+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Sam.ham

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi everybody,
After I finished all my application ( for my spouse and daughter ) someone told me that they will refuse my application because I wasn’t physically present at the day of marriage ( my uncle singed in place of me because I can enter my country because of the war there )
But after the marriage was registered in my country I lived with my spouse more than 14 months in another country and we have daughter!!!

He advised me to change my application to common-law partner

Now if this is the case who can I change all my files to common-law partner
Please guide me ?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi everybody,
After I finished all my application ( for my spouse and daughter ) someone told me that they will refuse my application because I wasn’t physically present at the day of marriage ( my uncle singed in place of me because I can enter my country because of the war there )
But after the marriage was registered in my country I lived with my spouse more than 14 months in another country and we have daughter!!!

He advised me to change my application to common-law partner

Now if this is the case who can I change all my files to common-law partner
Please guide me ?
Proxy marriage is not accepted by CIC so that part is in fact correct - you must be physically present in order for it to be recognized by CIC.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1081&top=14

I do not know if CIC will let you switch from marriage to common law. You may have to withdraw and reapply as common law. Have you tried getting in contact with them?

Haussem Hoo

Mar 28, 2016
guys my file have 2 month in paris and they dont send to me pre-arrival etter or date of interview ......did any one have any idea whats the next step???

Taur

Mar 30, 2017
Proxy marriage is not accepted by CIC so that part is in fact correct - you must be physically present in order for it to be recognized by CIC.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1081&top=14

I do not know if CIC will let you switch from marriage to common law. You may have to withdraw and reapply as common law. Have you tried getting in contact with them?

Hii, I need someone who can help me in this dilemma. I came to Canada last year. It’s been a year now. My current status is worker. Since day one I am living with my bf. He got his PR last year in December. Now after declaring our relationship under common law, he is planning to sponsor me for my PR on common law basis.

The area of concern is we haven’t yet disclosed our relationship to my parents, whereas his family knows about us. And we don’t yet want my parents to know about this because they may not accept us yet.

So our concern is, if he sponsors me through common law, this would or would not affect our privacy and disclose our relationship to my parents? Is there any chance of this thing happening throughout the process or CIC application process understands the privacy of applicants and keep all the information provided confidential.

We are confused whether to go for it or not.
Please any inputs and suggestions from your own experience would be appreciated.

Chady afara

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
Hi everyone i am stuck on a question and really need some help... im on the supporting documents for princeaple applicant and all family members weather they are accompying you to canada or not.Who are the family members????? Do i have to get supporting documents for her father and mother and siblings im lost please help

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Sam.ham

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018

Chady afara

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
Hello again..

The question where is askes if you and your spouse are living together my answer is yes and they want me to show proof two of the following 3 options.
-joint ownership
-joint leases
-joint rental agreements
Or
Proof of joint utilities (phone, electricity, gas)
Or
Important documents for me and my spouse such as government issued documents ,drivers licence, insurance policies.
My problem is me and my wife live in lebanon and are renting our apartment and in this country all we get is a electric bill every month that comes in the name of the owner of the apartment where we are living all we have is a rental agreement nothing else. My drivers licence is in my name cell phones are prepaid i dont know what i should do need help asap!!!

Reactions: Sam.ham

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
Thanks for your response I didn’t submit my application yet
Then you can submit your application under common law if you continuously lived together for at least 12 months or remarry your spouse with both of you physically present at the wedding this time. Your not considered married in the eyes of CIC because they don’t recognize marriages where one of the spouses was not physically present at the wedding so your marriage is not legal in Canada.

Chady afara

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
Hello again..

The question where is askes if you and your spouse are living together my answer is yes and they want me to show proof two of the following 3 options.
-joint ownership
-joint leases
-joint rental agreements
Or
Or
Important documents for me and my spouse such as government issued documents ,drivers licence, insurance policies.
My problem is me and my wife live in lebanon and are renting our apartment and in this country all we get is a electric bill every month that comes in the name of the owner of the apartment where we are living all we have is a rental agreement nothing else. My drivers licence is in my name cell phones are prepaid i dont know what i should do need help asap

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
Hello again..

-joint ownership
-joint leases
-joint rental agreements
Or
Or
My problem is me and my wife live in lebanon and are renting our apartment and in this country all we get is a electric bill every month that comes in the name of the owner of the apartment where we are living all we have is a rental agreement nothing else. My drivers licence is in my name cell phones are prepaid i dont know what i should do need help asap
Can you get a life insurance listing each other as beneficiary? It may help as well...

mrs_december

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-05-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
File Transfer...
26-06-2018
Med's Request
18-06-2018
Med's Done....
06-07-2018
Passport Req..
22-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-09-2018
Hello again..

-joint ownership
-joint leases
-joint rental agreements
Or
Or
Obtain a notarized statement from your landlord that you and your wife are both tenants of the apartment and have been since your move-in date. Then write a letter explaining that the utilities are issued in the landlord's name. Does your wife not have any official identification (drivers license, passport, etc.) with your address on it? They want to see evidence that both of you reside in the same location.

RamGenius

Star Member
Jun 29, 2013
Hi i want to sponsor my spouse next year we are getting married.
I will be in India for 2 months. My question is can i file the outbound sponsorship application while i am in India or do i have to be in Canada for this.

mrs_december

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-05-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
File Transfer...
26-06-2018
Med's Request
18-06-2018
Med's Done....
06-07-2018
Passport Req..
22-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-09-2018
Hi i want to sponsor my spouse next year we are getting married.
I will be in India for 2 months. My question is can i file the outbound sponsorship application while i am in India or do i have to be in Canada for this.
If you are a Canadian citizen, then you can file while not in Canada. If you are a permanent resident of Canada, you must be inside Canada in order to sponsor a spouse.

Haussem Hoo

Mar 28, 2016
guys my file have 2 month in paris and they dont send to me pre-arrival letter or date of interview ......did any one have any idea whats probably is gonna be the next step???