+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

aarchitj

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
Yes you can sponsor your spouse right away. There is no income requirement to sponsor spouses but you will have to show you can support yourselves. You can apply before you secure a job but CIC may ask you later if you are woking.

Thanks !

Since I will be staying in Whitehorse - Yukon Territory, will it expedite the process considering that it is sparsely populated region ?

rockysef

Jan 8, 2019
Hi Everybody,

I dont know my question is already asked before or not. I am totatly new in this form and thank you in advance.

I applied to "Spousal sponsorship- living in Canada" 3 months a ago (still processing) and I was wondering , do I have a chance to work? Actually I got an offer from one company to hire me but I dont know which steps I have to follow up, I mean paper works ?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi Everybody,

I dont know my question is already asked before or not. I am totatly new in this form and thank you in advance.

I applied to "Spousal sponsorship- living in Canada" 3 months a ago (still processing) and I was wondering , do I have a chance to work? Actually I got an offer from one company to hire me but I dont know which steps I have to follow up, I mean paper works ?
If you applied for OWP, once you have it you can.

Reactions: rockysef

Angel1111

Jan 8, 2019
Hi
I am new to this forum and been reading this post for the last couple of days.
So grateful for all the contribution, learnt quite bit!
I still have question regarding my situation though.
I am a Canadian for over 15 years and working for the past 10 years.
My fiance is Chinese citizen and holds H1B visa working in US.
We live very close to the borders and we got engaged last year after dating for over a year.
He has a multiple entry visitor visa up to 3 years. And we visit each other and stay over for weekends at each other's places.
We are looking at getting married in Feb and I plan to sponsor him to apply for the PR. Meanwhile waiting for the processing, he will still work at current job living in US. I do plan to apply for outland application ASAP after we get the certificate.
However the question is, after we officially get legally married, can he still come over to visit me on the weekends and go back to US to work on the weekdays? Should he tell the border agents that he is visiting his wife (he tells them he visits his fiance nowadays), I am worrying about misrepresentation if he doesn't tell the truth.
Does anyone have any good tip to share?

Thank you in advance!

KATIE1304

Jan 8, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum and really happy with the way everyone helping each other and I posting this hoping I will get best help from here. I got married 4 months ago and my husband has his PR already and he is sponsoring me, I was living in the USA as student from 3.5 years and I moved to Canada on Jan 5th 2019 using my visitor visa and I am hoping to submit my PR and Open work permit application soon. I had few questions when I was filling out form 0008.

1. for current of residence I have mentioned as Canada as I am applying for inland PR, so for the From to Dates what should I enter? ( From Date = Jan 5th since I entered canada and To Date= is it visitor visa expiration date or 6 months from jan 5th?)
Date and place you last entered canada ( so this will be the lates entry date right? in my case Jan 5th 2019. I had visited for only 3 days in Nov 2018 so what should i write?)
And for current and Intended occupation what shouls i write? ( I used to work as Software developer in USA but not anymore since i moved to canada)

icewalker

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
So I received an email today:

This message is being sent to confirm that the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) will be processed at CPC Mississauga
Is this AOR2? SA? Does anyone know? Timeline in Signature.

Question12

Dec 29, 2018
In order to qualify for OWP with your inland sponsorship you have to have some kind of legal status when you file in the application. You do not qualify for OWP but you can apply inland and wait for the decision in the country. Your OWP application WILL be refused whatsoever.
Ok thank you

digbysa

Jan 9, 2019
Hi there everyone!

I too am new to this forum.

Here is my situation. I am a South African who came to Canada in 2015 and studied for two year and applied for the post graduate work permit. Got denied that due to the school no longer meeting the requirements. I married my Canadian wife here in Feb of 2018 and we are now doing the spousal sponsorship. I am still currently on a Study permit and attending BCIT. The course load and sheer cost of the course is killing me, not to mention I only took it as a means to stay in Canada.

My questions is, my visa expires in November of 2019 and I would like to quit the school and get the $3500 or so back and apply for a change of visa to a visitor’s visa. I know I will not be able to study or work while on that but I am planning on applying for the spousal and the OWP so I would hope to get that within 4 months. I am not too sure on whether I am able to change my status after applying for the spousal or if I need to stay a student. I am also not too sure on how long that visitor’s visa would grant me should I get it.

Any input and help in the regard would be extremely appreciated!

Tlexxie

Nov 4, 2018
IMM 5532 Part A, No. 4

What is the required response for the highest level of education question? I am to select just the option that indicates my highest level of education and type the amount of years for just that single level or am I to select all my previous education levels attained until the highest mentioning the number of years for each level?

Thank you for your assistance.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
IMM 5532 Part A, No. 4

What is the required response for the highest level of education question? I am to select just the option that indicates my highest level of education and type the amount of years for just that single level or am I to select all my previous education levels attained until the highest mentioning the number of years for each level?

Thank you for your assistance.
It you attended university for 5 years, we put only 5 under "university" section.

samantha.bonin

Star Member
Jun 11, 2017
App. Filed.......
July 12, 2018
AOR Received.
September 29, 2018
File Transfer...
October 26, 2018
Med's Request
October 2, 2018
Med's Done....
October 16, 2018
Passport Req..
December 14, 2018
My GCKey updated and said I was approved with the message "Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.". However, there are no messages below. Any ideas?

Edit: I am the principal applicant