+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Jameela Zaheem

May 18, 2018
Hi to all,
I need a guidance from you all. My husband was received an application form which we were send to Canada Embassy before, because of one paper application form is incomplete from us. They send a letter us to complete it and resend again. So we did it and resubmitted the application form on 12th June 2018 to Canada embassy.

Can anyone let me know how long do we need to wait from their response?
Please can anyone response to my question? I’m just wondering

Jan 15, 2018
Hello, I am sponsoring my spouse and we have submitted the application in March 2018 and the background check has started. Upon review of our documents we have realized that we have indicated wrong dates on the IMM 5669 form under addresses.
There are dates we indicated that my spouse was residing in his home country but in fact he was here in Canada. What is the best way to correct this? Should we send an email to the IRCC webform and explain the error? Thank you for any advice!

Nataliep123

Jan 6, 2017
Hey guys i need some help. I am going to get married next weekend to my boyfriend in order to sponsor him. I know that we need to send in all paper work maximum 30 days before his visa expires in mid september. im told that the marriage certificate comes in 8 weeks. is there any way to expedite it? also i know that they give us a temp one. can we use that?

Jun 10, 2018
hi there,
my wife and i were married april 24. she is a canadian citizen and we are planning to submit an application for spousal visa. both of us are gainfully employed, she in canada, and me in UAE.
my question is, do we need to show any form of financial support, like sending money monthly, as proof of marriage?

golden_leaf

Star Member
May 24, 2018
Hello All,

I am a May applicant. Recently, the immigration requested us for 2 documents. One of the docs were already submitted before and the other was sent last Friday by our representative. How long would we need to wait to hear from the immigration next? We are still waiting to hear that my spouse is eligible to sponsor me.

Sincere Regards

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
New
After getting PR card by applicant , if applicant & sponsor(Canadian Citizen) start living together outside Canada , Does the time which they spend together outside Canada count or not in order to maintain time requirement of 3 years for citizenship?
No - it does not count towards citizenship. It only counts towards maintaining PR status. For citizenship, you need to physically live in Canada.

Reactions: Aries69

Exorcist

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
can you share the whole process and timeline
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 23, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 6, 2017.
  3. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 29, 2018.
  4. We started processing your application on January 29, 2018.
  5. We sent you medical instructions on March 23, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. Medical results have been received.
  7. We sent you correspondence on May 22, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  • 1.After submit the file it takes 2 months to start processing.

2.Asked for Police clearence---2months later.

3.One moth for medical and after that within 1 moth i received pre arrival.

4.One moth more to takes PR & Passport request.

5. After submitting the passport VFS Global took 26 days to give it back.

Nataliep123

Jan 6, 2017
Hey guys i need some help. I am going to get married next weekend to my boyfriend in order to sponsor him. I know that we need to send in all paper work maximum 30 days before his visa expires in mid september. im told that the marriage certificate comes in 8 weeks. is there any way to expedite it? also i know that they give us a temp one. can we use that?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You should apply to extend his visitor stats before it expires in September. Even if you submit the application before his status expires, there's always some risk the application may be returned as incomplete which would put him out of status in Canada. By applying for an extension, you effectively purchase insurance that covers the risk of the PR application being returned.

No - you cannot use the temp marriage certificate. That's not actually a marriage certificate and quite often the full application is returned as incomplete without the actual marriage certificate.

Yes - there are ways to request expedited processing. Recommend you search the forum for discussions about this in the Family Sponsorship section of the forum (this topic was being discussed in a dedicated thread just the other day).

Reactions: Nataliep123

Nataliep123

Jan 6, 2017
You should apply to extend his visitor stats before it expires in September. Even if you submit the application before his status expires, there's always some risk the application may be returned as incomplete which would put him out of status in Canada. By applying for an extension, you effectively purchase insurance that covers the risk of the PR application being returned.

No - you cannot use the temp marriage certificate. That's not actually a marriage certificate and quite often the full application is returned as incomplete without the actual marriage certificate.

Yes - there are ways to request expedited processing. Recommend you search the forum for discussions about this in the Family Sponsorship section of the forum (this topic was being discussed in a dedicated thread just the other day).

kindly let me know if you come across the thread

aj355

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
Hi Everyone
I am new to this page and I am still working on the application. My husband is sponsoring me.
Can anyone please help me in arranging documents?
I have few questions:

1. The guide says place all barcode pages underneath the checklist. So do we need to submit the barcode pages twice? one underneath the checklist and other with the form, or just once?
2. For the proof of the trips we did together do we need to submit all the flights, boarding passes, hotels etc.? I found some bookings but not all.
3. I created collage of photographs and printed them on 8x10 size. on the back on each photo i write the details with pen. Is that ok?
4. How to arrange all documents? how many packages and sub packages do we need to make while sending the application.?

Thanks in advance.