+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

ali2525

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
while filling up forms i have few questions for the experts here
1. do i have to submit original police certificate with the application now
2. marriage photos. should i get 4x6 inch photos from color lab and write on the back side the details
3.what is a civil union certificate is it available for pakistan
4.do i have to submit my education certificates photo copy as a principle applicant
5.how to provide letters(which letters),printed text messages (is it whatsup),emails(how to take out details of email record),
6.other proof that ur relationship is recognized by ur friends (how to get this), social media information (how to get this)
7.imm5475 (authority to release personal information to a designated individual) is this essential to submit
kindly help thanks

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Another question singleman , which day’s ecas update , and this happen at night or at day , this proccess is very frustated
To my experience it happens Early morning to Mornings Tuesdays CDN Eastern time. Say before opening of regular office times on mornings of Tuesday.

Reactions: Alda

cnvz

Oct 14, 2018
Hello everyone. I'm a Canadian sponsoring my Venezuelan husband (married for 2.5 years). We were living together in Venezuela and then Europe, but I returned to Canada to have our baby. We first submitted our application at the end of June 2017, but it wasn't considered complete until the end of August 2017. I've been approved as a sponsor, he's submitted his medicals and any other docs that have been requested, but our application is still being processed in Mexico City as of early December. Last month they requested a phone interview with my husband, but they have yet to contact him. My local MP office said there is no set time frame to have the phone interview. It has almost been 14 months since we submitted our application. Does anyone have an idea why it's taking so long? We're already beyond the 12 month average :(

Longroadtoimmigration

Sep 19, 2018
App. Filed.......
September 19th 2018
Interview........
I rebuke it ijn
LANDED..........
I shall testify
Re: Refused admission=refused visa???

Yes - a Temporary Resident Visa is certainly a visa. So the answer to this question is certainly "yes".
212Today at 6:52 PM
In our sponsorship application. There is a part that ask have you ever been refused visa to Canada or any country we mentioned yes and then there is a part that says explain.
We mentioned i was refused Canada visitor visa twice but just realised we didn't mention i was refused visitor visa to the UK in 2014.
What can we do to rectify this ?
Is this going to cause any issues ?
Is this misrepresentation ?
I just received AOR

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
while filling up forms i have few questions for the experts here
1. do i have to submit original police certificate with the application now
2. marriage photos. should i get 4x6 inch photos from color lab and write on the back side the details
3.what is a civil union certificate is it available for pakistan
4.do i have to submit my education certificates photo copy as a principle applicant
5.how to provide letters(which letters),printed text messages (is it whatsup),emails(how to take out details of email record),
6.other proof that ur relationship is recognized by ur friends (how to get this), social media information (how to get this)
7.imm5475 (authority to release personal information to a designated individual) is this essential to submit
kindly help thanks
1. Yes.

2. You can do that or just put them into Word.

3. No idea what a civil union certificate is.

4. No. You need to follow the checklist.

5. It is referring to any letters you sent each other. You can export your chats and include a selection.

6. Letters and screen shots.

7. No.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello everyone. I'm a Canadian sponsoring my Venezuelan husband (married for 2.5 years). We were living together in Venezuela and then Europe, but I returned to Canada to have our baby. We first submitted our application at the end of June 2017, but it wasn't considered complete until the end of August 2017. I've been approved as a sponsor, he's submitted his medicals and any other docs that have been requested, but our application is still being processed in Mexico City as of early December. Last month they requested a phone interview with my husband, but they have yet to contact him. My local MP office said there is no set time frame to have the phone interview. It has almost been 14 months since we submitted our application. Does anyone have an idea why it's taking so long? We're already beyond the 12 month average :(
Hi

The only way to really find out is to request GCMS notes. Mexico is known to be a bit slow and there are likely delays from Venezuela in completing the background and security checks.

Reactions: cnvz

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
212Today at 6:52 PM
In our sponsorship application. There is a part that ask have you ever been refused visa to Canada or any country we mentioned yes and then there is a part that says explain.
We mentioned i was refused Canada visitor visa twice but just realised we didn't mention i was refused visitor visa to the UK in 2014.
What can we do to rectify this ?
Is this going to cause any issues ?
Is this misrepresentation ?
I just received AOR
As long as you notify IRCC before they find out themselves, it shouldn't be an issue. Send a Webform ASAP.

Haussem Hoo

Mar 28, 2016
guys i apply 12 april after i do the medical and passed they send my file to visa office in paris and began to process my file in june 1 ( visa office paris) ....until now i dont get anything no pre-arrival no ppr nothing ...did anyone have any idea cause i think is to much time like this .....thx for help :)

Last edited:

olayemi1993

Oct 14, 2018
Hello All,
First time here and I need advice.
I'm the principal applicant for permanent resident card and I had to be because I have meet all the requirements. I put my husband in as an unaccompanying applicant because he didn't have ielts but now I want to change that but do not know how to. My application is currently in its final stages. I just need to know how to add him now so he won't have to wait months to come to Canada.
please advise. thank you

olayemi1993

Oct 14, 2018
Hello All,
First time here and I need advice.
I'm the principal applicant for permanent resident card and I had to be because I have meet all the requirements. I put my husband in as an unaccompanying applicant because he didn't have ielts but now I want to change that but do not know how to. My application is currently in its final stages. I just need to know how to add him now so he won't have to wait months to come to Canada.
please advise. thank you

Sarahannclarke5

Sep 19, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
Hi, I am planning to sponsor my common law partner. Do you know if the sponsored person can use an expired police certificate from the country of birth (never been in that country after the police certificate was issued). I remember before that expired police certificates were OK, but now I cannot find that information at all on the IRCC website. Thanks!
No, it definitely has to be valid.

Sarahannclarke5

Sep 19, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
Are you sure. But she got positive DM to sponsor her husband who is outside canada.cic asked her to submit husband application in london visa office. She is protected person and got DM and on the way for Pr landing interview.
If she receives disability yes, if just regular welfare, it's a no.