your other half and how. Ill try to find my sample letter and PM you.
What do you mean not family members? Letters can be from family and friends, and letters from family are indeed valuable as they show the family is aware of the relationship/marriage and has met the other party.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018

thanks
If your letters can cover both family and friends, that would probably be ideal. But don't stress if they don't.

The person writing the letter should begin by explaining who they are and what their connection to the couple is (are they the sponsor's mother or maybe the PA's best friend, etc), and they should then segue into when they first learned of the relationship in question, when they first met the other party in person (if they have), they can mention attending the wedding (if there was one and if they did) or some other event/activity they did with the couple. Or anything else that lets them talk a bit about them spending time with you both and being able to observe your relationship. And of course emphasize that they wholeheartedly support your relationship and are sure of its genuine nature.

Nothing too complicated and no need for it to be super long. We didn't have any letters that went over a single page (and there was room leftover on all of them lol).

Raman@90

Mar 26, 2019
Hi folks,
Please help me
I recently got married . My wife’s parents wasn’t agreed for our marriage as we waited 2 years.
Finally we decided to get married , our marriage was performed with all ceremonies and mine parents was present at our wedding but my wife’s parents was not present.
Guys can you please guide me how to explain a situation to immigration
Is that a red flag
Will really appreciate your response

Tmcdchef87

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi folks,
Please help me
I recently got married . My wife’s parents wasn’t agreed for our marriage as we waited 2 years.
Finally we decided to get married , our marriage was performed with all ceremonies and mine parents was present at our wedding but my wife’s parents was not present.
Guys can you please guide me how to explain a situation to immigration
Is that a red flag
Will really appreciate your response
When I was married, my wifes parents couldnt make it to our wedding in Canada because of passport/financial issues and we Skyped them the entire wedding instead. On our documents we explained why they were not in attendance at our wedding.

I'm sure there are people on here who went through a similar scenario and they could not bring their other parents out (or none of their parents came at all) and they got their PR.

Dont stress.