Longroadtoimmigration

Sep 19, 2018
App. Filed.......
September 19th 2018
Interview........
I rebuke it ijn
LANDED..........
I shall testify
In our sponsorship application. There is a part that ask have you ever been refused visa to Canada or any country we mentioned yes and then there is a part that says explain.
We mentioned i was refused Canada visitor visa twice but just realised we didn't mention i was refused visitor visa to the UK in 2014.
What can we do to rectify this ?
Is this going to cause any issues ?
Is this misrepresentation ?
I just received AOR

Reactions: BR_ESL

BR_ESL

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Hi i just want to ask if it's ok to send the application if the sponsor is outside the canada?
Well, I am not sure if it helps...
According to the forms we've filled, if the sponsor is living abroad you may fill the forms with this information but you have to provide proof that both of you will live in Canada.
If the sponsor is just traveling abroad, I think that wouldn't be a problem.
Anyways, I suggest you to keep looking for more accurate info.
All the best :)

BR_ESL

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
In our sponsorship application. There is a part that ask have you ever been refused visa to Canada or any country we mentioned yes and then there is a part that says explain.
We mentioned i was refused Canada visitor visa twice but just realised we didn't mention i was refused visitor visa to the UK in 2014.
What can we do to rectify this ?
Is this going to cause any issues ?
Is this misrepresentation ?
I just received AOR
You may send a letter to them explaining?
I am not sure how that would affect you (not stating your visa to UK was denied) but it looks better if you tell them upfront instead of being charged for an explanation in case they eventually find out...
I think if you forgot, there is no harm in telling that to them...
All the best! :)

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Here is an interesting read from Feb 2018:
https://www.cicnews.com/2018/02/ircc-says-80-of-spousal-sponsorship-backlog-now-cleared-0210197.html#gs.RkaRwR0

Earlier today, I was looking at the timelines of the applicants from Sep 2017. They waited an average of 59 days to get their AORs and 156 days to get their OWP. It got eventually faster starting March of 2018. June and July Inland applicants waited an average of 42 days to get their AORs, versus us, the September applicants' averaged at 25 days.
So we should consider ourselves as the lucky ones!
At this rate, OWP is just around the corner. Perhaps by early December, we should be hearing from some of us. :)

Last edited:

Longroadtoimmigration

Sep 19, 2018
App. Filed.......
September 19th 2018
Interview........
I rebuke it ijn
LANDED..........
I shall testify
You may send a letter to them explaining?
I am not sure how that would affect you (not stating your visa to UK was denied) but it looks better if you tell them upfront instead of being charged for an explanation in case they eventually find out...
I think if you forgot, there is no harm in telling that to them...
All the best! :)
Thanks for your response

BR_ESL

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
https://www.cicnews.com/2018/02/ircc-says-80-of-spousal-sponsorship-backlog-now-cleared-0210197.html#gs.RkaRwR0

Earlier today, I was looking at the timelines of the applicants from Sep 2017. They waited an average of 59 days to get their AORs and 156 days to get their OWP. It got eventually faster starting March of 2018. June and July Inland applicants waited an average of 42 days to get their AORs, versus us, the September applicants' averaged at 25 days.
So we should consider ourselves the lucky ones!
At this rate, OWP is just around the corner. Perhaps by early November, we should be hearing from some of us. :)
Those are good news! Thanks for sharing.
Hopefully, by the end of October, everyone will get the AOR.

Jrutu

Jun 26, 2018
Hello,
I am silent reader, i have one question, my file was for 19 th sept, and on ECAS it shows recived, does it means they have send the file back, as they have already started for 20th sept.

Koobee2a

Star Member
May 31, 2018
Hello,
I am silent reader, i have one question, my file was for 19 th sept, and on ECAS it shows recived, does it means they have send the file back, as they have already started for 20th sept.
It's a good sign that you could view your application on ECAS. You should be getting AOR anytime this week. Wait for it.

saniyasunesara

Star Member
Aug 31, 2018

So we should consider ourselves as the lucky ones!
At this rate, OWP is just around the corner. Perhaps by early December, we should be hearing from some of us. :)
Hello
I just want to ask you guys
Does anyone know the timeline in which our application for permanent residency will be processed
Like now most of us have got our AOR
Now what’s the next step
We know it’s a 1 year processing time for the inland spousal sponsorship
But I wanted to know how usually does it go like what process comes after what..?

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Hello
I just want to ask you guys
Does anyone know the timeline in which our application for permanent residency will be processed
Like now most of us have got our AOR
Now what’s the next step
We know it’s a 1 year processing time for the inland spousal sponsorship
But I wanted to know how usually does it go like what process comes after what..?
Look at the timelines of other applicants from previous months on the link below:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WXmKcCOlbciwCa33-vKs8LqbKxOIar2PzSN7j4xBxEg/edit#gid=442491913

Reactions: saniyasunesara

patyloya

Oct 15, 2018
Hi everyone!

I have a few questions I hope you can help me with !
I just got married to a Canadian, I'm from Mexico and I was wondering if I can apply INLAND for my PR.
I don't have any sort of "temporary resident" visa (I'm not a student and I'm not working in Canada), so how would I be able to stay in Canada for longer than 6 months? (if I'm only a tourist). If you apply INLAND you're not supposed to leave the country, but if I'm entering the country only with my ETA (electronic travel authorization) I wouldn't be able to stay over 6 months.
I want to apply for the open work permit too, would that permit let me stay legally until I get my PR?
Hope someone can help me!
:)

Ashvikha

Star Member
Sep 24, 2018
My application was received on 25th September so looking forward to hear from the cic by this week or the next. Waiting for AOR