+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
Hi Everyone
I am new to this page and I am still working on the application. My husband is sponsoring me.
Can anyone please help me in arranging documents?
I have few questions:

1. The guide says place all barcode pages underneath the checklist. So do we need to submit the barcode pages twice? one underneath the checklist and other with the form, or just once?
2. For the proof of the trips we did together do we need to submit all the flights, boarding passes, hotels etc.? I found some bookings but not all.
3. I created collage of photographs and printed them on 8x10 size. on the back on each photo i write the details with pen. Is that ok?
4. How to arrange all documents? how many packages and sub packages do we need to make while sending the application.?

Thanks in advance.
1. Just one set of barcodes pages. Just pull those from the forms and put it just underneath the checklist (I might be anal but I also ordered the barcodes pages following the checklist order).
2. If you have bookings emails, that would also be good if you didn't find boarding passes or hotels receipts. If you can remember the flight dates and destinations, you can call the airline to issue you copies of those tickets.
3. I wouldn't take a risk of doing this that way because it would be confusing. It's better to print individuals photos (4x6) and writing on the back of each with a pen or to do a set in a Word document by putting photos and caption each photo. Both way is generally ok.
4. You order the documents following the checklist order : Checklist, barcodes pages, forms, receipts and relationship proof (usually those proofs is at the end of the appication package). There is a few good threads about this so search for it ;)

mrs_december

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-05-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
File Transfer...
26-06-2018
Med's Request
18-06-2018
Med's Done....
06-07-2018
Passport Req..
22-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-09-2018
Hi Everyone
I am new to this page and I am still working on the application. My husband is sponsoring me.
Can anyone please help me in arranging documents?
I have few questions:

1. The guide says place all barcode pages underneath the checklist. So do we need to submit the barcode pages twice? one underneath the checklist and other with the form, or just once?
2. For the proof of the trips we did together do we need to submit all the flights, boarding passes, hotels etc.? I found some bookings but not all.
3. I created collage of photographs and printed them on 8x10 size. on the back on each photo i write the details with pen. Is that ok?
4. How to arrange all documents? how many packages and sub packages do we need to make while sending the application.?

Thanks in advance.
1. Submit them one time. Put them in order where the checklist directs you to place them. Do not put two copies in the application.
2. Provide what you have and make sure to label each one with pertinent info (your DOB, your name, document and question they refer to, any other info as needed).
3. Yes.
4. Do not include anything other than the papers and your supporting pics, docs, etc. Make a stack in the exact order that the checklist directs--you do not need binder clips, staples, paper clips, folders, or anything else. Just a loose stack of paper in the correct order of the checklist. If you have loose photos, then put them together with a single rubber band. That is everything you need to do. They don't want a lot of "stuff" to deal with, just the paperwork.

gelescr

Dec 6, 2017
App. Filed.......
2017-10-31
Doc's Request.
2017-12-27
AOR Received.
2017-12-19
Anybody know about the medical exam when it gets sent to Ottawa health branch for assessment how long after until you generally receive a response ?? I’m OUTLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

BarryB

May 22, 2018
My wife and I both got an email tonight, mine was saying I was found eligible to sponsor her and she was eligible for PR. Does this mean we are almost at the end? Or what other steps are there, and when do we send her passport in? as they have been reviewing the background check for months and is only thing left outstanding.

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
My wife and I both got an email tonight, mine was saying I was found eligible to sponsor her and she was eligible for PR. Does this mean we are almost at the end? Or what other steps are there, and when do we send her passport in? as they have been reviewing the background check for months and is only thing left outstanding.
Looks like the passport request is on it way. Congrats!

cara269

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
My OWP extension was approved today , I got 2 more years , sent in together with my inland common-law sponsor documents in March 2018 , but the sponsorship application is still pending , during the time it was in process I moved to a different location and updated my address online , the info I'm getting in the email it will take 6 weeks to get the new OWP in the mail ,what will I expect the original document or a letter to go to immigration ?

Last edited:

⚡Thor⚡

Mar 16, 2018
Why would Singapore office send documents to my wife if no decision is made online? They sent to the wrong address so they have to send again and they give no details of what they were sending.Maybe feedback on the police clearance in Hong Kong as we were late?

aj355

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
1. Submit them one time. Put them in order where the checklist directs you to place them. Do not put two copies in the application.
2. Provide what you have and make sure to label each one with pertinent info (your DOB, your name, document and question they refer to, any other info as needed).
3. Yes.
4. Do not include anything other than the papers and your supporting pics, docs, etc. Make a stack in the exact order that the checklist directs--you do not need binder clips, staples, paper clips, folders, or anything else. Just a loose stack of paper in the correct order of the checklist. If you have loose photos, then put them together with a single rubber band. That is everything you need to do. They don't want a lot of "stuff" to deal with, just the paperwork.
Thanks for your reply.

I have few more questions-

1. My husband don't have recent NOA (notice of assessment) from CRA, as we just moved from US to Canada in 2018. we have added an explanation letter mentioning the same and have attached his U.S. tax return (for 2017) and his recent payslips and employment offer letter. He did filed Canadian tax in 2016 (as non resident, showing zero income in Canada). Should we also attach that 2016 NOA?

2. We have been living together (in U.S., and now in Canada) since our marriage for last 1.5 years. We have attached a lot of documents supporting that (including our passports which have each other name, U.S. tax returns showing both of us as spouse, and multiple govt issued documents). Should we also attach document indicating our relationship prior to the marriage (e.g.: chat history, calls etc.). I believe it is not mandatory since we are living together, but do other people in similar situation, still attach these?

3. In Open Work Permit application do we need to submit all the passport page copies or just the latest passport? I have 3 passports.

4. Is it Ok to use Highlighter on documents to highlight information which we want to show?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

mrs_december

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-05-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
File Transfer...
26-06-2018
Med's Request
18-06-2018
Med's Done....
06-07-2018
Passport Req..
22-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-09-2018
1. Yes, include his most recent NOA.
2. Include as much information as you believe substantiates your case, but yes, if it were me, I'd be interested to show that I had a relationship prior to being married, particularly since you've been married less than 2 years. The fact that you're living together doesn't make your relationship legitimate. Include items from the checklist that the CIC has specifically asked for as proof of relationship.
3. That I don't know, perhaps someone else here can shed some light for you.

aj355

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
1. Yes, include his most recent NOA.
2. Include as much information as you believe substantiates your case, but yes, if it were me, I'd be interested to show that I had a relationship prior to being married, particularly since you've been married less than 2 years. The fact that you're living together doesn't make your relationship legitimate. Include items from the checklist that the CIC has specifically asked for as proof of relationship.
3. That I don't know, perhaps someone else here can shed some light for you.
Thanks for the explanation :)

One more thing-
Is it Ok to use Highlighter on documents to highlight information which we want to show?

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
Thanks for the explanation :)

One more thing-
Is it Ok to use Highlighter on documents to highlight information which we want to show?
There is no mention which forbid using highlighter on forms so go ahead. It will certainly help and I used it myself on some support documents to outline the names which are a bit small and not obvious at first.

acrobatmoon

Apr 18, 2018
Abbotsford, BC, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
I'm about to resubmit my PR application, returned due to me erroneously sending a T4 for my sponsor instead of a Notice of Assessment or Statement of Income. Can I just print off a Statement of Income online (can't do NoA, as my sponsor just filed her taxes) or do I need to wait for something "official" in the mail?

zeemaple

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
Nomination.....
16-10-2014
Hi everyone. So, I'm a PR holder. Just got married, my wife resides outside Canada and never been to Canada. Can she apply for PR through the spousal sponsorship and also apply for a work permit together even while outside the country. Read on the CIC website that you can attach an application for an open work permit to your PR application. Not sure if it applies to applicants that reside outside Canada or just for applicants that are visitors or students.

laineyq

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hi, open work permit is for inland application. Spouses/ common law who are already in Canada.

Hi everyone. So, I'm a PR holder. Just got married, my wife resides outside Canada and never been to Canada. Can she apply for PR through the spousal sponsorship and also apply for a work permit together even while outside the country. Read on the CIC website that you can attach an application for an open work permit to your PR application. Not sure if it applies to applicants that reside outside Canada or just for applicants that are visitors or students.

Lala06

Jul 6, 2018
Hi friends,
Just received the PPR email. I was wondering if I could deliver the package in person to a VAC instead of mailing it. Would that work?
Also, does the fact that we got this email before an interview request mean that we don't need to do an interview at all or that's still a possibility?
Thanks in advance
Hi

Where’s your VO? Have you submitted your passport?