+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Bakhlava

Jul 29, 2017
Hi...do you have any proofs that you were separated from your ex husband since 2015, maybe tax returns from that year showing your status as separated, maybe any other documents? Would be good to have any documents like that just in case CIC wonders about details of your first meeting and you could send those documents to them to make it clear to them that you really were separated at that time.
HI yes I have my tax returns showing I was separated in 2015, which I sent with my package. I have pictures with my husband since 2013 when we were best friends. I have a lot of documents and pictures showing our relationship is genuine. Just wondering if the fact that I got married two weeks after my divorced certificate arrived will cause a problem.

Also, do they issue visitor visa when an application has been filed. I have an operation in March and wanted to have him by my side.

sswalia

Dec 3, 2017
Hello, I am sponsoring my wife from India. Does anyone know if Aadhaar card is considered a national identity document? Has anyone sponsoring their spouse from India submitted the application saying "No" to "Do you have national identity document?"? Just wondering whether I should input Aadhaar card information in the generic application form or just say no and only fill in the Passport details. Thanks!

zizaheer

Aug 8, 2014
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
05-Mar-2015
Nomination.....
17-Dec-2014 (PER)
AOR Received.
28-Jan-2015 (AOR)
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Not yet
Med's Request
26-May-2016
Med's Done....
31-May-2016
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
13-Jun-2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 2016
LANDED..........
October 2016, InshaAllah
Friends, I am sponsoring my wife. File is under processing. During this period we are blessed with a baby. She had a MR just 4 days before the delivery date. Doctor didn't complete all the tests since delivery date was so close. Could you please help me how to add my child with the ongoing application? What are the forms and procedures?

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Can someone help, please.

Please bring the following original documents:

A valid passport or travel document; if you were previously advised that you are exempt
from the passport requirement, bring other documents establishing your identity;
The original of your identity document(s) provided to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville or the local Canada Immigration Center;
All your immigration documents;
Two photographs are required for each person in your family that is being processed for permanent
residence in Canada. Follow the link below for more specifications;

Would "identity documents" just be his ID?
What would "All your immigration documents" be?

Thanks!

sswalia

Dec 3, 2017
Hello all,

I am in the process of preparing an application to sponsor my wife from India. Did anyone provide their spouse's (Principal Applicant) Aadhaar card as the national identity document within the application? If yes, did u get it translated since not all of it is in English?

Thanks!

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Can someone help, please.

Please bring the following original documents:

A valid passport or travel document; if you were previously advised that you are exempt
from the passport requirement, bring other documents establishing your identity;
The original of your identity document(s) provided to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville or the local Canada Immigration Center;
All your immigration documents;
Two photographs are required for each person in your family that is being processed for permanent
residence in Canada. Follow the link below for more specifications;

Would "identity documents" just be his ID?
What would "All your immigration documents" be?

Thanks!
Yes, identity documents would be his ID or any other type of identity document you originally provided in the application.
All immigration documents would be anything he had been previously issued (visitor visa, OWP, etc)

Reactions: KaZRa

emeritus

Jul 11, 2017
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
10-08-2017
File Transfer...
29-08-2017
Med's Request
Dec
Med's Done....
Jan 12
Anyone else at a VO where it takes long time to get medical check request?

Virk543

Dec 5, 2017
Hi I have some query. My wife is Canadian citizen and I'm from Punjab india. Yet me file number on 23Aug2017. Schedule A Form has been submitted. PPC also Submitted. Landing fees and PR pic submitted. Medical on 8-Nov-2017 and medical has been received.now what will be next step.

KayEll

Sep 15, 2017
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
05-07-2017
Doc's Request.
23-08-2017
AOR Received.
10-08-2017
File Transfer...
10-10-2017
Med's Request
18-08-2017
Med's Done....
21-08-2017
Passport Req..
06-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2018
LANDED..........
24-06-2018
Hi I have some query. My wife is Canadian citizen and I'm from Punjab india. Yet me file number on 23Aug2017. Schedule A Form has been submitted. PPC also Submitted. Landing fees and PR pic submitted. Medical on 8-Nov-2017 and medical has been received.now what will be next step.
Your file will soon be transferred to your local visa office for further processing. It will be NDVO (New Delhi Visa Office) in you case where they will check whether your relationship is genuine or not. Your background check will be processed. All of this can take anywhere from 3-9months. And then your PR. Good luck!

Ravs1988

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
I've read somewhere that while the sponsorship file is still pending, visitor visa for the same person would be rejected since he/she can't convince the officer she/he is going back to her/his country before the visa expires, is this true?
My husband was out of status for a bit as they refused to issue him another PGWP he was on implied status. We than applied for visitor visa and it was approved while we wait out the process of the sponsorship application . Applied friday.. approved on monday

sswalia

Dec 3, 2017
Hello all,

I am in the process of preparing an application to sponsor my wife from India. Did anyone provide their spouse's (Principal Applicant) Aadhaar card as the national identity document within the application? If yes, did u get it translated since not all of it is in English?

Thanks!
Please advise, thank you!

redhotgalego

Star Member
Aug 20, 2015
Quick stupid question: should we check sections that we are not submitting even to prove that we have reviewed them? For example, document checklist, 6. Medical examination: "do not complete a medical examination at this time". Should I still check that?
Thanks!

gelescr

Dec 6, 2017
App. Filed.......
2017-10-31
Doc's Request.
2017-12-27
AOR Received.
2017-12-19
Hi guys,

im hoping that somebody can put my mind at ease. I applied for my husband (outland)on October 31, 2017 it was received at the case processing centre in Mississauga, ONTARIO . I have yet to receive anything , no email, no approval of sponsor, which is normal because i am in another group where in some cases it has taken 2 months. However, I did not submit my NOTICE OF ASSESSMENT (with explanation), because i was waiting for it to come surely enough my notice of assessment finally came and now I am unable to send it in as I don't have an application number/ my file probably hasn't been opened.

Did anybody submit close to before or after this date? Have you heard anything back? pretty anxious to submit this notice of assessment.

Thanks in advance!!

gelescr

Dec 6, 2017
App. Filed.......
2017-10-31
Doc's Request.
2017-12-27
AOR Received.
2017-12-19
Hello all,

I (Sponsor) am just in the process of preparing the spousal sponsorship application to sponsor my wife outside Canada. I have a question regarding the limit on Proof of Contact. As per the checklist, I am supposed to be limit the "Proof of Contact" to maximum 10 pages. Does anyone with experience know whether it is 10 pages single-sided or 10 pages double-sided (which basically means 20 pages single sided)?

Thank you for your help in advance!

Hello,

I basically submitted 10 pages not double sided, unless it was my phone bill (that showed the amount of texts a day). I feel like if they want more information they will ask, some people I heard did double sided.

Good luck!

redhotgalego

Star Member
Aug 20, 2015
How do you indicate that, instead of filling something up, you attach the information on a separate sheet of paper? Do you just leave it blank or do you write something?

Thanks a lot