+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Dec 9, 2009
I am Canadian citizen and my spouse is in India which documents I need to send in original to sponsor my spouse

onkarsharan

Apr 21, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-07-2017
Doc's Request.
30-07-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
22-07-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
01-05.2018
Hi, I received my Permanent Residence on 1st May after Landing. I came back to my Home country on 8th and got married after that.

I intend to go back to Canada permanently by November and immediately apply for spousal outland sponsorship. I intent to bring my wife on visit visa after a month or so (she already has a TRV to Canada). She can stay with me and travel upon expiry of her stay and then come back. We can repeat it until she gets a Passport Request at the home country.

Now, either I can do Inland applications (calling her on TRV and then applying), but it seems the process will be too long and also, she can’t travel.

Please suggest if the first option is viable.

golden_leaf

Star Member
May 24, 2018
I am Canadian citizen and my spouse is in India which documents I need to send in original to sponsor my spouse
Hello,

You only need to send the original signed forms (Principal Applicant and Sponsor) and the original police clearance certificate (Principal Applicant) to the IRCC while applying.

Hope this helps.

Sincere Regards

0524Sharma

Dec 9, 2017
Hi All,

I got married to by husband(Permanent residence living in Canada) this May and I have been living in India since my birth.

We are in process of filling forms for my sponsorship program. I need help on below point in the form IM1344.

Q. Are you sponsoring a member of the family class or a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class?

I am not aware about the difference between the family class and Canada class. Can someone help me on this? As to if we should answer as "Yes" or "No" for this question

golden_leaf

Star Member
May 24, 2018
Hi All,

I got married to by husband(Permanent residence living in Canada) this May and I have been living in India since my birth.

We are in process of filling forms for my sponsorship program. I need help on below point in the form IM1344.

Q. Are you sponsoring a member of the family class or a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class?

I am not aware about the difference between the family class and Canada class. Can someone help me on this? As to if we should answer as "Yes" or "No" for this question
Hello,

You need to select a "Yes" here.

Hope this helps.

Sincere Regards

rhonshaey

Jul 14, 2018
Hi to all,

The IRCC received my application last May 19, 2016 as a inland spousal sponsorship and i know it was 26 months processing time, but till now july 2018 it was 26 months already theres no decision yet. What i need to do?

jandanpawcy2

Jul 14, 2018
Hi so i have a question,..came here 4yrs ago,married but my husband didn't come with me since we were separated 10yrs ago,just this year we got our annulment dicision and it is finally final so our marriage is null and void already. Now i have a boyfriend back home and we are planning to get married nxt yr,my question is,do i still need to
file a divorce here since my xhusband is not here in canada and the marriage way in our country before? is there any complications when i have to start processing my new husband's paper?

kohinoor13ster

Jul 10, 2018
Hi,
I am sponsoring my wife.
In country specific requirements i need to fill up IMM 5562 SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION- Your travels. There is one section there for SPOUSE. Does tht mean i have to fill it up?? Or it does not apply??

Thanks

golden_leaf

Star Member
May 24, 2018
Hi,
I am sponsoring my wife.
In country specific requirements i need to fill up IMM 5562 SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION- Your travels. There is one section there for SPOUSE. Does tht mean i have to fill it up?? Or it does not apply??

Thanks
Hello,

It is advisable to fill up that information.

Sincere Regards

PzSingh

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
India
Category........
FAM
You should apply to extend his visitor stats before it expires in September. Even if you submit the application before his status expires, there's always some risk the application may be returned as incomplete which would put him out of status in Canada. By applying for an extension, you effectively purchase insurance that covers the risk of the PR application being returned.

No - you cannot use the temp marriage certificate. That's not actually a marriage certificate and quite often the full application is returned as incomplete without the actual marriage certificate.

Yes - there are ways to request expedited processing. Recommend you search the forum for discussions about this in the Family Sponsorship section of the forum (this topic was being discussed in a dedicated thread just the other day).
hi Scylla ..... thanks for your earlier replies - thats on different subject though ..... well my son sponsored his wife and all is going fine ..... application submitted 16 Apr 18 and medicals done and also police verification completed ..... now application forwarded to High Commission/Embassy of Canada at New Delhi wef 16 Jun 18 ...... would like to know how long it going to take for final decision and when is it and communicated to us ...... regards .... PzSingh

senggggg

Jul 13, 2018
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 23, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 6, 2017.
  3. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 29, 2018.
  4. We started processing your application on January 29, 2018.
  5. We sent you medical instructions on March 23, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. Medical results have been received.
  7. We sent you correspondence on May 22, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
They told me to submit my passport and 2 copy recent picture to submit vfs global.
I submitted my passport and picture to vfs global on 28 May 2018, Canada visa office, Singapore received on 30 May 2018, No update yet. Its only shows your application is in "Under Process". I am worried.@pakistaniwife :(
:(:(:(:(

Hello @Pakistaniwife is there any update in your application? Here's my timeline:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 17, 2018.
2. We sent you medical instructions on June 28, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. (I've had my medical last July 5, 2018)
3. Medical results have been received. (as of July 16, 2018) My visa process was also sent here in Manila Office Philippines for further processing.

I am missing steps 2-4, is that normal? Thanks for your reply in advance

senggggg

Jul 13, 2018
Hello everyone please little bit help I gota request about medical exam 2 days ago.I's this means that me and my sponsor have make our application correct and we continue with the rest now, and do I have too mail the result off medical exam or the panel send the result too them . please help

Hello, they will send it directly to the Canadian Embassy. Wait for your status update or they'll send you an email.