+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Marsiii

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Who knows...
Just tired of waiting and any email from IRCC creates hope
We had this discussion in another thread and I reckon it's more than likely just a time driven tracker, receipt date vs 12 months later and it ticks by day by day till it hits 12 months and then it will fire out, 'you're outside of usual processing times' :rolleyes:

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hey guys,
I need clarification on these...
I am sponsoring my wife via family class (outland), she currently holds a valid student permit and has been in Canada for almost a year. (10 months)
1. Does she need to get a Police certificate(PCC) from home country(Nigeria)
2. if Yes...how does she submit a finger print for that?
I will appreciate your input.
Thanks.
1. Yes, she does. For any country that she lived over 6 months, she needs police certificate. In her case, she at least need two, one from her own country, and one from Canada.
2. She needs to go to the police station with valid photo ID to get her finger prints sampled.

Reactions: JoshC

Lasgidi0311

Nov 22, 2016
1. Yes, she does. For any country that she lived over 6 months, she needs police certificate. In her case, she at least need two, one from her own country, and one from Canada.
2. She needs to go to the police station with valid photo ID to get her finger prints sampled.

Thanks buddy. you nailed it!!!!

CanadaIsNo1

Jul 18, 2018
Not very sure...i assume your application has been transferred from the Visa application center to the immigration decisions office
I think you are right! Now couple of days ago she received another email with following details: Any idea???

Dear <spouse name>

Visa application, tracking ID No. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx The envelope for the decision on the results of your visa that has been processed has been received at the Canadian Visa Application Center at Pakistan OC,Islamabad, on the date. We will then send this to the Canadian Visa Application Center Pakistan OC,Islamabad. Please note that this is an automated email. Please DO NOT reply to this email.
Regards,
VFS Global

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I think you are right! Now couple of days ago she received another email with following details: Any idea???

Dear <spouse name>

Visa application, tracking ID No. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx The envelope for the decision on the results of your visa that has been processed has been received at the Canadian Visa Application Center at Pakistan OC,Islamabad, on the date. We will then send this to the Canadian Visa Application Center Pakistan OC,Islamabad. Please note that this is an automated email. Please DO NOT reply to this email.
Regards,
VFS Global
You will soon receive results (decision made)....Did you by any chance link your application to an online account? If yes you will be able to know the decision before you get passport from VAC

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
For inland spousal sponsorship does anyone know till which date ircc has approved application
Not sure I understood you very well...Dates for decision of applications (approved/rejected) vary for each person (For inland its around 12 months). If you are asking if there is a deadline for applying inland then no...however OWP for inland applications has been extended to July 31, 2020

canrediff

Jan 14, 2019
Can someone help me out please?
For the option where I have to select at least two of the following four options and provide the documents requested for each.

I chose " Important documents for you and your spouse showing that you are recognized as each other's spouse (such as employment or insurance benefits)."

I am currently working a part-time job at retail. So I do not get benefits whatsoever since I'm a part timer. However, I just added my husband in the dependent section on my payroll account. So I am confused as to what kind of document should I provide? I been looking through my workday website but however I cannot seem to find any kind of official document to print? Is it okay to take a screenshot of the page where it shows the details and submit that? Also, what other documents can I submit besides the insurance benefits?
HI, you can ask your HR Dept to provide you with the summary of your profile which can show your husband as dependent. I got this from my HR. Though I am full time employee but I am sure if you are the employee of the company (and not on temporary or on contract basis) your HR dept should be able to provide your profile summary. Typically the summary has name, employee number, start date, salary, full time / part time, and name of dependents and beneficiary if applicable. In case you don't get this then you can take the screenshots and submit it. Just write on top of page what it is or add a covering sheet explaining what it is.

I did submit Screenshots for my CRA account, I added my husband as a spouse in my CRA account and took the screenshots of the MyAccount as there was no option to print the profile showing marital status and name of the spouse. I added a note explaining that this is my CRA account page.

Hope this helps.

tbt7788

Jan 21, 2019
Hello,
after receiving the open work permit, is it possible to travel outside of Canada? Traveling with the sponsor for vacation for less than two weeks?
Thanks

canrediff

Jan 14, 2019
Can someone help me out please?
For the option where I have to select at least two of the following four options and provide the documents requested for each.

I chose " Important documents for you and your spouse showing that you are recognized as each other's spouse (such as employment or insurance benefits)."

I am currently working a part-time job at retail. So I do not get benefits whatsoever since I'm a part timer. However, I just added my husband in the dependent section on my payroll account. So I am confused as to what kind of document should I provide? I been looking through my workday website but however I cannot seem to find any kind of official document to print? Is it okay to take a screenshot of the page where it shows the details and submit that? Also, what other documents can I submit besides the insurance benefits?
Hi, just to add to answer, in case the applicant's passport has an option to add sponsor's name as a spouse or vice-a-versa, you can add that. It needs re-issuance of passport, I don't know which country you are from, but if it is easy to get the passport re-issued, you may think of this option. My husband added my name as a spouse in his passport, so that works as an important document identifying each other as a spouse.

In case you or your spouse has a life insurance or health insurance, you can add your husband as a nominee, or you can also add each other as a nominee in bank accounts. This can be also recognized as important documents.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hello,
after receiving the open work permit, is it possible to travel outside of Canada? Traveling with the sponsor for vacation for less than two weeks?
Thanks
If you have TRV yes you can travel. But it is does not guarantee you entry...Officers at the POE can still deny you entry (if they have a reason to do so). You are advised not to make long trips outside Canada while your inland PR application is being processed.

Haussem Hoo

Mar 28, 2016
hi freinds.....did any one notice ay chage on his online account after that email they send for every one??? cause mine i dont see any change and i have 11 month now i go through interview the last month and no answer until now??did any one have any idea?? and thx

zeemaple

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
Nomination.....
16-10-2014
Hi guys... good job everyone. My wife is PA and pregnant and we're expecting this week or next. But she received medical requests last week Thursday. What is our best option, wait till after delivery or just go for the partial medical assessment having in mind that there is a 30 days time limit?
thanks

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi guys... good job everyone. My wife is PA and pregnant and we're expecting this week or next. But she received medical requests last week Thursday. What is our best option, wait till after delivery or just go for the partial medical assessment having in mind that there is a 30 days time limit?
thanks
Do the medical now and then do the x ray after the birth