+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Jhaeda1124

Oct 4, 2018
To do common law you need to have lived together for at least one year.
Yes,since conjugal doesnt apply to us then we will have to live together for 12months to qualified for common law..but since i need to apply for an extension of visa and the reason is to complete our 12months together will that be enough reason for my visa to extended?

I&D2018

Star Member
Aug 13, 2018
Yes,since conjugal doesnt apply to us then we will have to live together for 12months to qualified for common law..but since i need to apply for an extension of visa and the reason is to complete our 12months together will that be enough reason for my visa to extended?
Very doubtful your visa will get extended. You are sacrificing a lot to put yourself in a tough situation. Plus, again till he is fully divorced his ability to sponsor may not even be approved. Think he should take you to his lawyer's office so you can see whats up, truly no judge/lawyer has ever said you must pay a one-time "lump sum" to divorce, while typically a better option its not the only option.

HannahZM

Aug 27, 2018
Patience is the key! I want to share mine.
Almost 6 months, finally. Status changed to "Final decisionYour application was approved."Oct.1,2018

File received April 4,2018
Done medical May 22,2018
PPR Sept.28, 2018

Long wait from medical to ppr almost 4 months. It's worth waiting for!
Think positive. You'll be approved soon. Make it sooner.

Tip: Prayer.
Godbless you all!
Hi, congratulations to you. May I know which country you are in?

PradipSaha

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Toronto, Canada
App. Filed.......
08-11-2018
Doc's Request.
02-05-2019
AOR Received.
08-11-2018
IELTS Request
24-05-2018
File Transfer...
12-12-2018
Med's Request
07-05-2019
Med's Done....
10-05-2019
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
LANDED..........
10-07-2019
Hi @Leon and others,

I have a friend who will be landing as a PR in March 2019 and once he gets a survival job, he wants to initiate sponsorship for his wife, so after getting his 1st pay slip, can he initiate sponsorship with his pay stub, a letter from his employer and proof of funds, i.e. a fixed deposit in India of amount equivalent to 14k-15k CAD, provided all other docs are ready, kindly guide..

Jhaeda1124

Oct 4, 2018
Very doubtful your visa will get extended. You are sacrificing a lot to put yourself in a tough situation. Plus, again till he is fully divorced his ability to sponsor may not even be approved. Think he should take you to his lawyer's office so you can see whats up, truly no judge/lawyer has ever said you must pay a one-time "lump sum" to divorce, while typically a better option its not the only option.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So, I’ve been searching online for a bit now and can’t find anything regarding my concern. I sent my spousal sponsorship application back in April. I was approved for the open work permit recently and now have a job. My husband and I decided to separate about a month ago and we are planning to withdraw my PR application. I’m wondering if my work permit will cancel out when I withdraw the application or will I still be able to stay here and work? The permit is valid for 2 years. I’m going back to the states soon where I’m from to visit family for 2 weeks and coming back to Canada right after. What’s the chances of me having issues crossing back into Canada? I’ll have my work permit with me to show at customs.
You have no choice but to withdraw you sponsorship application or you and your ex will be committing fraud. Would anticipate that you ex would withdraw at any time because he is the one who needs to cancel the sponsorship.

Neelraval

Sep 17, 2018
Hi,
I was married on March 2017, I want to settle in Canada on student basis. I got 6.5 IELTS band. MY wife also got 6.5 IELTS band. I got admission at torento on student basis. Can i sponsor my wife on dependent basis at canada? If yes then how long she stay with me?

sree2

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Hello Seniors,

I am in urgent need of some help regarding my wife parents documents.In her passport and our marriage certificate and in invitation card her mother 's name has given name and surname. But in her mother's ID proof it only has given name, in this case should she put in her application mothers given name under surname field??

Also does CIC ask for ID proof or address proof of her parents by any chance?
N.B: In all our supporting documents parents given name and surname are consistent

barse

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2016
AOR Received.
30-04-2016
IELTS Request
SA Received: 19-05-2016
File Transfer...
23-05-2016
Med's Done....
04-02-2016
Failed to attend Interview in Vienna due to accident, accident a week ago and hospitalised. Email requesting to re-schedule was sent on Friday at 8:30am for Monday 9am interview. No answer yet. Worried it is rejected. Please shed light on the possibilities.

adabala

Nov 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application

Hi
I am perminantresident of Canada and I am trying to apply PR for my wife. Before marriage I applied visitor visa for her and later I got married her. at that time I gave the invitation to her as cousin (cross cousin) for visitor visa and claimed as finacial supporter for travel. But the visitor visa was rejected saying that not given proper reason to coming to canada. Now I decided to apply PR for her as a sponcer, will that VISA rejection effect on her PR application. I really appriciate your valuble suggestions.

Zita

Jul 10, 2018
Hi everyone,
I applied for spousal sponsorship and cic (Ankara) sent me this letter 2 times even though I’m 100% sure i have the correct document. If you have faced a similar issue please let know because any advice might help. Thanks in advance.

CIC: “Proof that your marriage at (—) Consulate/Embassy in (—) is legally recognized by the (—) Government. The marriage must be valid under the law of the country where it took place and under Canadian law. A marriage performed in an embassy or consulate must comply with the law of the host country where it took place, not the country of nationality of the embassy or consulate.”

ali2525

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
dear kindly guide
i am applying as a principle applicant in family class pakistan
filling forms i have few questions
1.it is outland application
do i have to submit original nikkah nama urdu or a photocopy
do i have to attach any of my education degrees or documents
exactly which forms to fill
do i need to submit photos email record or whatsup chat log
my wife is a permanent resident