+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Jack sal

Oct 16, 2017
hi! i need some advice from this group..i just landed as a newly immigrant..i just found out that i can apply my partner even before landing here in Canada..my consultancy agency advised me before that I cannot add my partner because we don’t have any proof that our relationship is genuine as we don’t have evidences like shared property or shared bank accounts..so they told me that the best way is to land first then let my partner apply through ee..I and my partner are in a relationship for more than a year now but could not live together as previously we both are working in Saudi and in that country same sex relationship is not allowed (reason why we can’t have the joint bank account)..now, that I’m in Canada, I was wondering if we could apply as a Conjugal Sponsorship? My partner and I are both Filipinos, same sex is not supported in the Philippines..She’s currently in the Philippines with no job..

what sponsorship should i apply?
inland or outland? but im thinking about inland..im not sure if we qualify for conjugal or commonlaw?

You should sponsor your spouse as outland he is outside canada and you are a PR check cic for application package

Jack sal

Oct 16, 2017
You should sponsor your spouse as outland he is outside canada and you are a PR check cic for application package

I was i. Saudi and i waited to come to canada to sponsor my wife bcz i dont want her to be with me in saudi as it is bad their for women.

Luap88

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
I have a hypothetical scenario that I was looking for some clarity on.

My girlfriend is Canadian and lives in Toronto. I’m British and currently living in the UK, and I’m 29. We’re talking about different options for me to go over to Canada and live with her/work. IEC seems like the best option which I’m going to apply for when the pools open but we’re also looking at alternatives should I not get an invite to apply.

If we were to decide that we loved each other enough to get married and went down the spousal sponsor ship route after we did that, would I be able to enter Canada as a visitor and live with her, apply for spousal sponsor ship and get an open work permit that would allow me to work in an office or some sort of admin role whilst we wait for the application to go through?

Jonesk9

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
Does anyone know if you apply for common law Spousal inland but your spouse is a British citizen living in Canada, does his application get forwarded to the London visa office for review? As the uk processing times for OWP are less than half of the Canadian times.

cliffmari

Oct 30, 2017
i just havea question.Just today our representative who is handling our application for spouse sponsorship sent an email stating that our application has been forwarded to visa office in manila for processing.My medical has already been submitted and i am only waiting for the background check..Does this mean that they will already start the background check since its already forwarded here in manila?please advice.thanks

christina88

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
i just havea question.Just today our representative who is handling our application for spouse sponsorship sent an email stating that our application has been forwarded to visa office in manila for processing.My medical has already been submitted and i am only waiting for the background check..Does this mean that they will already start the background check since its already forwarded here in manila?please advice.thanks
No, it does not mean the VO has started your background check. It only means that they got your case and it is sitting in the pile together with other similar cases. It might take a few months or even more till they actually open your case.

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Does anyone know if you apply for common law Spousal inland but your spouse is a British citizen living in Canada, does his application get forwarded to the London visa office for review? As the uk processing times for OWP are less than half of the Canadian times.
In theory that is what is meant to happen but realistically it could go "anywhere". We see a lot of applications staying in Canada for the PA to be processed. Ottawa and Mississauga are "popular" VOs for this and there is no real rhyme or reason. It could be to deal with backlogs, because an application seems straight forward..no actual reason is given.

It's a case of waiting and seeing where it goes.

Last edited:

itsfubb

Apr 24, 2016
Hello All,

Just a quick question,
How long does it usually take to receive the email confirming that the application has been approved?
So far we have,
Medical Exam : Done
Certificat de Sélection du Québec : Received
Work Permit : Received
Medicare Card: Received

This is for an inland sponsorship of my husband who is from the US. We applied in March.

Thank you!!
Itsfubb

shabbarali

Aug 1, 2011
Hello Everyone,

I have a question regarding spousal open work permit.

I have a valid PGWP till October 2019 and I'm currently employed in a NOC B category. I am employed in NOC B (2242 - Electronic service technicians category) as a Electronic Video Game Technician - Household equipment. I am working in a temp to permanent role through an agency called Maxsys Staffing for EB Games. My wage is $12/hour +4% vacation pay. My employment contract isn't specified but it can go for as long as possible or can be short term as well, however as of now, I'm currently working full-time for EB Games through Maxsys Staffing. I want to apply for my spouse open work permit given that I meet minimum conditions that are outlined by CIC. I want to ask that what are the chances of my spouse work permit getting accepted based on information I have provided? Any suggestions, advices and information is highly welcomed and appreciated. Thank you!!

Regards,

Shabbar Bandukwala

aiz19

Star Member
May 22, 2013
PH
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
28-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-10-2017
Anyone knows how fast is it if you send required documents such as imm5669 and PCC through webform or by mail? tia

kainan118

May 12, 2017
Good morning everyone,

I got an update from CIC stating that my spouse and I can now receive free pre-arrival services from the Government of Canada.

Does anyone know what this letter indicate as far as my spouse sponsorship progress goes? The reason I ask is that our progress is still showing that they're reviewing our files and background check has not yet started. However, a quick search seems to show that you'll get the passport request shortly after receiving this letter. Really appreciate it if anyone can assist with my inquiry.\

My application is currently being processed at the HongKong office.

Thanks!

akhilvarma90

May 14, 2017
Kochi, Kerala, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
29-04-2017
Nomination.....
04-05-2017
AOR Received.
06-05
Passport Req..
01-09-2017
Sorry if this question has been addressed previously. But I couldn't find the right information and that why I have to post this doubt here.

I got my CoPR and will do a soft landiNG soon. My girlfriend and I are also planning to get married sometime in a year or two.

Is it better for her to apply for PR and then get married after she gets her CoPR? If yes, what will be the procedure and will there be any complications?

Or should I sponsor her for a spouse visa instead? I heard that sponsorship takes a lot of time to process.

Any suggestions?

Myrelnp

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Hi,
My wife, who's sponsoring me, and I have put together most of our package to apply inland. The document checklist says:
"If you are working in Canada, provide an original letter from your current employer stating your period of employment, salary, and regular
hours per week AND one of these documents issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA):
• your most recent Notice of Assessment. This must include line 150 (Total Income), or
• Proof of Income Statement (Option C)."

She is employed and has a good salary. She also has a bank statement about her savings, more than enough to support me until the open work permit is granted (and beyond). The problem is that she can't find her most recent Notice of Assessment or a Proof of Income Statement from CRA. We're in the process of trying to go through CRA to see if she successfully filed her taxes and just can't access them online, but she can't remember receiving anything from CRA after sending out her taxes in the spring and is worried she might have lost the envelope instead of mailing it, or maybe it got lost in the mail or something.

So, the question is:

In case she couldn't get any of these documents from CRA, or it took too long, should we send the application in hopes that her salary and savings will be enough and/or stating that that information will be submitted at a later date? If a document is missing from an application, is it usually rejected or they just ask for it? In case it's the second, do you think they'd still concede the open work permit?

Thank you very much for your help!
She has to contact CRA to request for it and she will be given an access code by mail to access it online if she doesnt have the recent one. Hope it helps :)