+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**SEPTEMBER 2018** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

JackMa

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Hi everyone!

I have a few questions I hope you can help me with !
I just got married to a Canadian, I'm from Mexico and I was wondering if I can apply INLAND for my PR.
I don't have any sort of "temporary resident" visa (I'm not a student and I'm not working in Canada), so how would I be able to stay in Canada for longer than 6 months? (if I'm only a tourist). If you apply INLAND you're not supposed to leave the country, but if I'm entering the country only with my ETA (electronic travel authorization) I wouldn't be able to stay over 6 months.
I want to apply for the open work permit too, would that permit let me stay legally until I get my PR?
Hope someone can help me!
:)
In my opinion you should apply for temporary resident visa. After landing you can again apply for Open Work Permit and you can stay for longer than 6 months. INLAND spouse PR application is always open to you after landing.

Reactions: patyloya

patyloya

Oct 15, 2018
In my opinion you should apply for temporary resident visa. After landing you can again apply for Open Work Permit and you can stay for longer than 6 months. INLAND spouse PR application is always open to you after landing.
Sorry I didn't quite understand what you meant by your reply, what exactly is a "temporary resident" visa?
In my situation, Mexicans don't require visas to visit Canada for up to 6 months. Could I come to Canada as a tourist (with no visa, cuz we don't need it) and then apply inland?, Would this constitute as me "living in Canada" ?
Thank you for your response !!

JackMa

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Sorry I didn't quite understand what you meant by your reply, what exactly is a "temporary resident" visa?
In my situation, Mexicans don't require visas to visit Canada for up to 6 months. Could I come to Canada as a tourist (with no visa, cuz we don't need it) and then apply inland?, Would this constitute as me "living in Canada" ?
Thank you for your response !!
its good if temporary resident visa/visitor visa is not required in your case. Again, After landing you can apply for Open Work Permit and you can stay for longer than 6 months. INLAND spouse PR application , you can file anytime after landing.

cduanra

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
For Quebec applicants, I just received the email from IRCC requiring the CSQ.
Here is my timeline
Application sent: sep 10 2018
Application received: sep 12 2018
AOR: oct 9 2018
Letter for CSQ: oct 16 2018

Reactions: Betabr

JackMa

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
ECAS showing some status as:

Sponsor Name (xxxxx)
Your current home address
xxxx

Update this home address

If you want to see the details of an application, click on the underlined status.
Sponsorship Application(s)
The person you are sponsoring can receive instant email updates and more detailed, up-to-date case status on their permanent resident application by creating an online account. Find out how.

Sponsorship Application(s)
Sponsored Person Sponsorship Application Status Permanent Residence Application Status
XXXX XXX In Process In Process

when login with gckey it is showing that:-

They have received an application. As there is a representative and only representative will be able to link the application.

My questions:-
1. There is no AOR email yet. who will receive the AOR email? myself or representative?
2. Why there is no any reference of file number?

Can someone Please answer?

ldoell

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
07-12-2018
Any updates from anyone? :)

haru22

Sep 30, 2018
Hi guys, im kinda freaking out. I have checked out my SO's ecas yesterday and it had a profile and said at that time someone along the lines of "Application received".
Anyways, I checked again today and it says "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided." does this mean she has been declined or our package sent back???

avainevie

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018
Hi guys, im kinda freaking out. I have checked out my SO's ecas yesterday and it had a profile and said at that time someone along the lines of "Application received".
Anyways, I checked again today and it says "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided." does this mean she has been declined or our package sent back???
Hi, I was on the same boat as you. My app was returned because of missing signature for Schedule A form; however, I didn’t send it back to CIC right away. I’m sorry to hear that but it is most likely that your app will be returned if you were able to login before and not able now. What is your timeline?

haru22

Sep 30, 2018
Hi, I was on the same boat as you. My app was returned because of missing signature for Schedule A form; however, I didn’t send it back to CIC right away. I’m sorry to hear that but it is most likely that your app will be returned if you were able to login before and not able now. What is your timeline?
Oh shoot...
My timeline so far:
Application sent : 21 September
Application received: 24 September
AOR: No Email Yet

Reactions: BR_ESL

avainevie

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018
Oh shoot...
My timeline so far:
Application sent : 21 September
Application received: 24 September
AOR: No Email Yet
Oh I see, it seems like people with the same timeline as you didn't receive AOR yet. What I suggest is keep trying to login to ECAS and give it till the end of this week or try calling their call centre.

Reactions: haru22

Nixey

Oct 16, 2018
Hi All

We are new to this forum but have found it most helpful to see all the timelines as we feel very in the dark with regards to where in the abyss our application is!

We have applied for inland sponsorship and OWP:

Our timeline is:
Date Sent: 17 August 2018
Received: 21st August 2018
Returned: 19th September 2018 (incorrect fees paid for OWP and missing information on Family Declaration)
Date ReSent: 24th September 2018
Received: 27th September 2018

We are now waiting...

I have looked through a lot of threads but am not seeing any information about the OWP aspect. It is my understanding that the processing time for this is six weeks. Has anyone received any news on their OWP’s?

Any comments would be helpful! And good luck to all!

ldoell

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
07-12-2018
Hi All

We are new to this forum but have found it most helpful to see all the timelines as we feel very in the dark with regards to where in the abyss our application is!

We have applied for inland sponsorship and OWP:

Our timeline is:
Date Sent: 17 August 2018
Received: 21st August 2018
Returned: 19th September 2018 (incorrect fees paid for OWP and missing information on Family Declaration)
Date ReSent: 24th September 2018
Received: 27th September 2018

We are now waiting...

I have looked through a lot of threads but am not seeing any information about the OWP aspect. It is my understanding that the processing time for this is six weeks. Has anyone received any news on their OWP’s?

Any comments would be helpful! And good luck to all!
Welcome! :) I agree, it's so good to know that you're not alone in this!

I haven't received any news on my OWP yet - it's still early, as the trend that I've seen is that OWP comes within 4 months of receiving AOR?

EDIT: that being said, I have been successful in linking the application to myCIC, so at least I know it's getting processed!

Last edited:

BR_ESL

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Hi everyone, I'm confused about linking the application, if anyone could help me...that would be great, please.
1. Am I able to link the application on ECAS even before receiving AOR?

2. What info from the sponsor should I use to try to link on ECAS? My husband was an immigrant and now he is a Canadian citizen, therefore he has a UCI number. This number can be used for linking the app on ECAS?

3. Am I able to link the application at MyCIC even without AOR?

4. The first link will happen on ECAS and after on MyCIC? Or it doesn't matter the sequence?

Thanks everyone!