+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

outdoorcharles

Mar 27, 2018
For us it took 9 months after we did medicals for PPR. It's different for everyone, though. In a straightforward situation, you're looking at 9-12 months total, on average.

And we did outland, so unfortunately I have no knowledge of OWP stuff.
9 months??? That would put my application at a total processing time of over 15 months. That doesn't sound right but the order in which you were asked for documents is different from me (schedule A and police checks first) + I'm in inland applicant. I'm hoping it all gets processed within the 12 months timeframe.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
9 months??? That would put my application at a total processing time of over 15 months. That doesn't sound right but the order in which you were asked for documents is different from me (schedule A and police checks first) + I'm in inland applicant. I'm hoping it all gets processed within the 12 months timeframe.
Inland is averaging right at the 12 month mark, so you'll be fine

Reactions: goteborg

Kary.5

Mar 23, 2018
Colombia
Hi
On what grounds do you think you qualify for a work permit? Just having a job offer doesn't qualify you.
I found out that I'm no able to apply for a work permit because
With the lmia i can't work commission based. I need a salary, so i guess the best way to apply is sponsorship class.

Sreeh1989

Mar 14, 2018
Apply TRV again on your behalf, show your fund in Canada because you are husband and explanation letter, we didnt get enough time to spend each other after marriage because of job and I will take full responsibility, she will be back in home country after x months and she has lots of responsibility also like take care of parents and bro/sis. therefore she will back. Now summer is going to start in Canada, we want to share some quality time together. Canada government also want all family together, so plz trust on me... try your luck once again, not a big deal. Make your file more powerful so they will not reject, once she is here, apply PR file, no need to go back.
Apply TRV again on your behalf, show your fund in Canada because you are husband and explanation letter, we didnt get enough time to spend each other after marriage because of job and I will take full responsibility, she will be back in home country after x months and she has lots of responsibility also like take care of parents and bro/sis. therefore she will back. Now summer is going to start in Canada, we want to share some quality time together. Canada government also want all family together, so plz trust on me... try your luck once again, not a big deal. Make your file more powerful so they will not reject, once she is here, apply PR file, no need to go back.
Thanks a lot for your response. Thats gives me confidence now. I already showed funds before.
I will show it again.
Can you think of any other documents i can attach.

Kutzjohn

Mar 28, 2018
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New delhi
App. Filed.......
17-11-2017
Doc's Request.
22-01-2018
AOR Received.
12-01-2018
File Transfer...
20-04-2018
Med's Request
20-02-2018
Med's Done....
24-04-2018
Hi
I would like to share my experiance. I am an Indian citizen and my husband is canadian. I applied for my spouse visa on 17th nov 2017 and got a response from cic for police clearance on 22nd jan 2018 and after that I got request for medicals on 19th Feb. As i have lived in UK 3yrs they asked for UK police clearance on 20th March. Now waiting for their reply. Will it take long?

Last edited:

AppCan

Aug 23, 2017
POLICE CLEARANCE UPDATED CHECK LIST 2018.

Hi everyone
I've submitted my In Canada spouse application twice before in November (returned because we forgot to sign a page) and again in January (missing bc for my daughter).
There is no communication between me and my ex spouse who has main custody of the children hence it's really tedious to try get documents etc.
I have only managed to do far because my eldest son (23yo) tries and help in his limited capacity as the relationship between me and ex spouse is still very sensitive and volatile.
With the new updated checklist (feb 2018) which now requires police clearance upfront for myself and dependent children (non accompanying) with the application I am at a loss.

I have my status as visitor extended till may 2019. My question is with the police clearance, I've lived in Qatar and the embassy has told me that their police clearance takes up to 6 months! Plus singapore as my other country, the Singapore police clearance requires a formal request letter from CIC. So what do I do now? Can I submit my application with an explanation letter about this or will it just be a waste of time? I still need the request letter from cic to process the Singapore police clearance. Ugh so frustrating. please can anyone advise? Thank you in advance.

Pakistaniwife

Mar 16, 2018
Hi
I would like to share my experiance. I am an Indian citizen and my husband is canadian. I applied for my spouse visa on 17th nov 2017 and got a response from cic for police clearance on 22nd jan 2018 and after that I got request for medicals on 19th Feb. As i have lived in UK 3yrs they asked for UK police clearance on 20th March. Now waiting for their reply. Will it take long?
Probably every new assignment takes a month , may be you got an email file transfered to London or some more documents are required.

My file transferred to london lvo and I m waiting for new email. Don't know how much time require to get passport request ?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Anyone tell their experience if their file sent to London and how long it took to get passport request ?
It was around 9 months for us. Never got PPR, just COPR, but we're visa exempt and it's rare.

Once the file was sent to LVO it was about 6 months ish processing time.

We applied March 1 and landed December 11.

LVO is a slower office.

Pakistaniwife

Mar 16, 2018
It was around 9 months for us. Never got PPR, just COPR, but we're visa exempt and it's rare.

Once the file was sent to LVO it was about 6 months ish processing time.

We applied March 1 and landed December 11.

LVO is a slower office.
But I heard many got visa within 6 months from application submitted date . It's true?