App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
Alright, well thanks for the heads up. On a similar note, when I apply for a new passport during processing of my application, do I need to inform the visa office or wait until passport request?
It is necessary to inform IRCC as soon as you get your new passport.

Reactions: John013

John013

Jun 17, 2017
The Netherlands
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-06-2017
File Transfer...
03-07-2017
Med's Request
02-11-2017
Med's Done....
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2018
LANDED..........
06-10-2018

ohjay

Aug 11, 2017
Hi All,
I need help on this.
Do I have to include our wedding pictures with my application? if yes, does it have to be the pictures itself or can I just scan them in plan sheets and send.
Also the question asking if she is pregnant in IMM 5532 is it compulsory I declare the pregnancy? what is the implication.
Thanks in anticipation.

ohjay

Aug 11, 2017
Hello house,
someone just suggested to me that I need to have been on ground in Canada for six months continuously before I can sponsor my spouse. is this true?

I landed in September 2017 but traveled back in January this year and returned 1st August. I got married during this period. do I have to wait another six month before putting in for her sponsorship?

Thanks

Cherry Kola

Aug 28, 2018
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Med's Request
15-08-2018
Med's Done....
28-08-2018
Hi! We just did the medical exam, but honestly what is the purpose of this exam? And how much time do we know if it is a pass or a fail? What are the reasons an applicant would fail the medical exam?

After doing the tests I do not understand why it needs to be done by a specific panel physician... I was almost disappointed. The tests do not appear to require any type of expertises for a physician.

Also, There appear to have been a change in the regulation regarding the medical exam and I wonder if it could create delays. Do someone know?

Thanks

Prabhjotmona

Mar 26, 2018
Hi! We just did the medical exam, but honestly what is the purpose of this exam? And how much time do we know if it is a pass or a fail? What are the reasons an applicant would fail the medical exam?

After doing the tests I do not understand why it needs to be done by a specific panel physician... I was almost disappointed. The tests do not appear to require any type of expertises for a physician.

Also, There appear to have been a change in the regulation regarding the medical exam and I wonder if it could create delays. Do someone know?

Thanks
To find out if you have any life threatening diseases or any infection that can spread and after landing in canada you won't declare that you are not physically fit to work and go on government assistance.. the doctors are chosen by IRC and they follow the guidelines. Also if you do the exam by the doctor you know they can lie. You can check automated phone system regularly to see if you pass the exam or check your email that's how you find out if you pass or fail. You go to any country they need to know that you are physically fit and can take care of yourself and not gonna be a burden.

Daljinder31217

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
Hi All,

I need a help to understand the processing time for my wife applications
I applied for her sponsership in November 8 ,2017 and got the file number in January 6, 2018
medical was done by end of January and Schedule A was checked also in January. I got a mail from CIC that her is file is send for further processing to my home country( New Delhi) in 15th February, 2018. Its been more than 7 months now still waiting for any updates.
last time when i checked with my lawyer on first week of July it was on background check status

online portal still shows as In Process

Any idea on timeline when it should be expected please let me know

Thank you
Is it your fist marriage and any age gap

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hi All,
I need help on this.
Do I have to include our wedding pictures with my application? if yes, does it have to be the pictures itself or can I just scan them in plan sheets and send.
Also the question asking if she is pregnant in IMM 5532 is it compulsory I declare the pregnancy? what is the implication.
Thanks in anticipation.
YES scanning pictures is always acceptable rather take less headache for them. But make sure you buy a glossy or thick good quality photo paper and print 2 or 4 photos on each sheet. Old method of POST CARD sized photos is disappearing with new digital things, that method take lot of room and lot of staff times to scan and store..Also it would be very easy for you to add FOOT NOTES notes below each photo. For example: DATE, PLACE Wife;s House, L to R>Myself, wife her sister xxxxx, her mom xxxxx, her dad xxxxx. May use MS WORD>insert or DRAW a TABLE so all 4 photos fit on that page leaving room for your notes. This way keep a copy of all pages in your PC as well. Saves time and money too. I hope you like this. My friend did this way in the past so I also followed my friend whose wife is here already.
FORGOT:- Don't forget to write on top of each page:- SPONSOR'S FULL NAME + D.O.B., APPLICANT'S FULL NAME+ D.O.B. as per guide. This way you don't have to write on back of each photo this info (OLDER METHOD as per guide) Now they won't have to see both sides of each photo this way! :) ABOVE method worked 100%.

Last edited:

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hi All,
I need help on this.
Thanks in anticipation.
You MUST declare this thing and it will help in case.

Yomi ajayi

Sep 2, 2018
Hi Guys,
Please have two questions in need help with. Im a PR here in canada, my wife just got a visitors visa to visit me here. At the same time we are preparing an application for her permanent residence.
Here is my question:
Firstly do we send our filled forms (sponsor and applicant package) separately to CIC address or we can send in the same courier.
Secondly since she can come on a visit visa, do u suggest inland our out of canada application. Tending towards out of canada cause i understand the inland takes forever, but i dont know if she can submit her police report and medical test in advance before leaving nigeria? Sorry for the long post

Reactions: Ivan Duhok
Jun 10, 2018
hello again,

my application is due to be submitted this week.
assuming things will go well, and me and my kids with a former wife are asked to go for medical, is a school id sufficient identification for the children?
my ex and i are not in good terms, and there is no way she will let them come with me for medical with their passports.

thank you.

ssknair

Aug 17, 2017
Hi guys,

I have got my passport request on last week of August and have submitted my passport at NDVO on 30th Aug 2018. The application shows that it is being processed at NDVO. What is the wait now?

Anyone with similar timeline?

John013

Jun 17, 2017
The Netherlands
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-06-2017
File Transfer...
03-07-2017
Med's Request
02-11-2017
Med's Done....
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2018
LANDED..........
06-10-2018
Hi Guys,
Please have two questions in need help with. Im a PR here in canada, my wife just got a visitors visa to visit me here. At the same time we are preparing an application for her permanent residence.
Here is my question:
Firstly do we send our filled forms (sponsor and applicant package) separately to CIC address or we can send in the same courier.
Secondly since she can come on a visit visa, do u suggest inland our out of canada application. Tending towards out of canada cause i understand the inland takes forever, but i dont know if she can submit her police report and medical test in advance before leaving nigeria? Sorry for the long post
All forms for the sponsorship application have to be send in the same package at the same time. Inland takes the same as outland now, she can also get an open work permit if she applies for it at the same time as the sponsorship, she cant leave Canada until she gets approved PR though otherwise they will cancel the app.

Daljinder31217

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
Hi guys,

I have got my passport request on last week of August and have submitted my passport at NDVO on 30th Aug 2018. The application shows that it is being processed at NDVO. What is the wait now?

Anyone with similar timeline?
When you have applied in Canada and when your processing was started at NDVO. Plz let me know