AOR Received.
05-11-2018
File Transfer...
27-11-2018
Med's Request
06-11-2018
Med's Done....
12-11-2018
Hello, thanks for replying. Just a quick follow-up up.

Do we need to do medical upfront or after the application? Do we need to wait until the baby is born or we can apply for the PR?
For work permit, upfront medical. For pr, ircc will request medical, then you have to print that form and take with you to the doctor (ircc panel physician) but i explained, your wife will not be able to do her x-rays because she is pregnant.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi.. Anyone else applied for a Open Work Permit along with their application?... my wife is currently working as an Internal Company Transfer (ICT VISA) ..which is similar to CLOSED WORK PERMIT for 2 years with the Same employer...

Any idea what is the timeline for OWP? Can it come with AOR1?

Appreciate if anyone has any insights on this?
OWP takes four months to be approved after the complete inland sponsorship application + OWP application are received by IRCC.

VT2020

Mar 20, 2019
Hey guys,

We just had our spousal PR documents sent back to us as we missed a signature on one of the forms! Not ideal

Will we have to pay application fees again? And will we have to fill out completely new forms or can we re-send the correct forms we already have?

Thanks!!

that90sguy

Star Member
Oct 25, 2018
What is the next step of spous visa after biometrics and how long take it the time to complete. Anyone know about that
Next step will be file transfer to the local visa office if not done yet. You've still got a long way to go. Consider it taking 12 whole months.
Good luck!

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
Hey guys,

We just had our spousal PR documents sent back to us as we missed a signature on one of the forms! Not ideal

Will we have to pay application fees again? And will we have to fill out completely new forms or can we re-send the correct forms we already have?

Thanks!!
you will not need to pay again. just send the most updated version of said form and send before the deadline date they give you.

didars

Nov 17, 2018
Hello Friends
I have applied for spousal PR for my wife (presently in India) time line application received 10th August 2018 at CIC Canada office.
Sponsor eligibility passed Sep 2018
Medical passed 5th November 2018. File transfer to NDVO in January 2019. Start processing file in ND 24 January 2019
Criminality checks passed in March 2019. Now my Local MP checked with CIC they informed that they checking applicant eligibility. Anyone knows how much more time they would take and whts the next step of this process. Thanks

Last edited:

bergy2018

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
AOR Received.
2018-03-09
- AOR1 : 9th march 2018
- PPR : 19th march 2019.
- Passport sent via VAC : 21th march
- Expiry of the visa : 8th may 2019

The applicant is planning to land in canada on the 4th of may at Toronto international airport

Now, is anyone could give us some lights about what will happen at the landing airport ???
What should we expect ???
Will the passport be stamped with some kind of entry permit for 6 months or so in order to get the PR card ???

!!! Thanks in advance for your replies !!!

Reactions: michyme

didars

Nov 17, 2018

The applicant is planning to land in canada on the 4th of may at Toronto international airport

Now, is anyone could give us some lights about what will happen at the landing airport ???
Will the passport be stamped with some kind of entry permit for 6 months or so in order to get the PR card ???

What my experience is when I was landed at Pearson airport Toronto in 2012 they CBSA would ask about your belongings anf address in Toronto or something which you have already mentioned in your application and you will have your right of landing papers there's no visa validation at this point you can apply for your pr and health card once you out at any service Ontario center.

Reactions: michyme

The Arsenal

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018

Ask the applicant to have a list of items he/she is getting into the country. COPR is a must to carry.
The experience is quite friendly. If there are more goods to follow, please have them declared at this point too.

All the Best!!

Reactions: bergy2018

The Arsenal

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
Hi everyone, just a quick question for those that have sent applications for outland. I am sponsoring my husband from DR, and we have been together on and off for more than 10 years and finally got married last month. Anyways, I'm almost ready to send my application but waiting the translations of proof of contact to be done (this has delayed everything) so now I'm waiting around with a 95% completed application but the more I read at forums and other people's questions, I get paranoid that I might be missing something. So I included 1 support letter from a long time friend who has been in my life from the beginning of my husband and I's relationship. Do I need to get other people to write support letters or is one sufficient?
Use a couple letters from both sides. Your friends and his. Maybe a common friend too. All the Best

karan21sharma

Mar 5, 2016
I hope someone can provide me the correct way forward. I had sent my application January 28, 2019. However, since IMM5669e Schedule A Background / Declaration was not signed by hand in addition to the electronic signatures, I have received my application back on March 21, 2019. My common-law partner's study permit expired Jan 30, 2019. She is within 90 days of the expiration of temporary status so we can apply for restoration. I have some questions before we take our next steps:

Q1. The application was received with the reason that IMM5669e was not signed by the Principal Applicant as highlighted in the attached document. Should we just sign and mail the application back trusting that this is the only error we have on the application? On the other hand this might just be the first error the Processing Officer found and he returned the application. Do they go through the entire application and send back all the reasons it was returned or just the first one they locate?.

Q2. Is the visitor visa application process to restore the status the same as applying online. Are there any differences in applying online v/s applying on paper? I know online processing time is much less than applying through paper. Any other benefits or differences?

Q3. Do I need to include the visitor permit with my PR application now or can I send my PR + OWP before I receive the visitor visa?

Q4. Since the PR application's processing time is 12 months, should I be choosing period of stay on visitor visa as more than 6 months. Although since we are including the OWP which has processing time of 4 months, should we choose period of stay on visitor visa less than 6 months.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Congratulations to everyone who received their OWP and AOR