+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

smomen

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
Yes, this is ALSO the address for those spouses “living in Canada, but doesnt plan to stay in Canada while the application is in process”

Both situations: one mentioned above and the outland sponsorship, which is your case, should be sent in this address.
Hi Happy_mjr,
Thanks so much for the explanation!
Take care.

smomen

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
There are two questions in the beginning of Sponsor's FORM, 1344e;
1. If you are found to be ineligible as a sponsor, indicate what you want to do (withdraw application or proceed...)
3. Is there any co-signor on this application?
Can anyone help with their knowledge what is the most common answer to these questions? Really appreciate for the time...

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I have a quick question. I have submitted an inland PR application for my wife with OWP, who is on implied status as of Dec 21, 2018. My question is if she wants to exit and re-enter Canada by crossing the US border, is it possible without the US visa? She does have a multiple-entry visa, she is on implied status with an in-land application. The border is a couple of hours away from us. If we go there, enter, make a U-turn and re-enter Canada, would that be a problem?

If we are able to do that, would she still have an implied status or would it reset her status as a "visitor" for another 6 months from the date of re-entry?

P.S her visa extension app is in the process too.

Thanks.
No guarantee of re-entry. What would be the purpose when she already has status?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
There are two questions in the beginning of Sponsor's FORM, 1344e;
1. If you are found to be ineligible as a sponsor, indicate what you want to do (withdraw application or proceed...)
3. Is there any co-signor on this application?
Can anyone help with their knowledge what is the most common answer to these questions? Really appreciate for the time...
1. Withdraw.

3. No.

Aliceno

Dec 16, 2018
Either of the two can make the acct.
Here is the link, and choose the “continue to GCkey” option. You can make an account by using the application # and PA’s passport details

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
Thanks, I made my account Happy_mjr, what is the next step, should I link my application first? I try to put my personal information to fill the box, but Its failed already 3 times. They said they couldn't find my app. Is it because I use paper app? So nervous. Thanks again :)

Pakmarry

Dec 24, 2018
How about you also just incase it takes time for IRCC to reply, to call the clinic in your area that is in the list of clinics allotted, if they will accept you just showing the email as proof of you having gotten the medical request. To be honest, the clinic i went to didn't even ask me for the letter or form from the IRCC. They had their own copy.
Thank you so much for this information.Tomorrow I will go there.

Reactions: niamahmoud

appiahpharma

Dec 8, 2018
I hv a perculiar situation... we got married about 5 months ago my wife is a Canadian PR and I’m currently in the US on a student visa. We are yet to start the application process but documents collation is on going. My question is do I need to go back home and apply or I can apply from the state?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I hv a perculiar situation... we got married about 5 months ago my wife is a Canadian PR and I’m currently in the US on a student visa. We are yet to start the application process but documents collation is on going. My question is do I need to go back home and apply or I can apply from the state?
Pretty normal situation. You can apply from the US. Your app may be processed in Ottawa or in your home country VO.

arsalmano

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
No guarantee of re-entry. What would be the purpose when she already has status?
True. It's just that some close friends are insisting and some are saying she has overstayed now and it's not going to be good and this and that.
My own understanding is that if you have a multiple entry visa and if you leave during the process, you can be let back in seeing as your app is in process. You may have to show proof of payment etc.

If we get the AOR in Jan, would she still be on an implied status and how relevant is her visa extension then? Do you think her visa extension may be refused because they know we have an inland app in the process which means she has implied status already?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
True. It's just that some close friends are insisting and some are saying she has overstayed now and it's not going to be good and this and that.
My own understanding is that if you have a multiple entry visa and if you leave during the process, you can be let back in seeing as your app is in process. You may have to show proof of payment etc.

If we get the AOR in Jan, would she still be on an implied status and how relevant is her visa extension then? Do you think her visa extension may be refused because they know we have an inland app in the process which means she has implied status already?
Tell your friends they have no idea what they are talking about and to do some research before telling people wrong stuff.

She has not overstayed and has valid Implied Status. There is never a guarantee of re-entry, so leaving when there is zero need to leave is not smart.

AOR has nothing to do with Implied Status and the visitor extension has nothing to do with the PR app.

You are worrying for no reason.

lotuss

Dec 17, 2018
so as i understand it you get an implied status to stay in the country from OWP while putting in my PR application but do i need to bring anything with me when flying/going through customs to prove ill be there legally for an extended period of time?